I went out and paid full price for a Note 3. It now sits on my shelf gathering dust, whilst I creep embarrassingly back to my Z10. Personally I found storing contacts in android to be extremely painful. And I never get confident with androids emailing system, always had to double check if it went through. And I think there's no comparison to BB10's peek and flow.

from an australian Z10...
    Funny, my wife is having the same problem with hers.
    04-20-14 09:11 AM
    Well I do. And it hasn't been pretty. So that's why I said what I said. If you search the internet you'll find lots of funny videos including samsung threatening users to take down videos describing defects in their devices. I'm a very unhappy samsung customer. I would never recommend them to anyone. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I'm no Sammy fan either. Been burnt a few times.
    04-20-14 09:30 AM
    I know several people who own Galaxy S phones and haven't heard any complaints. They're quite popular. I don't have any real experience personally as I'm not an Android guy
    My teenage son has an S3 and will change to an S5 soon. His 3 has gone slow and given him a few headaches with intermittent problems... yet he's happy to stay with both S and Galaxy! I think, at the end of the day, this is ultimately traceable back to marketing. Until BlackBerry start to do some, they're never going to win over the people who are instrumental in creating the 'sheep' factor (which is what creates successful phone sales).

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1
    04-20-14 09:43 AM
    I'm sure almost everyone is considering buying a GSV over the Z30

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    That's where you could be wrong. If someone were to be able to properly demonstrate a blackberry next to the samsung, I'm thinking there would be a mixed bag.
    04-20-14 09:57 AM
    Should be Z30 vs S3
    Well then it's not even a contest. My S3's battery wouldn't even survive the comparison. And if you say "swap it out," the next one will just as bad because the EAS bug will kill it. Slowed down too.
    04-20-14 10:04 AM
    I'm sorry but to say the more powerful CPU is irrelevant is a little errorneous, it allows it to run more CPU and graphics heavy apps, also considering that Samsung has some of the best multitasking with split screen on phone yet also has something to do with CPU power. This is quite frankly a really immature thread and one of the many reasons BB is failing so badly..... The rivals are making phones BB can't even concept... And they are selling like nothing BB has ever put out..... Let's keep our head under the sand why don't we. I've not used a Z30 and it may be a brilliant device but its core functionailities from what I've heard don't make it very attractive to the masses and last time I checked a really good phone that doesn't sell means nothing to a company that relies on revenue.
    Akuji_ism and WorkStation 0 like this.
    04-20-14 10:46 AM
    zzz...ZZZ...zzz...Down with the S5!

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    04-20-14 11:16 AM
    Who is really considering purchasing the galaxy s5 over the Z30?? ..because I can tell you there isn't anything special there's a lot of gimmick features on this phone,and the android Os is not at par with QNX Which is BLACKBERRY...also the quad cores,and octocores who cares that's irrelevant....the Z30 is a very capable smartphone bigtime

Posted via CB10
    Have you used the S5 to make such claims? It seems to me that your claims are as baseless as those who say the same things about the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 11:17 AM
    Well I do. And it hasn't been pretty. So that's why I said what I said. If you search the internet you'll find lots of funny videos including samsung threatening users to take down videos describing defects in their devices. I'm a very unhappy samsung customer. I would never recommend them to anyone. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    You're good for spreading FUD, I give you that.

Bravo.
    04-20-14 11:49 AM
    Unfortunately, it works well enough for people to live in denial of their purchase-regret.
    The irony is just too strong in this statement.
    21stNow, Drew808 and WorkStation 0 like this.
    04-20-14 11:55 AM
    Blackberry is far superior to Samsung GS5 or any other phone.

