I am planning to give my dad my BlackBerry z30. I will factory reset it and give it away... but when I set up his accounts... all the accounts will be his but the BlackBerry id will be mine... he doesn't want to make a new one...he wants to use mine... what can he access of mine using my BlackBerry id? Given that facebook, whatsapp and Gmail accounts set up in the hub will be his own...can he see my messages or contacts or photos or password keeper or notes that I have in remember after a security wipe?

Posted via my Redberry z30
    09-21-16 09:54 AM
    If he starts up BBM, it will log you out of BBM on your device. He will then "be you" on BBM, and have full access to your BBM contacts.

He will have a complete record of your purchases from BBW, and will have free access to your paid apps.

He could also inadvertently delete your bbid from BlackBerry online which will lock you out of your device forever.

He can access your travel plans, edit, and delete them through BlackBerry Travel.

I can't think of anything else.
    09-21-16 09:58 AM
    I am planning to give my dad my BlackBerry z30. I will factory reset it and give it away... but when I set up his accounts... all the accounts will be his but the BlackBerry id will be mine... he doesn't want to make a new one...he wants to use mine... what can he access of mine using my BlackBerry id? Given that facebook, whatsapp and Gmail accounts set up in the hub will be his own...can he see my messages or contacts or photos or password keeper or notes that I have in remember after a security wipe?

Unless you restore any backup, he won't be able to see any photos or messages or contacts
    As for the password keeper, he will still have to login into the password keeper with the password set by you (if you have synced it to the cloud)
    So I don't think it will be a problem
    But you could always create a new BlackBerry ID with his email id. As in you could do it for him if he isn't comfortable doing it himself.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-21-16 10:00 AM
    If he starts up bbm, it will log you out of bbm on your device.

He will have a complete record of your purchases from BBW, and will have free access to your paid apps.

He could also inadvertently delete your bbid from BlackBerry online which will lock you out of your device forever.

He can access your travel plans, edit, and delete them through BlackBerry Travel.

I totally forgot about all this!
    Thanks!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-21-16 10:00 AM
    If he starts up BBM, it will log you out of BBM on your device. He will then "be you" on BBM, and have full access to your BBM contacts.

So not probs there... I never bought ****e from bbw... what is BlackBerry travel never use it ? And what was that thing about locking me out of my device?

09-21-16 10:07 AM
    So not probs there... I never bought ****e from bbw... what is BlackBerry travel never use it ? And what was that thing about locking me out of my device?

Like this:
    • You have your current BBID on the Z30 and give it to your Dad.
    • You set up a new device for yourself, using your current BBID.
    • Both you and your Dad now have the same BBID, so anything he does will effect your device and vice versa.

If he fires up BBM, it will immediately kick you out of BBM on your device and he will have all your contacts and messages plus the ability to delete those contacts or impersonate you in messages.
    If he logs into the BBID website, he can remove your device, which would then lock your device as if it were stolen, or he could force wipe your device remotely.
    If you had any other account or service tied to your BBID, he will have control of those.
    Any backups you may have performed before you wiped the device to give to him, he could reload.

Unless you are planning to never use a BlackBerry device again or are going to create a new BBID for yourself, it would not be in anyone's best interest to give your dad your current BBID.
    09-21-16 10:16 AM
    Yeah...well iam shifting to android

09-21-16 11:16 PM
    I hate to... cuz BlackBerry was awesome...but what can I do... he wants the z30 and wants to give me his stupid s7 edge... I don't even want it

09-21-16 11:16 PM
    Yeah...well iam shifting to android

If you aren't going to use BBM on your S7, then no problems!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-21-16 11:36 PM
    I don't want an s7 I will probably sell it for another z30 with custom red back and gold accents all over.

09-22-16 08:42 AM
    I don't want an s7 I will probably sell it for another z30 with custom red back and gold accents all over.

You don't use WhatsApp?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-22-16 09:11 AM

OK....
    Soo...
    You will need to make yourself a new BBID then.
    09-22-16 05:07 PM
    You don't use WhatsApp?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    31st December I will use whatsapp.apk

09-22-16 10:00 PM
    OK....
    Soo...
    You will need to make yourself a new BBID then.
    So basically iam f****ed if I use my own BlackBerry id on another red carbon fibre z30 with gold chin and sides.

09-22-16 10:01 PM
    It's simple then... another bbid it is

09-22-16 10:02 PM
    You will need to repurchase all your apps from BBW if you change your bbid.

�σя Gσ∂ ѕσ ℓσνє∂ тнє ωσяℓ∂, тнαт нє gανє нιѕ σηℓу вєgσттєη ѕση, тнαт ωнσѕσєνєя вєℓιєνєтн ιη нιм ѕнσυℓ∂ ησт ρєяιѕн, вυт нανє єνєяℓαѕтιηg ℓι�є. נσнη 3:16
    09-27-16 11:24 AM