Been using Z30 for about 6 months now and love it!!

With all the hype around iphone 6, I thought I'll give it a try an got hold of one on the weekend. Nothing great about it (I've had all versions of iPhone - my wife uses them) . Played with it for an hour and returned it. Even my wife wanted to stick with her 5S - she fins it quite ugly

For me, I'm not sure whether I can give up the hub and the keyboard for iOS .

Only friend is the camera on my z30. It's quite port compared to other premium phones.

So here I'm returning an iphone when people are queuing up for days to get one!!

Posted via CB10
    RipperTm, lift, howards and 1 others like this.
    09-22-14 01:29 PM
    no phone is perfect for everyone. Seems the z30 is your better fit
    eddy_berry, andy957 and Elite1 like this.
    09-22-14 01:36 PM
    Thanks for sharing your impressions.

I don't think the iPhone 6 is ugly at all, but I haven't really seen one person. (I think I saw a couple people holding one on Saturday while I was out, but didn't get a great look.)

I agree with you in general about Z30, or BB10 anyway, over iPhone. I prefer BB10 touchscreen for same reasons as you: Hub, UI, keyboard.

I won't call the Z30 camera exactly poor as I have taken some terrific pics with it, but it's inconsistent and seemingly not up to par with many others out there. I have many times where a "throwaway" pic is required first when it just won't focus, which is probably software-based. (I like how the iPhone 6 Plus has optical image stabilization!)
    I believe camera is improved on Passport and any future higher-end BBs.

To each their own! At least you're making an educated decision about what's best for you after trying more than one thing.
    Jrox74, Nharzhool and 00stryder like this.
    09-22-14 01:43 PM
    Just to clarify. Before android matured, I used iPhones for years till iPhone 4S. Then I switched to android and used it for a year or so and then switched to Z30. But still have both iphone 5 and 5S for my wife.

So I don't necessarily hate iPhones and iOS but having used BlackBerry with bb10 I don't think I'll go back to iOS.

Posted via CB10
    CubeDweller likes this.
    09-22-14 02:21 PM
    I don't think the iPhone 6 is ugly per say. Used both the 6 and the 6 plus at a future shop today. Good looking devices but nothing ground breaking to justify the insane lines outside of Apple stores. Side note, something I liked on iOS was the transitions when you click on a folder. It kind of zooms in on that portion of the screen. Just thought it was neat versus the standard opening.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 02:45 PM
    I just played around with the 6 plus at a Bell store. I must say that it's a nice piece of kit. But I feel apple missed an opportunity to take real advantage of the extra real estate. The phone looks great but feels held back by the software.

Posted via my Z30
    09-22-14 04:07 PM
    The iPhone 6 as the same specs as the nexus 4 in 2012! Lol

From my Z30 ? 10.3
    nick13b likes this.
    09-23-14 02:46 AM
    I have both the z30 and a gold iPhone 6 64 gig model and I like both the devices. I like the Hub and the messaging system on my z30 and the app ecosystem and the simplicity of IOS 8.

Both devices have their good and bad points and you have to pick what's right for you.

One area for me where the iPhone and IOS stands out is the integration between my Mac's and the device. Apple has done a good job in that area.

Another serious issue for me being I am from the USA is support. There is virtually no support for Blackberry here and my carrier T Mobile no longer is licensed to carry the Blackberry products.

Apple has two stores near my area where I can get support for the device if I have an issue. I am looking at possibility buying a passport if they offer a unlocked version at the launch date.

For now I switch between the z30 and the iPhone 6 and it's working quite well. I will say the build quality on the new iPhone 6 is excellent and I like the new thinner profile. Just my two cents.
    eddy_berry and LuvULongTime like this.
    09-23-14 06:40 AM
    I am also sticking with BB since last 8 yrs only because of its emails management. With "forever" option gives us feel to carry laptop in the pocket. Although, automatic Bcc option has been missing in OS 10 which I am missing a lot, this option was so well included till OS 7.1 and it was so convenient to see all sent emails in my outlook inbox.
    Yes, the service & support aspect is really very serious. Even in India, which is supposed to be an emerging market for Blackberry, service support has been very very poor. mine Z30 had mic problem (hardware issue) was handed over to service centre around 50 days ago, no reply from Blackberry till today. Absolutely no concern for customers and effort to regulate service centres efficiency. It is simple question, once we buy such an expensive device, expectation of prompt & good service is extremely crucial. This approach of blackberry is killing all my enthu to go continue. Even loyal customers like me is loosing confidence.
    DataCenter likes this.
    09-23-14 07:15 AM
    Thanks for sharing your impressions.

I don't think the iPhone 6 is ugly at all, but I haven't really seen one person. (I think I saw a couple people holding one on Saturday while I was out, but didn't get a great look.)

I agree with you in general about Z30, or BB10 anyway, over iPhone. I prefer BB10 touchscreen for same reasons as you: Hub, UI, keyboard.

