It all looks very good except for that resolution. I don't really care, 720p is probably fine BUT its giving reviewers something easy to moan about and with the history of them not being fans of the previous models so far.

And they are trying to compete here with Android so there really is no excuse.
    07-15-13 03:34 PM
    I don't know how to read this because MSM8960 isn't a Pro. It's a S4 Plus. Same processor in Z10, Q10, AND Q5.

Is BlackBerry serious about using a a processor from 2011?

Also I'm not sure if they can use an independent GPU for Snapdragon processors.

I really hope this isn't true.
    There is an msm8960 Pro. Snapdragon S4 Product Specs Its called the MSM 8960T
    07-15-13 03:36 PM
    I don't know how to read this because MSM8960 isn't a Pro. It's a S4 Plus. Same processor in Z10, Q10, AND Q5.

^^ This.
    It stings a little doesn't it?

I also wonder the same thing. This can't be true since the MSM8960 uses the same Adreno 225 as the Z10.
    07-15-13 03:41 PM
    I've never been one that goes crazy with specs and all, if the phone runs well when you try it out that's good enough for me.

However, the two specs that get me are: Camera MP and Screen Resolution.

13MP is clearly the minimum now for flagship devices. I'm not a huge picture taker so it doesn't bother me, but for the average user when looking to buy a new phone SG4 has 13 and this has 8.
    Any rumors on the next iPhone camera?

Also, is this the same camera as in the Z and Q, or a better camera?
    07-15-13 03:49 PM
    Let's see what hits the market, how well and what it runs, if they can do more with less, that could become the 'wow' factor. Not sure I'm likin' the integrated batt idea though, but surely they thought that out too.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-15-13 03:49 PM
    I used to think dual core CPU and 720p were going to kill this phone. However a quad core GPU and a dual core CPU clocked at 1.7GHz is awesome, my Asus Zenbook Prime is only dual core and clocked at 1.7GHz.. Obviously a little different but still!

The 720p I can live with as long as it looms brilliant. Pixel density isn't the be all end all, or else my 1080p 51" tv would be most definitely garbage and I'd replace it with a GS4 hung on the wall .

It's all about the final product and it's appearance as a high end phone. If BlackBerry markets it right, avoids the spec race and points out its strengths and ignores it's "faults" it won't be a hard sell. Marketing and building good relationships with retail channels will be the difference for BlackBerry as tine goes on.
    SDTRMG, Fr3lncr and ravenskman1 like this.
    07-15-13 03:50 PM
    this is definitely one brutal surprise. Minimum specs won't sell phones to the "ordinary" consumer. What doesn't blackberry get? Wow the consumers to get people off the nexus/s4/iphone/htc and on board with BB10. Very dumb move. Last time i laughed like this is when iOS7 beta was released but they can afford to sell crap.
    07-15-13 03:52 PM
    ^^ This.
    It stings a little doesn't it?

I also wonder the same thing. This can't be true since the MSM8960 uses the same Adreno 225 as the Z10.
    Again its the next CPU up. The MSM8960T. This is a dual core architecture. To see it run - check out a Sony Experia SP. That uses this chipset to run Android. See its review on our sister site - Sony Xperia SP review | Android Central

You will notice, that the review's headline makes clear this was a Mid-tier device.

PS - That device was $300 off contract AND is already out, what will that device be by December? - - Old and lower tier.

It's probably the MSM8960T, which is a Pro.

Posted via CB10
    I used to think dual core CPU and 720p were going to kill this phone. However a quad core GPU and a dual core CPU clocked at 1.7GHz is awesome, my Asus Zenbook Prime is only dual core and clocked at 1.7GHz.. Obviously a little different but still!

The 720p I can live with as long as it looms brilliant. Pixel density isn't the be all end all, or else my 1080p 51" tv would be most definitely garbage and I'd replace it with a GS4 hung on the wall .

