I am trying to close Skype from the device monitor - Memory but it's not closing. Even though I am completely signed out it keeps showing guy in the Memory and using 117MB of RAM. I closed bit it remains on the list of active apps. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 02:43 PM
    What I do to close Skype is sign out then the app minimizes and I press and hold the X button until it closes. I remember hearing that a long hold force closes the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 03:22 PM
    Even when it doesn't show up as an active app Skype more times than not will still have processes running in the background. I always sign out first and then close but it will often reopen in the background on it's own. I downloaded Task Manager and found Skype as well as other Android based apps would reopen processes after I closed them. If not for Task Manager I wouldn't have been aware. Sometimes I have to kill Skype a couple of times after a normal close.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 03:46 PM
    Even when it doesn't show up as an active app Skype more times than not will still have processes running in the background. I always sign out first and then close but it will often reopen in the background on it's own. I downloaded Task Manager and found Skype as well as other Android based apps would reopen processes after I closed them. If not for Task Manager I wouldn't have been aware. Sometimes I have to kill Skype a couple of times after a normal close.

Posted via CB10
    Try the press and hold.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 03:49 PM