Very nice work OP. Been in the electronic's industry most of my life and very much appreciate this type of information. Thank you!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    12-18-13 09:11 AM
    Where did you order the screen from?
    I have not done a screen change, since it did not have any fault. The problem was the original assembly of the phone, which did not allow the display correctly made ​​contact with the motherboard. This motherboard, unlike what we usually see, is not bolted to the back cover of the phone, but works as "floating". Has spring contactors in fontal side touching the screen when fit, and back side of the mother for connecting the antennas and speakers. When the screw press, everything should work perfectly, in my case it did not work properly. Any slight detail in the assembly could cause a system failure. I guess Blackberry did not find another solution for such a slim device with an extreme battery.
    12-18-13 09:24 AM
    Very nice work OP. Been in the electronic's industry most of my life and very much appreciate this type of information. Thank you!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    You're welcome! The spirit in a forum is to share this information. If that was not the purpose, I think it lacks any sense.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-18-13 09:27 AM
    Thanks for this, really fascinating. It's amazingly constructed.
    So I consider it too. Amazing device!
    12-18-13 09:29 AM
    Oh, is that all??

Easy for you, deeeeeefficult for me! (a twisted Se�or Wences reference)

OP, you are a very brave (and obviously intelligent) man.
    Haha! Well, luckily everyone has different skills. Here we say: Do what you can, and when you not, just shopping !!!
    12-18-13 09:37 AM
    To the OP do you think it is possible to remove the verizon logo from the screen after removing it. Or is there one it can be swapped out for without the logo. It appears it's under the glass
    12-18-13 09:51 AM
    Very interesting!! Thanks OP.
    12-18-13 09:59 AM
    In the unlikely event of someone having the same problem I had with one of my Blackberry Z30 , which unexpectedly became very hot and the touch panel stopped responding , I checked in one of the photos , the problematic connectors. They are elastic connectors that obviously they made poor contact on the main microphone that is mounted on the screen. This caused sometimes the screen does not respond every time I was receiving a call. To fix , from behind the motherboard, i adhered a piece of double sided tape so that the mother did stay doing better pressure and connectors make contact properly over the display. Surely it is only a problem mounting or assembly factory , and hardly happen to any other user. Anyway , I took some photos that exhibit inside the device . I own also two other Z30 and none of them had this problem . Still seems to me, the best device today, after going through the Sony Z Ultra; Note 3; iPhone 5S (which does not have Gmail push mail available , among other sad details ...), and others phones. .
    Photos :

Motherboard details

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/808/bsnd.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4615/etfl.jpg

The "Conflicting" Connectors

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7548/kdk9.jpg

The Battery (Easily replaceable, only takes 15 minutes !!)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8869/y5oq.jpg

Downside of motherbard

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6112/3c3i.jpg

And Then....it�s come back to life !

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2816/2usw.jpg
    We're you able to determine whether the bezel is a metal or a plastic material? I would have try to scratch it on the inside to see lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:04 AM
    OP only has 13 posts under his belt and he's already surpassed 99.999% of the CB population (myself included!) in terms of being helpful and contributing to a productive conversation! Very happy you joined our bi-polar community and looking forward to reading more of your great contributions! BTW, where are you based out of (hopefully Toronto!)? Always good to know a reputable repair guy!
    12-18-13 11:33 AM
    Thanks a lot for sharing

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:31 PM
    I think he said earlier he was from Latin America
    12-18-13 01:01 PM
    We're you able to determine whether the bezel is a metal or a plastic material? I would have try to scratch it on the inside to see lol.