I won't call the Z30 camera exactly poor as I have taken some terrific pics with it, but it's inconsistent and seemingly not up to par with many others out there. I have many times where a "throwaway" pic is required first when it just won't focus, which is probably software-based. (I like how the iPhone 6 Plus has optical image stabilization!)
    I believe camera is improved on Passport and any future higher-end BBs.

To each their own! At least you're making an educated decision about what's best for you after trying more than one thing.
    God! Since when was crackberry that fair and mature!!!

A couple of years ago comments would've been! Great choice BlackBerry rocks, iPhone is ugly etc...

LOoooOoooOoooOoooOoooOooooooooOL this forum is becoming uber polite!

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-23-14 07:24 AM
    I like what iPhone 6 has done, it does feel like and upgrade. I just hate it's shape, it should be able to stand up.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 07:26 AM
    I did almost the exactly the same thing. My L925 has been paid off since August so I used my Jump on T-Mobile. Used it for the weekend and decided it wasn't for me. It's a very slick looking device. Just couldn't see myself using it for my daily driver. Z30 will stay my daily driver and the 925 as my picture taking phone.

Posted via Zee30
    Dianasue likes this.
    09-23-14 10:39 AM
    I almost gone with the Iphone 6 myself, but not having a native file manager and the Iphone's keyboard reall tiny, I just had to go with the BB Z30. Awesome sweet looking phone!!!! And the Z30 personally, is more well built and more rugged for that matter than the iPhone.

Hence, among all the smartphones out there including Android, BlackBerries are indeed more security focused....Just my 2 cents!!!!
    09-23-14 10:44 AM
    Well, i was an Iphone user, but moved away from it more than a year now. After owning Z10 for more than a year, I don't think I want to go back to IOS again. This is my preference; I'm not speaking for others. The reason I love BB10 so much is the HUB, Flow. I ask myself everyday, why would people don't use BlackBerry BB10 phones? It is so easy; just peek into the HUB, boom, everything is there. Whenever I surf the web or viewing pictures and someone text me, I can reply without leaving what i am doing. Wow, Wow!!!
    09-23-14 11:01 AM
    Just came out of an O2 store and checked out both the 6 and the 6+. Maaaan.. they look so cheap. I really and sincerely do not see what the fuss was all about. They were extremely underwhelming. Looked just like the android phones on display beside them. I really feel sorry for those who queued up and spent so much on them. They're rubbish to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 11:22 AM
    Apparently iPhone 6+ users are learning the hard way not to carry the phone in hip pockets. Forget b*tt dialing, they bend!
    Z30 owners had this figured out long ago!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-23-14 03:45 PM
    Yeah, the Z30 is great!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    09-23-14 03:48 PM
    Should have sold it to China for $2000

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    09-23-14 03:54 PM
    I'm really tempted with the iPhone because of my apple eco system at home but I hear Passport whispering to me every so often....

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    09-23-14 06:10 PM
    I had seen the ip6 ND 6+ at best buy and also feel they looked a bit cheap. I was never a fan of the iPhone lines however I did admire the look of the 5s. The 6 just looks half the value.
    For me the BB10 OS is just to fluid and intuitive that I could never see myself use an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:27 PM
    Apparently iPhone 6+ users are learning the hard way not to carry the phone in hip pockets. Forget b*tt dialing, they bend!
    Z30 owners had this figured out long ago!

Posted via CB10
    I always carry my phone in the front pockets of my pants. Haven't had an issue with the Z30 before. In fact haven't heard of anyone outside of this having issues with the phone bending out of shape before.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 08:21 PM
    I saw the iPhone 6 and Plus in person today, and I have to say that it is kind of ugly. It's a little awkward to use. I loved the design of the 4 and 5, but the 6 is kind of gross. The rounded edges of the screen are nice, however.

The Z30 has a more premium feel.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 09:11 PM
    5 things I love about the Z30 which iPhone doesn't have/ can't do:
    File Manager, Hub, keyboard, multiple email attachments and battery life. (Can't say Z30 has bigger screen now, can I? )

Zoom Zoom Z30
    09-23-14 09:22 PM
    5 things I love about the Z30 which iPhone doesn't have/ can't do:
    File Manager, Hub, keyboard, multiple email attachments and battery life. (Can't say Z30 has bigger screen now, can I? )

Zoom Zoom Z30
    Bigger than most except the 6 plus.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-23-14 09:29 PM
    God! Since when was crackberry that fair and mature!!!

A couple of years ago comments would've been! Great choice BlackBerry rocks, iPhone is ugly etc...

LOoooOoooOoooOoooOoooOooooooooOL this forum is becoming uber polite!
    Sorry about that! How's this:

Yo BB 4 Life! #BBorDie!
    iToy is 4 pics of ur cat or cupcakes. Toolz not toyz!
    TroLLoLoLoL!

(Wow. That hurt my brain.)
    lift, Nharzhool and CrackberryQ like this.
    09-23-14 09:41 PM
36 12