Purchased Z30 from ShopBB unlocked that is on 10.3.2.2474. I have been trying to connect a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse. All other bluetooth devices connected like a charm but this MS mouse just will not. I have tried just about everything but to no avail. Any suggestions from the tech minded gurus in CrackBerry. Your help would be appreciated. I added a few screenshots of this situation.

Can't connect Microsoft Designer bluetooth mouse to Z30-img_20151110_100431.pngCan't connect Microsoft Designer bluetooth mouse to Z30-img_20151109_202446.pngCan't connect Microsoft Designer bluetooth mouse to Z30-img_20151109_202454.pngCan't connect Microsoft Designer bluetooth mouse to Z30-img_20151109_204706.png
    11-10-15 10:15 AM
    From what I've gathered, you are connection your Z30 to a Microsoft mouse via Bluetooth?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2789
    11-10-15 03:10 PM
    Correct. I am trying to connect a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse to my Z30 but with no connection. As you can see by the screenshots - it says ''cannot connect''. I use my Z30 with several Bluetooth devices and they work great. I also have an OTG cable with the Z30 and can easily use a wireless mouse vis USB. I also use my Z30 with a micro HDMI cable to an external monitor and that works fine. I am stumped as to why the Microsoft Bluetooth will not connect to the Z30. Any suggestions are most welcome.
    11-10-15 04:25 PM
    Is the mouse already connected to another device(s)? Might another BT connection with the phone be interferring with the mouse?

Does it need a KEY or passcode?
    11-10-15 09:33 PM
    Tx for your response. I already tried this experiment about a month ago with the same Microsoft mouse and got the same results. I returned the product thinking it was a dud. The second Microsoft Designer mouse I purchased a few days ago and thinking that this one will work. I also found a thread of a CrackBerry user in BC with a PassPort SE that he could not pair his Microsoft Designer mouse and Microsoft Arc. There was no solution to his query.

To answer your questions - no the Microsoft Designer Mouse is not connected to other devices. Could another BT connection be inteferring with the mouse - I can't say. The mouse does not request a KEY or passcode. I have an older Microsoft keyboard 6000 that requires a passcode on startup.

The Z30 sees the Microsoft Designer mouse and the description turns green on the Z30 for about a second. Right after I get either a message of ''cannot connect'' and the other says ''visit the website''. Right now the message that I am getting most often is ''cannot connect'. I was tempted to contact BlackBerry and Microsoft but I know that both manufacturers are going to point their fingers at each other and me in the middle with no clear answer...life is too short.

I am stumped on this one.

Tx again for your interest. Mike.
    11-11-15 09:04 AM
    I've paired some HP mouse with my Z30 although I have not used it recently.
    11-11-15 09:09 AM
    If you have a chance to try your HP mouse - pls let me know of your results.
    11-11-15 09:36 AM
    If you have a chance to try your HP mouse - pls let me know of your results.
    Just RE-paired it. HP Touch-to-pair Mouse. I got it at Best Buy a while ago. Here's an Amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Touch-Mouse...UvbUpU12069165

And, yes, it has that garish top!!!

Open apps, close apps select stuff. It works. Verizon Z30 with most recent leak OS or nearly most recent.
    11-11-15 11:57 AM
    Tx for testing your ''garish'' BT mouse. At least your HP mouse works and my Microsoft Designer mouse does not connect.

I guess Best Buy will have another working return. Time for me to call it quits.

Appreciate all of your efforts.
    11-11-15 03:37 PM
    I have a MS Wedge ( mouse) which is way cool looking and very portable. Of course it is now EOL! I also have the way cool matching MS keyboard that turns on by removing the rubber protective cover. Both pair perfectly with my Z30 (and my PlayBook).
    I then bought a MS Arc mouse. The Z30 sees the Arc but will not pair at all. I think that the new generation of MS devices have simply left BlackBerry behind.

Sent from my Z30
    11-11-15 08:38 PM
    I was under the impression that bluetooth was bluetooth but I was wrong. Probably the new Microsoft mice work fine with Win10 products but not with BlackBerry. Shame in a sense, I was also going to buy the new foldable Microsoft mobile keyboard - but after this experiment I will look somewhere else. Not sure if Microsoft left BlackBerry behind or the opposite. Just a consumer caught in between 2 big companies. Time to move on as they say.
    11-12-15 12:18 PM