This is my first blackberry device Z30 , got it on may 7th and i love it but today when i am charging it is stuck at 65% and doesnt charge beyond that ,my phone came with 10.2 and i updated it to 10.3.2558. mine is STA100-2

help me to solve this issue i also restarted it but noting happened.
    05-26-15 09:48 AM
    I found 2558 to be a troublesome OS. I got off of it almost as soon as I loaded it. It would not let me backup my phone either.
    05-26-15 09:56 AM
    check your battery charging port. the same thing happened to me. mine was not charging beyond 21%.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 10:09 AM
    so autoloading 10.3.2.680 can rectify the issue?
    05-26-15 10:38 AM
    so autoloading 10.3.2.680 can rectify the issue?
    CAUTION: Loading a 10.3.2.xxx BETA does not allow you to roll back to a 10.3.1.xxx version. It locks the device to only moving forward. That is not to say that it is a bad version just that it does start to limit options.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-26-15 11:35 AM
    ok then how to rectify this issue use another charger ?i try with my brothers motorola charger ....
    05-26-15 11:55 AM
    The BlackBerry charger is likely fine. Before loading a different OS or whatnot leave your device on the charger until it gets to the point where it is not charging or stuck at a certain percentage then simply try doing a restart holding both the volume up and down keys at the same time until you see the BlackBerry logo. Leave the device on the charger the entire time. See if it starts moving from there. This has resolved the same issue for others in the past.

Just a heads up the volume up and down will take a screen shot. Just ignore and hold until it restarts while on the charger. You can delete the screen shot later.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:31 PM
    The BlackBerry charger is likely fine. Before loading a different OS or whatnot leave your device on the charger until it gets to the point where it is not charging or stuck at a certain percentage then simply try doing a restart holding both the volume up and down keys at the same time until you see the BlackBerry logo. Leave the device on the charger the entire time. See if it starts moving from there. This has resolved the same issue for others in the past.

Just a heads up the volume up and down will take a screen shot. Just ignore and hold until it restarts while on the charger. You can delete the screen shot later.

Posted via CB10
    i tried that but charging stops at 65% nothing changed, by the way i tried with another charger then also it stops at 65% that means charger is not fault one.are there any other methods or send it back to seller for a new one (bought it from amazon) its just been 2 weeks i got this device.
    Last edited by Harish3; 05-26-15 at 01:55 PM.
    05-26-15 01:33 PM
    i did that restart method but the charging stops at 65% so what to do now are there any methods to rectify it or send it back to seller(bought it from amazon)its been just 2 weeks or updating the os using autoloader can rectify it? this is my primary device i dont have other phone.
    05-26-15 01:52 PM
    i tried that but charging stops at 65% nothing changed, by the way i tried with another charger then also it stops at 65% that means charger is not fault one.are there any other methods or send it back to seller for a new one (bought it from amazon) its just been 2 weeks i got this device.
    I'd assume from here it would be because of the leaked OS. I believe that you CAN downgrade from 10.3.2, but you have to downgrade all of the way back to at least 10.2.1 (or an earlier OS? Somebody will have to help here as I have not touched anything above 10.3.1) with an autoloader and then update from there to the latest official OS from BlackBerry which would be 10.3.1.??? which I would do using SACHESI that way you know you are getting an official OS that is stable.

I'm sure somebody will add some input here. I'm kinda surprised that you loaded an unofficial OS/leak so soon after getting the new device. 10.3.1 works flawlessly on my Z30 and there is nothing in any of the 10.3.2 builds worth risking it for especially with the difficulty going back with 10.3.2. I recently updated my dad's Verizon Z10 to 10.3.1 from 10.2.1, but did a non-destructive update via SACHESI with an official OS release from Rogers in Canada. I'd recommend getting on an official OS from BlackBerry for your Z30.

I know this isn't an easy fix and having to downgrade then update all over again will be a pain, but you should just get on the official OS and enjoy it since you just got the device. Since you bought from Amazon, you have the option to return the device and wait for another if you wanted, but I'd think you'd rather keep your device over going through the return process especially considering it is likely the leaked OS causing your issues.

I'm sure another poster will comment on downgrading from 10.3.2 and give you a bit more help there. Hopefully you can get all of this resolved soon and start enjoying your new phone!

Edit: Was just thinking about my post and it shouldn't be as difficult as I originally thought. Once you downgrade, you should be able to then just search for an update and get the latest 10.3.1 update OTA.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:24 PM
    I have a Z30 and 10.3.1.2582 worked really well for me.