1. Blackberry keyboard - better than swipe or any of the other 100 options available

2. Blackberry = security. Not the NSA not the CIA Not even AAA can hack it

3. Blackberry camera >>>>>>GSV

4. Blackberry display >>>>>GSV

5. Blackberry waaaay faster

6. Blackberry has MORE apps (BB World + GOOGLE store)

7. Blackberry has true multi-tasking unlike Samsung which only offers a split screen and stylus support

8. Have any of you seen the HUB? Android has nothing like it.

9. Blackberry has been conclusively proven to be THE phone for PROSUMERS

10. Blackberry is not a TOY it's a TOOL

11. Blackberry is for professionals who want to edit documents and make presentations on the go. Now can you edit documents on the iPhone or Samsung?
    This list is sad. I was going to put a response next to each one but when I got to #10, I realized that it wasn't rational enough to warrant individual responses.
    Sergiu1337, Raddin, Rello and 7 others like this.
    04-20-14 11:55 AM
    S5 is quick but testing the menu structure is insane long like on windows. the phone is quick but still multitasking on z30 is quicker. Using BB10 is Better with the hub, keyboard and easy gesture and swipe. Apps is still an issue but you can install Snap to get android apps like netflix.

I liked z30 better and going back to android would for me a step back. I was an android user for more than 5 years and been a BB10 user since a year started with the z10 but with z30 I'm still my own king to get the best out of my smartphone.

BB10 is the best phone for social media and emailing and get your stuff organised and reception is also very good. So what are you using you phone for mostly, yes above stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Multi-Window and a Dedicated Task Switcher button... What are you talking about?

BB10 is not the best platform for Social Media, not even close.
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 04-20-14 at 12:11 PM.
    04-20-14 11:57 AM
    This list is sad. I was going to put a response next to each one but when I got to #10, I realized that it wasn't rational enough to warrant individual responses.
    Lol. I was doing the same thing, and deleted my post in progress when I got there.

Screen Better, Camera better, better Office Apps...

I cannot... ...
    04-20-14 12:11 PM
    I enjoy this thread a LOT.

Cracks me up.
    acovey likes this.
    04-20-14 12:12 PM
    You're good for spreading FUD, I give you that.

Bravo.
    Samsung has not sold me quality products. You'll just have to learn to live with that.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 12:14 PM
    Samsung has not sold me quality products. You'll just have to learn to live with that.

Posted via CB10
    You're good for spreading FUD, I'll give you that.

Bravo.
    04-20-14 12:15 PM
    You can also purchase the Z30 unlocked from blackberry. It will work on AT&T

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 12:17 PM
    While I have no issue posters saying the user experience of Z30 is superior, I find it hard to swallow that hardware specs wise Samsung has yet to catch up to BlackBerry. Perhaps the S6 will be a comparable foe.

Chen, however, has an Ace up his sleeve. He will launch a Flagship device next year that comes with a pair of "B&L" sunglasses. You put them on and the phones specs shoot sky high and makes other phones look inferior. You need to keep them on however cause if you take them off it's just the plain old Z30.
    04-20-14 12:23 PM
    You're good for spreading FUD, I'll give you that.

Bravo.
    Quick, someone contact samsung. One of their spam bots is looping.

Posted via CB10
    raino and keepthetorch like this.
    04-20-14 12:29 PM
    The Z30 is a nice phone, but OP sounds a bit fanboy esq, because if the Samsung carried a Blackberry logo, suddenly the specs and gimmicks would be most welcome .

Posted via CB10
    I agree, but this is a BlackBerry fan site. lol

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    04-20-14 12:31 PM

That's a good point. And one missed by some who frequent these forums.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 12:33 PM
    I think from a spec standpoint the S5 obviously wins. But from an OS and user experience stand point it would just come down to if you prefer android touch wiz or BlackBerry 10. I prefer BlackBerry 10 so I'd take the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 12:35 PM

THANK YOU!! Whew for a minute there I thought I slipped up and was on AC. Or a galaxy far, far away...
    04-20-14 12:38 PM
    I think/hope that was just a joking post and the poster is pretending to be a delusional fanboy for laughs.

If that list is serious,
    04-20-14 12:43 PM
    I was hoping you'd understand the tone after #2. AAA? American Automobile Association???
    My mind went somewhere else with the AAA comment! Thanks for a good laugh.
    04-20-14 12:47 PM
146 12345 ...