I'm pretty sure that the bezel is constructed of plastic. In fact , contrary to what I thought at first instance, or as with the Z10 , which disarms from the back of the phone , with the Z30 you have to separate the screen as shown by the photos below to open it . That is, the bezel is part of all plastic rear . If you remove the battery cover , and observe attentively , you will see that the bezel is only one part painted gray , but belonging to the same body.
    After removing the 10 screws back , you have to insert a plastic tool between the bezel and the screen to release it. Start from the top of the phone , it should not require any effort . Remember that under the screen is the flexible connector attached to it , do not pull up suddenly , just release it from the shackles that have the screen at the bottom , and then you disconnect the display of the motherboard.
    Then , to access the battery, disconnect the 6-connector of the camera , sensors, microphones and battery side with a plastic tool and very gently pulling up on them.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 01:15 PM
    OP only has 13 posts under his belt and he's already surpassed 99.999% of the CB population (myself included!) in terms of being helpful and contributing to a productive conversation! Very happy you joined our bi-polar community and looking forward to reading more of your great contributions! BTW, where are you based out of (hopefully Toronto!)? Always good to know a reputable repair guy!
    Thank you so much ! Maybe I possess few post because when I needed information, simply found it in this forum. And I'm very thankful for it ! Now it's my turn to provide information to those who need it, so I posted this.
    Ben1232 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    12-18-13 01:27 PM
    To the OP do you think it is possible to remove the verizon logo from the screen after removing it. Or is there one it can be swapped out for without the logo. It appears it's under the glass
    honestly do not believe it possible. At least the Blackberry logo is embedded between the digitizer and display. I looked closely at the display when i remove it, and I could see that is complex enough to attempt a disarm. At least it is for my skills. I imagine, however, Verizon put the logo on the surface, but I can not know for sure, because my phone does not have other logos except the original.
    12-18-13 01:42 PM
    Anyway, I would like to clarify however, that when I titled this post, I did not realize I had typed wrong and wrote Dissasembled, instead of writing Disassembled. Here where I live, we use Spanish as the language, and it takes time to translate into English, so that it is understood as exactly as possible. I apologize for the spelling errors.
    12-18-13 01:55 PM
    You only need to remove the 10 screws T4, release 6 connectors (sensors, cameras, microphones, battery and screen), and the motherboard does not have any screw, just be released. Under the motherboard is the battery, which has a bit of glue to hold it in place, it is not difficult achieve. I made that comment in the title of this picture to relax users. It is a replacement that should only take 20 minutes to an experienced user.
    Sorry OP what do you mean by 'releasing' the connectors?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:19 PM
    OP-Dude! You rock! Awesome. Impressive. Love the spirit.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    12-18-13 04:56 PM
    Sorry OP what do you mean by 'releasing' the connectors?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I mean release pulling them upward to disconnect the motherboard. The underside of all, it is reported in the second photo, the first to disconnect, and which belongs to the battery. I apologize if the translation is not 100% clear.

See this photos:

Please do not do any of this if you are not familiar with these practices.

PD: By the way, for those who asked, in the first picture, in the upper left end, the seemingly metal bezel is part of the same case, just painted silver plastic.
    Once disconnected 6 (obviously including the display), you can gently remove the motherboard, since as seen in the photos, does not have any additional screw to hold it in place. Gently release it. Patience and care are vital. Below, you can see the battery for replacement.
    Last edited by chelojavier; 12-18-13 at 05:24 PM.
    sayf777 likes this.
    12-18-13 05:12 PM
    Anyway, I would like to clarify however, that when I titled this post, I did not realize I had typed wrong and wrote Dissasembled, instead of writing Disassembled. Here where I live, we use Spanish as the language, and it takes time to translate into English, so that it is understood as exactly as possible. I apologize for the spelling errors.
    Just in case I need some help with my Z30, where are you in South America?
    12-18-13 06:05 PM
    Cool photos. I'm going to have to check this out on a bigger screen
    12-19-13 03:44 AM
    thankyou for this information
    12-19-13 05:27 AM
    Well done OP! Way above my head but most interesting.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-19-13 06:29 AM
    Wow I wonder if it's possible to replace the USB port on the Z10 to support OTG?!?

Fired from my Z10
    12-19-13 10:14 AM
    That's a a STA100-2 up there, wonder if the Verizon model looks any different underneath.

Posted via CB10
    I would think the VZW model would have at least the charging coils that are fit in there somewhere that would be different. Probably the only difference but then again I don't know sh*t so I could be very wrong ;-)

Single finger flickin fun from the best Damn virtual keyboard in existence...the BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    12-19-13 10:23 AM
    Why do people always say " it goes without saying...." just before they say what apparently was already globally known?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:30 AM
113 1234 ...