I recently took some photos using my Blackberry Z30 camera and when I tried to view those images on my Z30 a few minutes later with the built-in pictures app it could not display them, I can only view them in thumbnail view. When trying to delete the photos it tells me "Delete Failed. The item(s) could not be deleted." When I try to edit them it says "This picture can't be edited."

Why is the Z30 camera taking photos and storing them in a format that I can't view, edit or delete? That seems really dumb. How do I delete them? Any ideas?
    Jon Ryder likes this.
    05-29-15 06:42 PM
    Are they saving to your SD card? Maybe it's a card issue... or a headless app messing with files.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    05-29-15 06:44 PM
    I do believe they are saving to the media card. Perhaps I should pull the card and shove it into my computer and delete them from there...and hope this problem doesn't happen again.
    05-29-15 07:08 PM
    Yeah I worry the card is maybe corrupting something

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    05-29-15 11:57 PM
    Bought my Z30 last week and took some pictures, experiencing the same issue. I open up the pictures app and some are there, not all. I did use the media card I had in my previous device, Android, and put it in the Z30. Any ideas?
    06-21-15 02:36 PM
    Bought my Z30 last week and took some pictures, experiencing the same issue. I open up the pictures app and some are there, not all. I did use the media card I had in my previous device, Android, and put it in the Z30. Any ideas?
    Weird. Try formatting the card (save the pictures before)
    06-21-15 02:40 PM
    May have fixed it. Turned off device, removed media card, reinserted media card, turned device back on. Now when I go to the picture app all the pictures I took the other day are now visible.
    rotorwrench and PatrickMJS like this.
    06-21-15 02:51 PM
    I would suggest the following:

First, make sure you phone has the latest official OS. Settings/Software Update.

Second, do like the previous guy said and restart your phone. Wait about 10 minutes after the restart for the OS to "index" the media card.

If those 2 steps don't see the problem, then insert the media card into a computer, copy any files on it that you need, reformat the card, then copy those files back onto it, and reinsert into the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 04:04 PM
    I do believe they are saving to the media card. Perhaps I should pull the card and shove it into my computer and delete them from there...and hope this problem doesn't happen again.
    You can look to see where your default "save to" is set. You can choose device or card and change whenever you choose.

I had this start happening irregularly to some of my photos a couple of weeks ago and haven't had time to troubleshoot it. Soft and hard resets didn't resolve it.

I just tried jeffsantos remedy by turning off my phone, pulling and re-inserting my card, turned the phone back on and now my missing photos are in the photo app. Worked for him , worked for me, must be the correct solution

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 04:07 PM
    My Verizon Z30 has this issue after taking pictures. Turning the phone off and back on the pictures now show up on the SD Card. It has does this with every SD card I have. They are different brands and capacities.
    06-21-15 06:25 PM
    I forgot to add, if I have my pictures saved to memory, they show up instantly in the picture app!
    06-21-15 07:26 PM
    My Verizon Z30 has this issue after taking pictures. Turning the phone off and back on the pictures now show up on the SD Card. It has does this with every SD card I have. They are different brands and capacities.
    Mine never had this issue since release, didn't start until a couple of weeks ago and was not with all photos, just every now and then. Phone offs and one didn't help. I've always saved to the card with no issues until a couple of weeks ago. Removal of and reinsertion of the card has been the only thing that restored the photos to the photo app.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 11:08 PM