I just got a brand new in the box Z30 STA 100-5. I plugged in in to charge it and connect it to my wi-fi. Next, I got it to download the newest update. After the download, I've got the message saying it now needed to restart and to basically leave it be until it did. Since then, over 40 minutes ago, the screen is dark and a yellow slow flashing light is going on. The message said it did take longer than usual for it to re-start but 40 minutes? Should I worry or just let it finish it's business? If not, what would you recommend? Don't mind waiting more since I've just got the Z30 and want to let it charge fully. Is this normal to wait this long?
    02-27-14 06:44 PM
    It flashes yellow when it's off and charging. Apparently instead of rebooting it just turned itself off. I wouldn't worry about it... just push the power button and start it up... or leave it to finish charging while off... it's up to you.

Posted via CB10... Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2141
    02-27-14 06:49 PM
    Yellow flashing means dead battery. I would reload os with link if u have it plugged in already. I had that today and after using link to factory reset the device 4 times it finally worked.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:49 PM
    Yellow flashing means dead battery. I would reload os with link if u have it plugged in already. I had that today and after using link to factory reset the device 4 times it finally worked.

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm... yellow flashing also means it's off and charging. It also flashes yellow when it's on and bellow 10% battery.... no need to reload the OS if there isn't a problem.

02-27-14 06:55 PM
    Well, like I said before, phone is brand new right off the box. I plugged into the charger to get the battery charging then I established (while still charging the battery) a connection to my wi-fi and then the new OS notification came up so I started to download that. When it finished it said it would take longer than usual to re-start and to keep the device connected to a power source. So I guess it won't complete the re-start before the battery is fully charged even though is connected to a power source? Seems to me a bit of an over kill to wait until the battery is fully charged before it re starts, especially since it is still connected to a power source. But, what do I know, that's why I wanted to run this question here before people who have had gone thru this process before.
    02-27-14 06:57 PM
    Ummmm... yellow flashing also means it's off and charging. It also flashes yellow when it's on and bellow 10% battery.... no need to reload the OS if there isn't a problem.

Thank you. Still got my Q10 on so there's no need to rush things with the Z30. Think I'm just gonna let things run their course. I'm a little leery about connecting the new device to link yet, don't want anything from the Q10 to cross over yet until the updated OS makes it to the Z30(?).
    02-27-14 07:06 PM
    Mine took a very long time to restart after the latest update

I would let your phone run it's course

Mine took forever and I thought there was something wrong. Buy it finally woke up after about 20 +++ minutes

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 07:07 PM
    *UPDATE* slow flashing yellow light gave way to solid green light on but still no re start. I tried swiping up to wake the phone but screen is still dark. Hope this is till normal. Another question I want to piggy back on the thread; using link's feature "switch devices" would that transfer my Android apps currently on the Q10 to the Z30 or would I need to that separately? What about my already OS 10 paid apps? Would they need to be re bought? And thanks everybody for their helpful replies!
    02-27-14 07:16 PM
    I don't think android apps can be restored or even transferred using switch device. As for native apps from bbworld, if you are using the same bbid on the z30 all your apps will be available to download from bbworld. You won't be able to use the same bbid on your Q10 anymore though.

Via CB Rockin Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141 /2142 Radio
    gcopter likes this.
    02-27-14 07:24 PM
    Oh and just press the power button. It's ready to go now

gcopter likes this.
    02-27-14 07:24 PM
    I don't think android apps can be restored or even transferred using switch device. As for native apps from bbworld, if you are using the same bbid on the z30 all your apps will be available to download from bbworld. You won't be able to use the same bbid on your Q10 anymore though.

Drats! My Q10 device id has a Q10 reference in it, I wanted to call my Z30 something else...
    02-27-14 07:33 PM
    *UPDATE* slow flashing yellow light gave way to solid green light on but still no re start. I tried swiping up to wake the phone but screen is still dark. Hope this is till normal. Another question I want to piggy back on the thread; using link's feature "switch devices" would that transfer my Android apps currently on the Q10 to the Z30 or would I need to that separately? What about my already OS 10 paid apps? Would they need to be re bought? And thanks everybody for their helpful replies!
    Have you tried to turn it on? It has happened to me with my sister's Z10 in one of the updates, when rebooting it just turned off, I turned on and started without issue, just press the power button to turn it on.

All the apps you bought on your Q10 and are compatible with the Z30 will be available for download, some are not compatible (some EA games are not available for Z30). This if you use the same BB ID.

About the android apps don't know (and I guess the won't) if they will be ported when you transfer device.
    02-27-14 08:15 PM
    Yes I did. However, I tried naming my Z30 something other than my previous device name and the transfer failed. So, I'm putting stock in what Pdinos3 said and am now attempting again but this time using the old device name to name the Z30 in order to keep my paid apps.
    02-27-14 08:30 PM
    *UPDATE* slow flashing yellow light gave way to solid green light on but still no re start. I tried swiping up to wake the phone but screen is still dark. Hope this is till normal.
    Your phone is off. You need to press the power button to turn it on. Solid green LED means the battery is fully charged AND the phone is OFF.
    02-27-14 08:47 PM