Dear blackberry Z30 users,
    Yesterday i bought new blackberry Z30 and try to open it. It shows a red light, blackberry flashes and turns off. I kept charging for 45min then i tried it again, it is the same. I took it to shop, there they charged for 30min and it started with the booting screen, i thought my problem is resolved when back home, by the time i reach home, my phone is dead again... i kept the phone for charging for whole night. in the morning when i turn it on, it is the same blackberry sign flashes and then turns off..... " i read in the official blackberry statement that when battery is completely dead, this problem arises, and they suggested that instead of wall charger use PC to charge the phone for 45min - 1 hr then turn on the device and charge it with normal charger. So in the morning i started charging it for an hour, then turn it on, it turned on, booted well and got upto connectivity and turn off again." I am just wondering how long it takes to get charged, and hour charge dose not even lost for 2min? Does any one faced this problem? Please help.
    Thanks
    02-16-15 11:27 PM
    Have you tried plugging it into your computer and seeing if BlackBerry Link detects it? Sometimes that will kick it into gear after the battery has been dead for an extended period.
    02-16-15 11:36 PM
    Hi. I'm sorry for your experience. As much as this phone is a great piece of gadget, I'd still like to note that there could be some imperfections.

My advice is to use your warranty to get a replacement as you can't seem to find a solution. It is seeming that even if you get a temporary solution to the problem now, it mind occur after some time.

Thanks.

 BlackBerry  ZedThir30 STA 100-2 (OS 10.3.1.2243)
    Carmels likes this.
    02-16-15 11:38 PM
    you mean to say that, even if the battery is completely dead, blackberry link detects it? The thing is after last night charging it dosent turn on, after an hour long charging my phone turned on, i went upto setting the wifi on, then it is dead again.
    Thanks @Bla1ze
    02-16-15 11:40 PM
    Thanks for yoru advice @mobols
    02-16-15 11:41 PM
    my device turned on and went through the setup after two hours of charging, i saw my battery is around 25% and above, and all of a sudden it went blank again. Now after 20min of charge, it started upto booting then it went off. Is this a battery problem or device problem? Any other suggestions before i take it to service center?
    Thanks
    02-16-15 11:57 PM
    I have opened blackberry link. The device was detected, and by the time i can do any thing it went off...
    Any further suggestions @Bla1Ze
    02-17-15 12:02 AM
    If it was just that you kept getting to a certain part in the setup and it randomly rebooted, I'd say autoload a leak and see if you can complete the setup.

But since you seem to have total power failure and then charging it only lasts a few minutes, I'd say you have a flaky battery or other hardware problem. Probably the best thing to do is to exchange it.

Unless I'm not understanding things right. The autoloader would be worth a try (I'd do it) but I don't want to advise you to do something you're not comfortable with.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-17-15 12:04 AM
    Hey does it go off of you have it plugged into a good wall charger? Have you ever gotten it to charge to 100%? Have you tried any other wall chargers on the off chance your charger might have a short or connection problem?

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-17-15 12:06 AM
    Frankly i dont know about this autoloader stuff. I used the authentic wall charger came with BBZ30 all night. Nothing happened. Today morning i charged it for two hours using my PC as suggested by official blackberry thread (regarding battery dead) and it went through set up and i saw there was 25% of battery and it turnoff..... what i dont understand is, whey it is keep on truning off, after charging all night and since today morning i am charing it.. its been three hours.... and more over 100% charge? i dont get any indicator while charging, how would i even know if it is 100% charged?
    Thanks@Doggerz
    Last edited by raam4u; 02-17-15 at 12:55 AM.
    02-17-15 12:24 AM
    You have a faulty phone, even though it's new. Don't waste any more time on it. Get it replaced under warranty.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1 waiting for 10.3.x
    02-17-15 02:31 AM
    i went to the shop and it is really hard to get z30 here. i dont think i will get a z30, i have to settle for z10 may be.
    02-17-15 02:44 AM
    Stick to Z30 which is far superior than Z10.
    But replace it or get refund for faulty piece, Or contact nearest service center. But as you are facing problem just from purchase so better pursue them for replacement.
    02-17-15 03:03 AM
    i went to the shop and it is really hard to get z30 here. i dont think i will get a z30, i have to settle for z10 may be.
    Where are you from???

