In the unlikely event of someone having the same problem I had with one of my Blackberry Z30 , which unexpectedly became very hot and the touch panel stopped responding , I checked in one of the photos , the problematic connectors. They are elastic connectors that obviously they made poor contact on the main microphone that is mounted on the screen. This caused sometimes the screen does not respond every time I was receiving a call. To fix , from behind the motherboard, i adhered a piece of double sided tape so that the mother did stay doing better pressure and connectors make contact properly over the display. Surely it is only a problem mounting or assembly factory , and hardly happen to any other user. Anyway , I took some photos that exhibit inside the device . I own also two other Z30 and none of them had this problem . Still seems to me, the best device today, after going through the Sony Z Ultra; Note 3; iPhone 5S (which does not have Gmail push mail available , among other sad details ...), and others phones. .
    Photos :

Motherboard details

The "Conflicting" Connectors

The Battery (Easily replaceable, only takes 15 minutes !!)

Downside of motherbard

And Then....it�s come back to life !

12-17-13 09:27 PM
    Thanks for the photos
    It goes without saying that this voids your warranty everyone, don't try this unless you know what you're doing and will take full responsibility of bricking your BlackBerry.
    00stryder and kbz1960 like this.
    12-17-13 09:30 PM
    Thanks for the photos!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 09:36 PM
    Crazy to think you even attempted it, but if it works I guess you knew what you were doing. I'd be lost opening the back of my phone.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-17-13 10:16 PM
    Obviously , those who do not have any knowledge of electronics, I do not recommend you try any of this . I sell cell phones since 2000 , I change my devices every month , as I get new models, and usually also repair phones when a user requires. Actually there is not much mystery , components today are designed to be assembled easily and quickly , because that cheapens the hand of production and time -consuming than that , achieving lower costs of the item. Consider that very complex carrying phones like the iPhone, are assembled in part by children due to the size of their hands. Thus , as assembled easily , also they can be disassembled in the same way . Beyond that , the important thing is not to get to disassemble a phone, but know where to find the fault and repair it. That requires other skills that go beyond knowing how to handle a screwdriver. I live in South America , the phone was bought on -line from the U.S.. Send , expect repair and return , it would have represented at least a month and a half of waiting and no certainty that they will find the fault, because it was a sporadic failure
    Mecca EL, Patman1200 and nick13b like this.
    12-17-13 10:55 PM
    Hi can you point out the NFC area and Paratek antenna?

Also your formatting is messed up since you used html formatting. You need to use IMG formatting.

Thanks for the pics!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 11:56 PM
    OP you're a brave man, I would be too scared to even touch my phone but obviously you know what you are doing.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-18-13 12:01 AM
    This line made me smile the most:

The Battery (Easily replaceable, only takes 15 minutes !!)
    That was one of my only reservations buying my Z30 but since I know that as the device ages, a replacement is not only possible, but relatively easy, as well.

Thanks for that tidbit!
    yvpan1, JORENO and Ben1232 like this.
    12-18-13 12:40 AM
    The battery change observation has also brightened my day, in a technical sense how is the battery attached? Soldered or something else? How much space do you have to work with when doing a battery change?

Many thanks

Liam
    12-18-13 03:10 AM
    Thank you for the photos

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-18-13 03:23 AM
    Cool to see them internals.... thanks...
    12-18-13 03:32 AM
    Crazy to think you even attempted it, but if it works I guess you knew what you were doing. I'd be lost opening the back of my phone.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    !

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:23 AM
    Thanks for the photos
    It goes without saying that this voids your warranty everyone, don't try this unless you know what you're doing and will take full responsibility of bricking your BlackBerry.
    Well you only get a 90 day warranty if you ever have to send the device to blackberry so might as well fix it yourself xD

Thanks for doing this! I know many people wanted to see inside this phone and finally someone with the know how has done it. Thanks again!
    12-18-13 07:25 AM
    You only need to remove the 10 screws T4, release 6 connectors (sensors, cameras, microphones, battery and screen), and the motherboard does not have any screw, just be released. Under the motherboard is the battery, which has a bit of glue to hold it in place, it is not difficult achieve. I made that comment in the title of this picture to relax users. It is a replacement that should only take 20 minutes to an experienced user.
    12-18-13 07:27 AM
    The battery change observation has also brightened my day, in a technical sense how is the battery attached? Soldered or something else? How much space do you have to work with when doing a battery change?

