Really strange problem here and I was wondering if someone might be able to troubleshoot this for me. I've been searching crackberry and doing regular Google searches trying to see if this is something that is common.

I picked up a Blackberry Z30 last night; it's not attached to any carrier at the moment�just connecting via WIFI. Running Blackberry 10.2.1. It's automatically downloaded 10.3.1 a few times, but seems to choke on install and restarts the whole process again.

The router is a D-Link DIR-601 and the firmware says it's the most current version (though is a 2011 build). I've never really had any issues with the router before and it seems to work fine. I've had a lot of devices on it and it's never caused a problem�until now.

Whenever I try and connect to the internet via WIFI, it crashes the Router and it brings it offline. I have to do a hard reset on the router and it brings it back online. Try and connect again and the same thing happens. This has happened at least a couple of dozen times. The router is running flawlessly as long as the phone is not connected via WIFI.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Hendy
    04-01-15 05:14 PM
    That is an old router.

I had a di-624 that I retired many years ago do to age and stuff like that. When I had a wireless headset also on the 2.4g it would reboot the router.

The only fix was to get a newer router. Those older routers have slow processors and low memory and they don't handle a lot of traffic well.

You are not gonna find any firmwares updates for it as dlink put that in legacy status awhile ago.

Maybe try changing channels on the router?

How many devices are connected and how much traffic on the 2.4g band in your house?

 Z30 STA100-5/10.3.1.2708
    04-01-15 06:12 PM
    Was thinking about flashing it and using Open WRT or DDWRT, but it's a bit out of my wheelhouse.

Devices connected: Macbook, Mac Mini, Apple TV. That's it.

Changed channel from 11 to 1 and that didn't seem to make a difference. It doesn't have a G network. Just N.
    04-01-15 06:32 PM
    Sounds like you're setup is pretty clean (one band 2.4, N only, changed channels) , is the encryption changeable? (tkip/AES-aes better)

+1 on the dd-wrt firmware, your model is supported (2013).

Installation isn't rocket science :-) and you've got nothing to lose (if you have to replace) .

Google "installing dd-wrt " and you'll even find some YouTube videos.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:53 PM
    Have you tried your new z30 on any other Wifi?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:54 PM
    I don't know if it would help but if you didn't mind loading a different version of 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 and see if that helps or go back to the OS where it wasn't an issue. Have you tried different security on the router?
    04-01-15 06:54 PM
    Davepett: Going to give DD-WRT a shot. Have not tried on another wifi (live remotely).
    kbz1960: I can't keep it online for long enough to download the upgrade. Beyond frustrating.
    04-01-15 07:28 PM