Are BlackBerry phones like z30 etc still considered a status symbol...what are the various responses you got from people who saw your phone.

Lemme start with myself... BlackBerry in india is still a status symbol...goods made for the upper echelons. Even more so than the iPhones so whenever I whip out a blackberry I get glances of admiration...BlackBerry here means... this man is a busy person...he is rich and almost certainly successful in life.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 04:09 AM
    Lol, that must be a different world. BlackBerry is NOT any sort of status symbol here in Canada. Some business people like bankers and traders will carry two phones one BlackBerry that is company issued and are forced to carry and their regular phone.

Usually the response goes something like "didn't BlackBerry go out of business? "

For most people running a small business BlackBerry is not an option. I use Facebook a lot for my business as well as Pinterest and instagram plus various accounting tools that BlackBerry can't offer. They app gap is what did it in for me with BlackBerry. Missing out on way too many tools. Had to leave the platform.
    And BlackBerry androids are completely over priced for what you get. Impossible to justify it.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    08-26-16 06:41 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 07:09 AM
    Goodness me OP, you certainly do live in another world. Everywhere else you hide it so you don't get laughed at.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-26-16 09:57 AM
    Lolz, here in the USA nobody even knows what they are anymore.

I don't hide my Z30; I am 100% happy using it and hope it serves me well for many more years. Couldn't give a damn less what anyone else thinks about it.

Richard
    jas1978 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    08-26-16 10:35 AM
    Live in Canada and everyone that sees my Q10 always ask how old I'd that phone and didn't blackberry go out of business. They never laugh at mer only because I speak so highly of it. But the few selection of apps definitely does it in for some but not for me. To me it stands for a well rounded person someone that knows what a good phone consist of. I like how I can actually get 2-3 years out of a device and when I get a new one it still runs like the day that I got it.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry and cyberkid_aw like this.
    08-26-16 06:14 PM
    I don't hide my Z30, and nobody laughs at my phone, even when they look at it.

Biasa aja deh lu.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-26-16 06:56 PM
    It depends on which BlackBerry.

People seem to like my Q10 and think it is an expensive phone.

Are blackberry z30 and other blackberries still considered a status symbol-img_20160804_210254.jpg

Posted via CB10
    rt2567 and vincentkong like this.
    08-26-16 10:51 PM
    I don't think a device can show what sort of person you are?

That said, I'm loving Windows 10

Sent from mTalk on Windows Phone 10
    08-26-16 11:06 PM
    People love my Classic for Work and Z30 for Home. I proud of my BB's
    08-27-16 04:04 AM
    In which part of India is BlackBerry a status symbol? I'm in Mumbai and all I get is "you're using a BlackBerry!? Hmm... interesting".
    08-27-16 06:54 AM
    Using a phone to gauge status symbol? Seriously?

*C5303
    08-27-16 07:48 AM
    Using a phone to gauge status symbol? Seriously?

*C5303
    This is the state of Crackberry in 2016. Lovely, isn't it.
    08-27-16 07:50 AM
    This is the state of Crackberry in 2016. Lovely, isn't it.
    This is not the state of CB. This is our culture today. People are judged on their cellular device choices all the time, especially so when it comes to BlackBerry. I'm in Ottawa Canada and I see BB10 devices all day long because of the number military and government agencies within this city. But everyone of those people have a secondary device like an iPhone or Android.

Shoot....I get it all the time. "You're still using a Blackberry?!" Then I say ya but this is BlackBerry's new Android device and the response is....."it's still a Blackberry" as if to say that my Priv is inferior to their Samsung S6 or Nexus 6p or iPhone 6s. The responses on some cases can only be described as arrogant!

So OP I'd love to live in your Blackberry world but sadly, the perception globally is that BlackBerry devices are inherently inferior and having one makes you a relic.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    08-27-16 02:27 PM
    Ya I will have to echo the other posters lolll

It's not a status symbol anymore but a symbol that you are out of date with technology. At least that's the responses that I get.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    08-27-16 05:10 PM
    When I got my BlackBerry z30 all my friends were like "**** that's a ******* blackberry.... how much did it cost you?"

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 08:41 PM
    When I got my BlackBerry z30 all my friends were like "**** that's a ******* blackberry.... how much did it cost you?"

Posted via CB10
    IMHO, unless they're paying for the phone, don't listen to your friends. Listen to what you need.
    I bought a 9900 and I don't care if it's been dead for 5 years. I know how to work it, I need it for my purpose and I know it'll work wonderfully. That's enough for me.
    rubyslipperss likes this.
    08-27-16 09:34 PM
    BlackBerry in india is still a status symbol...goods made for the upper echelons. Even more so than the iPhones so whenever I whip out a blackberry I get glances of admiration...BlackBerry here means... this man is a busy person...he is rich and almost certainly successful in life.

Posted via CB10
    How long will it stay that way?
    08-27-16 09:47 PM
    BlackBerry is very much a status symbol here in the USA, depending on your perspective. Especially a BB10 or even moreso a BBOS device.

It says, "I use what works for me and don't care about following the trend."

(depending on the BBOS device it may also say, "I'm broke")

Richard
    08-27-16 10:02 PM
    I live in Korea, and BlackBerrys are considered a fashion item..

And it runs... wait for it!... Google!
    08-27-16 10:22 PM
    How long will it stay that way?
    .as long as the rich continue to need secure communications devices

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 11:39 PM
    .as long as the rich continue to need secure communications devices

Posted via CB10
    then they will buy blackberry a.k.a android
    08-29-16 06:54 AM
    For a modern day status symbol no gadget / appliance / vehicle will suffice. Nowadays you basically have to build a large public park or hospital wing to be a somebody, or do a lot of work for the environment or a charitable foundation otherwise your just another schmuck who bought himself a consumer product.

Count me amongst the schmucks!
    09-05-16 12:45 PM
    For a modern day status symbol no gadget / appliance / vehicle will suffice. Nowadays you basically have to build a large public park or hospital wing to be a somebody, or do a lot of work for the environment or a charitable foundation otherwise your just another schmuck who bought himself a consumer product.

Count me amongst the schmucks!
    I disagree.

With the current economy situation, less young people nowadays can afford a car, let alone a house. Therefore, the personal electronics have become a new status symbol with the newer generation.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 02:16 PM
    Everybody asks me why I don't use an IPhone. That's the status symbol. It shows I'm different. Most people assume I'm still using the BB6 or something and don't realize how awesome BlackBerry 10 is. If you like the efficiency of BB10, just buy the device. Nobody really cares what you own.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 12:52 AM
34 12