Is it ok if I charge my z30 with other BlackBerry charger with 750 mah power or 1.8 amp power

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 10:57 PM
    Won't hurt it, but it will charge slow.
    10-18-14 12:06 AM
    As per the tiltle. Yes a lower VOLTAGE will not be good for your phone.

As per your op - You talked about a different AMPERAGE. Do not use any charger lower than 750mah. A 500mah charger will not be sufficient to charge your device and could damage the battery. If you use a 1.8a charger, like a PlayBook charger, or car charger, your device will charge much faster.

Not to be a stickler.. but there is a big difference between voltage and amperage.

Think of voltage as the amount of power going down a wire and amperage as how hard it's being pushed down the line.

It don't matter how hard you push it if it's the wrong amount of power.

Posted via CB10
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    10-18-14 08:23 AM
    Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 01:26 PM
    Always charge with the charger that came with the phone. The you will be sure that the battery is charged safe. Believe me. My Z30 is now back to the store for repair because the battery has a bulb. I charged my Z30 sometime with the Z10 charger but that charger has a lower output then the charger from the Z30.
    I read something about charging in the BlackBerry knowledge base. You can look it up on their website.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:05 PM
    As per the tiltle. Yes a lower VOLTAGE will not be good for your phone.

As per your op - You talked about a different AMPERAGE. Do not use any charger lower than 750mah. A 500mah charger will not be sufficient to charge your device and could damage the battery. If you use a 1.8a charger, like a PlayBook charger, or car charger, your device will charge much faster.

Not to be a stickler.. but there is a big difference between voltage and amperage.

Think of voltage as the amount of power going down a wire and amperage as how hard it's being pushed down the line.

It don't matter how hard you push it if it's the wrong amount of power.

Posted via CB10
    Aren't most usb 2 ports 500?

Z30 144GB
    10-18-14 04:28 PM
    Good to know. Kinda logical yet I too sometimes charge my Z30 w/ my other BlackBerry chargers. You know, habits got guts...
    Gon change that straight. Period.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:31 PM
    I used an old charger (left the one it came with at our cabin) and it caused my battery life to drop down to 4 hours per charge and ended up soft bricking my phone. After switching back to the original supplied Z30 charger and several hard reboots my battery settled down and is now holding a charge for 12-14 hours again with heavy use. My battery health did drop to 97 %.
    Moral of the story - Use recommend charger!

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    10-19-14 11:18 PM
    I've been charging all my phones as of late with my BlackBerry PlayBook charger. But I'm finding the battery on the Z30 so awesome, that I can't kill it before hitting the hay for the day so I'm charging overnight with 30-40% battery life left.

I might change over to the charger that the phone came with just so it takes a regular charge from its own charging unit. Save the PlayBook charger for those times I need a rapid charge.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30! ?
    10-20-14 07:07 AM