Been using Z30 for about 6 months now and love it!!

With all the hype around iphone 6, I thought I'll give it a try an got hold of one on the weekend. Nothing great about it (I've had all versions of iPhone - my wife uses them) . Played with it for an hour and returned it. Even my wife wanted to stick with her 5S - she fins it quite ugly

For me, I'm not sure whether I can give up the hub and the keyboard for iOS .

Only friend is the camera on my z30. It's quite port compared to other premium phones.

So here I'm returning an iphone when people are queuing up for days to get one!!

Posted via CB10
    That'll learn ya'! :-)

From the days of yore, when 'Black'Berrys were Blue.
    lift likes this.
    09-23-14 10:04 PM
    The iPhone 6 as the same specs as the nexus 4 in 2012! Lol

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    So, specs are only half the story... it's all about the OS and how it's optimized. As long as the phone operates smoothly and does what people need it to do who cares.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:23 AM
    So, specs are only half the story... it's all about the OS and how it's optimized. As long as the phone operates smoothly and does what people need it to do who cares.

Posted via CB10
    This was always true, until Android came along and then the only differentiating factors between all the different Android phones were the specs.

I've found that iOS, WP, and BB10 all leverage their hardware far better than Android does (this is my opinion, go away with your bashing).

I'm glad that the OP was willing to give the iPhone 6 a try. I'm going to check it out this weekend...not going to buy it because I don't have that kind of ridiculous expendable income - but still want to try it out.
    09-24-14 02:39 AM
    Same here. Got an iPhone 6 plus yday and already put my sim back in my z30 and the 6 plus is going in craigslist tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rajbir01; 09-24-14 at 10:28 AM.
    09-24-14 02:46 AM
    For me the BB10 OS is just to fluid and intuitive that I could never see myself use an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    One of the gripes people had with bb10 os, even with z30 10.2 was the small lags in the os. Yes, it's intuitive. However during everyday operations, there's always small amounts of lag that builts up.

As for apple iPhone 6:

Let's be honest, it's still a very good system. This is mainly due to the fact that apple gets the most fluid updated apps. Many apps that I wanted aren't even on android, native, or port.

Secondly the camera on the. Iphone is damn good. Of course the tech and app, other android and windows phones have had it years ago. Still, it doesn't diminish it's capabilities.

Finally, no matter how much. We harp on iphones poor physical properties (like bad antenna, battery, protruding camera, and easy to bend/break-ability), we still have to marvel at that it's a much more physically desirable device. Compared to anything BlackBerry offers.

So if we can get over the hub, keyboard, productivity and actual communication, and if price isn't an issue, iphone 6 is for you. Not me though, BlackBerry 10 flow and keyboard is just too good.

CB10 on the Q10
    09-24-14 03:36 AM
    Yup I feel the same way about my Z30. Love the Hub! IOS 8 notification center is not as good. I also wish that the Z30 had a better camera, but overall I love my Z30. BBM Video is just as good as Facetime. Not sure if IOS 8 allows fro screen sharing but BBM does!
    09-24-14 03:57 PM
    The price subject throws me off a bit. While price matters, and I understand it matters for a LOT of people - price isn't why I have a particular phone. If the phone doesn't do what I want, doesn't hold up to normal use, etc. then it's worthless to me at any price.

I used those funky old Motorola RAZR flip phones for YEARS because for the most part they just held up fine and worked right, plus they were compact and durable enough to pocket-carry. I could beat on them forever before they'd finally cave in and the switch for detecting flipped-open would go bad and the screen wouldn't come on. Off to craigslist and buy another cheap, pop SIM in, rock on.

For me, price is zero object whatsoever. While I don't desire to pay too much for anything, I can afford whatever phone I wish to buy - and my choice was the Z10, used it for over a year, and then migrated to the Z30. I love the phone and have zero desire to even consider another Apple product...whether the iPhone6 was $600, or $6.

Richard
    09-24-14 04:33 PM
    I did the same thing... I waited up till midnight Pacific and ordered two Iphone 6 (one for the wife and one for me). As a sidebar I had used Iphone right upto Iphone 5 and switched to Z10 then quickly moved to Z30. Well after 2 days I decided enough was enough for me and went back to my Z30. The difference for me was despite the bigger screen I have vision trouble and found that with z30 when I change fonts it is pretty much universal or able to change fonts in all apps. NOT so for Iphone. The email and text message could become bigger but most of the apps had smaller fonts and no way to change them to bigger. I could use zoom and double tap but his made it an akward experience. So back to z30 for now. I really enjoy the swipe to turn on and the HUB which in my opinion is second to none. I do like iOS and if my eyesight was better may have stuck with it as it is a nice and simple OS with a ton of apps.
    09-24-14 04:48 PM
    Sorry about that! How's this:

Yo BB 4 Life! #BBorDie!
    iToy is 4 pics of ur cat or cupcakes. Toolz not toyz!
    TroLLoLoLoL!

(Wow. That hurt my brain.)
    LOoooOoooOoooOoooOoooOooooooooOL muuuuch better brings back the good old days!!

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-25-14 02:50 PM
    The 6+ gets a lot uglier after it bends.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    True. Except when BlackBerry fans say this they are dumped on as accepting less than the best. Called BlackBerry francois etc. Check the forums.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:12 PM
36 12