I got a few question about the blackberry z30 how do i upgrade the software and how would i reset the phone if i need to reinstall it can you do that

What type of sim cards does it take and how good is the unlocked blackberry z30?
    12-05-14 11:22 PM
    One question I can answer is that it takes a micro sim card.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:49 PM
    To upgrade, run an autoloader on your pc while the device is plugged into it. Can you reboot it? Not sure what you mean, but yeah, obviously you can reboot it. Is it good? Yeah its great. Loving mine. And yeah, micro-sim.

*edit: If by reset you mean put it back to the old operating system version, that's super easy. There's actually an option for it on Blackberrys desktop software Link.
    12-06-14 12:04 AM
    I got a few question about the blackberry z30 how do i upgrade the software and how would i reset the phone if i need to reinstall it can you do that

What type of sim cards does it take and how good is the unlocked blackberry z30?
    Hi Syntax ghost,
    Depending on what software level you are asking about, the easiest way to get the official release is to open up Settings > Software Updates > check for updates
    This will update OTA (over the air)

To reset, meaning to clean out the phone completely and erase back to factory settings; Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe this will delete everything

How good is the Z30... that's independent thoughts. I love my Z30, the OS is amazingly smooth, the battery life lasts all day with moderate and heavy use, the typing experience is so much better than my Android (Galaxy Note 2). The display is great and there is no better phone that offers security than BlackBerry!

Post via my BlackBerry Z30!
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    12-06-14 12:54 AM
    To upgrade, run an autoloader on your pc while the device is plugged into it. Can you reboot it? Not sure what you mean, but yeah, obviously you can reboot it. Is it good? Yeah its great. Loving mine. And yeah, micro-sim.

*edit: If by reset you mean put it back to the old operating system version, that's super easy. There's actually an option for it on Blackberrys desktop software Link.
    What option is that??

BlackBerry Z30 White
    12-06-14 04:55 AM
    Wow blackberry had change the last time i was use it.I was asking the question because i was thinking going to a blackberry z30 unlocked
    12-06-14 05:22 AM
    Well there are different versions of the Z30.
    There's the Z30 STA100-1 to -6.
    Each one has a different radio or bit of a feature difference, like the -3 has QI charging available.

My unlocked Z30 is the STA100-5 and loving it on the CDN 4GLTE network

Your question about software update is ambiguous, if you want the official software release, just go to the phone and update OTA, no computer is necessary to upgrade to the latest OS... but if you want to upgrade to a leaked version, then you need a computer and run the autoloader to get 10.3

Post via my BlackBerry Z30!
    12-06-14 10:25 AM
    Since you are new to Blackberry again I would stay away from the autoloaders, eliminate mistakes. Plus the official update is almost here, so why fool around. People here should not point new users of BB10 to autoloaders.

You will want the -5 version selling at ShopBB for the USA and possible LTE. Greenbay has LTE and that maybe be the only area in WI.
    You should list your location in your profile. But since you are in WI and if you are on ATT you would get the update connected to WIFI when BB decides to make it available. I am on att and just got a software update from BB a couple weeks ago. When the big 10.3.1 comes it will be available from Blackberry. We dont have to reley on att. Just get a factory unlocked phone. When 10.3.1 gets here in the next few weeks I cant see myself looking for updates anymore. The Z30 is already great and this new update brings more than I can implement. Cheers.
    12-06-14 10:51 AM