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 06:12 AM
    Dear blackberry Z30 users,
    Yesterday i bought new blackberry Z30 and try to open it. It shows a red light, blackberry flashes and turns off. I kept charging for 45min then i tried it again, it is the same. I took it to shop, there they charged for 30min and it started with the booting screen, i thought my problem is resolved when back home, by the time i reach home, my phone is dead again... i kept the phone for charging for whole night. in the morning when i turn it on, it is the same blackberry sign flashes and then turns off..... " i read in the official blackberry statement that when battery is completely dead, this problem arises, and they suggested that instead of wall charger use PC to charge the phone for 45min - 1 hr then turn on the device and charge it with normal charger. So in the morning i started charging it for an hour, then turn it on, it turned on, booted well and got upto connectivity and turn off again." I am just wondering how long it takes to get charged, and hour charge dose not even lost for 2min? Does any one faced this problem? Please help.
    Thanks
    Happened to a friend of mine too, with brand new Z30 also. I've tried everything, numerous time to reload the OS, leaked and official. On rare occasions it will stay up and then suddenly turn of the way you describe. BB replaced it after long ordeal of troubleshooting. Took couple of weeks even here in Canada...Wander if they had a faulty batch of devices that does this. I have three Z30s and they all work really well or should I say as it should.
    02-17-15 06:16 AM
    OP don't settle for a Z10 unless it's being offered as a loaner phone while your Z30 is shipped off for repair or replacement, then that's fine. But by no means should you be settling on an exchange for a Z10.

I'd rather be phoneless, then to give up my Z30! That's how awesome a device it is. You just happen to have the miss fortune of a faulty device and as annoying as that can be the saying goes.......**** happens! Get is replaced under BlackBerry's warranty and be patient in its return.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    02-17-15 07:36 AM
    Refund
    02-17-15 07:53 AM
    I'm scared now, my phones new and I don't want to find it dead tomorrow, my battery seems to be going down quick, it's gone down 10% in an hour is that normal??

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 12:06 PM
    Is this normal?
    Attachment 334187
    02-17-15 12:11 PM
    I'm scared now, my phones new and I don't want to find it dead tomorrow, my battery seems to be going down quick, it's gone down 10% in an hour is that normal??
    Posted via CB10
    As long as you use the BB charger which came with your phone, and, attach it every evening at bedtime, then you should be able to run all day with some left over. Unless your spending all day stream movies. I use a Z30, got it several weeks ago, and I have loaded the latest OS myself because I can, my Z30 in unlocked because I bought it new on Amazon and not through a Carrier. So I'm free to do as I feel. I have had days where it seemed the battery was going down faster than normal, perhaps there are certain Apps which can draw constantly. I do seem to have an issue when I Text, but I'm uncertain about true cause. I have on occasion held the power button until it turned off, then turned it back on, which seemed to help. But battery drain has never caused me bad issues. As with all devices that use a computer type chip it always helps to power down and then back up every few days to reset things. Anyway, no need to be worrying before something happens, there is a warranty on new phones.
    02-17-15 12:28 PM
    Just get another Z30 from them. No reason to deal with this on a new phone.

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    02-18-15 12:49 AM
    If I were you, I'd try to use sic multi wipe it and install a os with an autoloader.

It's easy with an autoloader...do a quick search on cb forums to see how they work, I'd suggest 10.3.1.2267.

But you can always get a new z30 with a warranty claim

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:03 AM
    Just demand a new Z30 and dont give in for anything less unless its a loaner. Make sure you get it in writing, especially if you need to do a special order

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-18-15 02:27 AM
    While we don't know if it would have helped, BBLink and Autoloader processes sometimes would work if the battery was removed from the Z10. But removing the battery is not possible (or, at least, not simple) with the Z30.

I sympathize with the OP. It is terrible to get a brand new device and have it immediately fail. But it unforunately does happen on occasion.

Good luck getting a working unit.
    02-18-15 09:10 AM
    Thanks you all for your support guys, I returned it in the shop yesterday and they tried to fix it. But they failed and got a replacement.. I got a white one due to lack of stock. It is working okay. Great phone.
    Thanks all......

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-20-15 05:15 AM