Many thanks

There is enough space to work super comfortable. The battery carries a connector, which is released from the mother by simply pulling up. Indeed, it is the first connector you must release before any manipulation on the motherboard, to prevent electrical shorts. I actually do not know if the original battery can be achieved these days. I think that's the biggest challenge.

Liam
    12-18-13 07:36 AM
    Awesome post! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely reference the extremely informative pics when I need to replace my Z30's battery three years from now -- because you know, everyone keeps telling me that BB is going to be out of business so I guess that means my Z30 will be my last BB!
    Mugenski likes this.
    12-18-13 07:36 AM
    You only need to remove the 10 screws T4, release 6 connectors (sensors, cameras, microphones, battery and screen), and the motherboard does not have any screw, just be released. Under the motherboard is the battery, which has a bit of glue to hold it in place, it is not difficult achieve. I made that comment in the title of this picture to relax users. It is a replacement that should only take 20 minutes to an experienced user.
    Oh, is that all??

Easy for you, deeeeeefficult for me! (a twisted Se�or Wences reference)

OP, you are a very brave (and obviously intelligent) man.
    12-18-13 07:43 AM
    Perhaps when you have time OP you could do a video tutorial of replacing the battery

What do you mean by releasing the 6 connectors, how is it done?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:55 AM
    This could come in handy, need to replace my other z30's screen. Thank you
    12-18-13 07:55 AM
    That's a a STA100-2 up there, wonder if the Verizon model looks any different underneath.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:02 AM
    OP you're a brave man, I would be too scared to even touch my phone but obviously you know what you are doing.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I'm not brave, I just made it earlier with other devices. By the way, one day, I sent my BB 9900 to an Amazon seller for repair through warranty, and returned two and a half months later with the same fault. In this case with my Z30, it was a failure was happening sporadically once a day, and sometimes none ... I had many doubts about the commitment of technical and patience to find the problem. I do not regret having voided the warranty because for those who do not live in the U.S. or Canada, the chances of being able to use the official warranty on this items purchased thousands of miles, it is really remote and uncomfortable. Sometimes it is better and wiser to get a local technician, pay it, instead of waiting two months the phone without the chance of being able to tell the technician what is the problem with the device. Luckily, it's really rare acquired an item of this price and comes with a failure, at least in my experience. As mentioned, I sell phones online, and really and fortunately, there are very few occasions when some faulty equipment arrives. The latest phones with hardware problems were the Sony Z Ultra, presenting the problem of the screen did not respond to the unlock button, a problem detected by the motion sensor of the first units to hit the market. Fortunately Sony solved this serious problem in subsequent units.
    12-18-13 08:12 AM
    This could come in handy, need to replace my other z30's screen. Thank you
    The screen comes with the digitizer and the main microphone integrated. It takes minutes to replace it, only the time it takes to remove the 10 torx screws. When you do, remember not to pull up the screen to remove it, because underneath it is a flexible connector that joins the mother. At the same time, you'll see that the screen has three plastic locks that fit into the front bezel below the screen, as you see here:

Mark LeGear likes this.
    12-18-13 08:27 AM
    Thanks for this, really fascinating. It's amazingly constructed.
    12-18-13 08:32 AM
    Where did you order the screen from?
    12-18-13 08:43 AM
    Awesome post! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely reference the extremely informative pics when I need to replace my Z30's battery three years from now -- because you know, everyone keeps telling me that BB is going to be out of business so I guess that means my Z30 will be my last BB!
    Honestly I do not think that happens. Nokia fell from grace, and continues to release new phones allies to hell (haha !). Motorola also sold... Blackberry is still one of the few manufacturers in the mobile market, along with Apple, committed to their devices and their OWN operating system, instead of selling his spirit. I celebrate that, and really be an unfortunate mistake if they abandon that strategy. Samsung left BADA in the first attempt, and now, only manufactures hardware. The same LG, Nokia, Motorola and countless brands that are attached only to the fashion Android...
    I use Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry. I believe that each handles a different ecosystem not exempt improvable things in each. I do not consider Android or iOS are above what B10 offers. Even the most powerful Android devices, whom I know well, have their problems. I acknowledge the absence of certain applications and games on B10, as well see the stupidity of other devices to manage all social notifications, which works wonderfully in B10.
    12-18-13 09:03 AM
113 123 ...