As for the charging, try this:

-Plug in your Z30
    -Hold down the lock/unlock button until you get a blank screen and a long-pulsing red light.
    -After several pulses of the red light, let go of the lock button

If all goes well, the BlackBerry logo should appear then disappear, a charging symbol should appear then disappear, and your LED should turn to a pulsing yellow light. When finished charging, the light should turn solid green. If the light goes right to solid green, I'd imagine that your OS is misreporting your battery percentage and you should try a different version (I'd stay away from 10.3.1.2726; It caused some connectivity issues for me)
    05-26-15 02:52 PM
    I'd assume from here it would be because of the leaked OS. I believe that you CAN downgrade from 10.3.2, but you have to downgrade all of the way back to at least 10.2.1 (or an earlier OS? Somebody will have to help here as I have not touched anything above 10.3.1) with an autoloader and then update from there to the latest official OS from BlackBerry which would be 10.3.1.??? which I would do using SACHESI that way you know you are getting an official OS that is stable.

I'm sure somebody will add some input here. I'm kinda surprised that you loaded an unofficial OS/leak so soon after getting the new device. 10.3.1 works flawlessly on my Z30 and there is nothing in any of the 10.3.2 builds worth risking it for especially with the difficulty going back with 10.3.2. I recently updated my dad's Verizon Z10 to 10.3.1 from 10.2.1, but did a non-destructive update via SACHESI with an official OS release from Rogers in Canada. I'd recommend getting on an official OS from BlackBerry for your Z30.

I know this isn't an easy fix and having to downgrade then update all over again will be a pain, but you should just get on the official OS and enjoy it since you just got the device. Since you bought from Amazon, you have the option to return the device and wait for another if you wanted, but I'd think you'd rather keep your device over going through the return process especially considering it is likely the leaked OS causing your issues.

I'm sure another poster will comment on downgrading from 10.3.2 and give you a bit more help there. Hopefully you can get all of this resolved soon and start enjoying your new phone!

Edit: Was just thinking about my post and it shouldn't be as difficult as I originally thought. Once you downgrade, you should be able to then just search for an update and get the latest 10.3.1 update OTA.

Posted via CB10
    i didnt use the leaked os after i bought the device i got an update available msg and i updated it to 10.3.1.2558 for 2weeks it worked fine got this problem yesterday
    05-26-15 09:28 PM
    i didnt use the leaked os after i bought the device i got an update available msg and i updated it to 10.3.1.2558 for 2weeks it worked fine got this problem yesterday
    My bad... I'll have to re-read what I wrote. I thought you had updated to some version of 10.3.2 from the original post.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 11:04 PM
    So after re-reading everything. I'd do a backup and just use BlackBerry Link and click "reload software". This will wipe and reload your OS and is really simple.

After that is finished, try charging the device before restoring anything and see if it starts charging past 61%. BlackBerry Link includes this for those that are having issues with the software which seems to be the problem.

The software is not reading the battery percentage accurately. This should fix your issue.

I thought you were on a leaked 10.3.2 OS. Stay with the official OS from BlackBerry (10.3.1). Since you wrote that this is a new problem, I'm fairly confident that reloading the OS will fix it.

Edit: I meant past 65%. Not sure where I got 61%.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:02 AM
    So after re-reading everything. I'd do a backup and just use BlackBerry Link and click "reload software". This will wipe and reload your OS and is really simple.

After that is finished, try charging the device before restoring anything and see if it starts charging past 61%. BlackBerry Link includes this for those that are having issues with the software which seems to be the problem.

The software is not reading the battery percentage accurately. This should fix your issue.

I thought you were on a leaked 10.3.2 OS. Stay with the official OS from BlackBerry (10.3.1). Since you wrote that this is a new problem, I'm fairly confident that reloading the OS will fix it.

Edit: I meant past 65%. Not sure where I got 61%.

Posted via CB10
    ok thanks for the reply and i will do it and reply back,btw its my fault that i wrote 10.3.2558 instead of 10.3.1.2558 sry for that
    05-27-15 12:17 AM
    ok thanks for the reply and i will do it and reply back,btw its my fault that i wrote 10.3.2558 instead of 10.3.1.2558 sry for that
    No problem, was just confused a bit since I haven't been following the 10.3.2 builds.

I think that reloading the software would fix this as it just started happening. Not sure what would trigger this, but fingerscrossed for ya.

At least it's a fairly simple solution. Definitely charge the device after you reload the software and enter your BBID and all of that before restoring your old data. Maybe there is something in the backup or something downloaded that caused an issue or the software didn't install properly for some reason.

Hoping this works for you. Will def check back to see how it went.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 02:01 AM
    i reloaded the os using link but the charging problem is still there dont know what to do now are there any other methods or should i return it back ?
    05-27-15 07:03 AM
    i reloaded the os using link but the charging problem is still there dont know what to do now are there any other methods or should i return it back ?
    Wow... I'm all out of ideas here unless you want to try different OS releases. Really thought that would have worked. Maybe you'll get some other comments that will help you out. Since you bought from Amazon I'm assuming that you can return and get a new replacement. I'll be working the next few days so won't be posting much, but good luck. Hope you get this fixed one way or another!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:26 AM
    thanks for the help i am going to return the product .do u think classic is better to get or wait for new releases? .i cant afford passport yet its costly .i am from india
    05-27-15 10:43 AM
    Try an exchange for another Z30, and I would leave it on the original OS it comes with to wring the device and see if there are any issues BEFORE you update the OS......
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    05-27-15 12:22 PM
    thanks for the help i am going to return the product .do u think classic is better to get or wait for new releases? .i cant afford passport yet its costly .i am from india
    Honestly the Z30 is a really great phone. I have no issues getting whatever phone and I choose to use the Passport and Z30 as my two main devices. After I left Verizon for the Passport, I bought a new GSM Z30 while on sale. It really is a great device.

Going from the Z30 to Classic you are really changing the form factor there; and you'd be losing a lot of the standout features that the Z30 has over the Z10, Leap, Classic. The Passport is by far the better device... it's really an amazing piece of hardware.

With that said, the Z30 is the best all touch in my opinion. Why not just get a replacement from Amazon?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 07:25 AM
    Honestly the Z30 is a really great phone. I have no issues getting whatever phone and I choose to use the Passport and Z30 as my two main devices. After I left Verizon for the Passport, I bought a new GSM Z30 while on sale. It really is a great device.

Going from the Z30 to Classic you are really changing the form factor there; and you'd be losing a lot of the standout features that the Z30 has over the Z10, Leap, Classic. The Passport is by far the better device... it's really an amazing piece of hardware.

With that said, the Z30 is the best all touch in my opinion. Why not just get a replacement from Amazon?

Posted via CB10
    i contacted amazon customer care and they said they are no longer supports replacement for any products ,they just take returns and give refunds .i already asked for a refund and they said ok.They said the courier boy come and take the item in 2 days i thought i need to charge the phone.

BTW after reloading i left the phone for 7-10 hrs and then

TO MY SURPRISE when i started charging the device at 35% and it went above 65% and then to 98% and stopped there.i too love this device but

now the thing is as you said z30 is better than all,do u want me to fix with this device as the problem is solved for now(i think the os is settled) or do u want me to take the refund and buy another z30 i am really in a confusion because dont know what could happen the problem may raise in future if i continue this or the new device may be a faulty one.(or a better one)
    I want to keep it but do u think device will be ok ?
    help me in this
    Last edited by Harish3; 05-28-15 at 12:02 PM.
    05-28-15 08:40 AM
    i contacted amazon customer care and they said they are no longer supports replacement for any products ,they just take returns and give refunds .i already asked for a refund and they said ok.They said the courier boy come and take the item in 2 days i thought i need to charge the phone.

BTW after reloading i left the phone for 7-10 hrs and then

TO MY SURPRISE when i started charging the device at 35% and it went above 65% and then to 98% and stopped there.i too love this device but

now the thing is as you said z30 is better than all,do u want me to fix with this device as the problem is solved for now(i think the os is settled) or do u want me to take the refund and buy another z30 i am really in a confusion because dont know what could happen the problem may raise in future if i continue this or the new device may be a faulty one.(or a better one)
    I want to keep it but do u think device will be ok ?
    help me in this
    I guess you could try using it normally and also play some power hungry games to lower the battery and then charge and see how it reacts - all before the courier comes to take it. See how it appears to perform and recharge. Try running the battery down once, twice or even 3 times and see if it behaves normally. My Z10 would not reboot, kept stopping at 99%. I spent hour 4 or five hours getting its OS reloaded and it would not work. Finally, it did reload and rebooted. I cancelled the replacement from Verizon. Worked fine for two weeks then the same problem. Finally, did replace it. So you have to try figuring it out.

Or just return it.

Good luck
    05-28-15 05:12 PM
    I guess you could try using it normally and also play some power hungry games to lower the battery and then charge and see how it reacts - all before the courier comes to take it. See how it appears to perform and recharge. Try running the battery down once, twice or even 3 times and see if it behaves normally. My Z10 would not reboot, kept stopping at 99%. I spent hour 4 or five hours getting its OS reloaded and it would not work. Finally, it did reload and rebooted. I cancelled the replacement from Verizon. Worked fine for two weeks then the same problem. Finally, did replace it. So you have to try figuring it out.

Or just return it.

Good luck
    i did that today and started charging the phone now it charged to 100% the thunder bolt symbol is gone but it still shows charging remaining time in battery usage ,is it normal or its some thing fault with software.
    now is it ok to continue with this or buy new z30 by giving back this one?
    05-29-15 05:41 AM
    You have to decide for yourself after as much testing as you can accomplish before the courier comes for it. I don't know what the various Battery Apps read or use to make their determinations and display that info.
    05-29-15 08:03 AM
27 12