It's all about the final product and it's appearance as a high end phone. If BlackBerry markets it right, avoids the spec race and points out its strengths and ignores it's "faults" it won't be a hard sell. Marketing and building good relationships with retail channels will be the difference for BlackBerry as tine goes on.
    they have already tried to ignore the spec race but it keeps biting them in the a**. Most people ask for specs and apps and this phone has neither which is brutal. I love BB but they aren't going to get anyone new by doing this.
    07-15-13 03:54 PM
    Again its the next CPU up. The MSM8960T. This is a dual core architecture. To see it run - check out a Sony Experia SP. That uses this chipset to run Android. See its review on our sister site - Sony Xperia SP review | Android Central

You will notice, that the review's headline makes clear this was a Mid-tier device.

PS - That device was $300 off contract AND is already out, what will that device be by December? - - Old and lower tier.
    I noticed that, but they didn't specify the "T" and I don't like assuming. Even if it was the pro, it's still way too low. Qualcomm abandoned their dual cores in favor of quad. Now quad cores in mobile truly are superior to dual. We should have a 2.2-2.4 GHz dual core. 1.7 is way too low. Since the specs aren't clear and they're not official, I'm forgetting I ever saw this.
    07-15-13 04:05 PM
    I'm not impressed. I'm glad I went Z10 instead of waiting for A10 if these are the specs
    I mean, sure, it has a bigger battery, but who the hell cares, if you're going to have to lug around such a large device
    It's not much different fro Z10 except for size and battery.
    07-15-13 04:05 PM
    I noticed that, but they didn't specify the "T" and I don't like assuming. Even if it was the pro, it's still way too low. Qualcomm abandoned their dual cores in favor of quad. Now quad cores in mobile truly are superior to dual. We should have a 2.2-2.4 GHz dual core. 1.7 is way too low. Since the specs aren't clear and they're not official, I'm forgetting I ever saw this.
    Smart - I will only point out that they do repeatedly say, "pro". But it's best to ignore at this point. Very often people say if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention. They are right. Best way to not get upset, is to not pay attention.
    LWKING likes this.
    07-15-13 04:13 PM
    I'm really frustrated about these leaks saying it's going to launch with a dual core processor. All the previous leaks on the A-Series up until this month have been Quad Core and now they are all saying Dual Core. I can deal with the non 1080 display, even though I think BlackBerry should have launched the A-Series with it, but I can not accept that it's a Dual Core processor in what's supposed to be a flag ship phone.

At this point in the game BlackBerry has to play the Spec game because it's something basic people can look at and compare. I hope these slides are wrong and it launches with a Quad Core processor like all the previous leaks had shown. I just don't understand why they would go from a Quad Core down to a Dual Core like that.

Right now the A-Series is anything but a flagship phone and it's frustrating to see that as a BlackBerry fan.
    RafiqK, spiculated and mithrazor like this.
    07-15-13 04:20 PM
    It's going head to head with the Galaxy Mega 6.3, but with a much smaller screen.
    Here is where the Mega 6.3 stands against its Android competition.
    Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Review

So, if BB sells it at $500, they could find their market.
    07-15-13 04:21 PM
    I have a spare battery. Every BB I've owned - I get a case and an extra battery. In fact I laud that one useful thing over IOS users and some android users alike.

I don't hunt charging stations - I keep one in my pocket.
    I was just doing that to an iPhone and non-removable battery Android user last week when I was showing off my case and showing the NFC on the battery door.
    07-15-13 04:26 PM
    Disappointing and A10 is going to be a total fail. With this pace, Blackberry will be dead by this time next year. It seems that Blackberry can't compete in smartphone market anymore. May be Blackberry should consider getting into some other line of business. How about selling fruits, starting with Blackberries?
    Buddy get lost

Golf=passion
    07-15-13 04:33 PM
    Shame A10 will not have a removeable battery.
    07-15-13 04:33 PM
    Not worried aboit the chip so much as the screen. 295ppi might look fine in person. But that will get shredded by the critics. If you go no quad core cpu, then you gotta bring it on the screen resolution. PPI over the z10 at least! If you cant do that then bump the cpu to quad core!...one or the other!!!

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-15-13 05:08 PM
    It's going head to head with the Galaxy Mega 6.3, but with a much smaller screen.
    Here is where the Mega 6.3 stands against its Android competition.
    Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Review

So, if BB sells it at $500, they could find their market.
    If it is competing against the Mega, then it surely is better, spec wise, than its competition. The Galaxy Mega has 223 ppi, and by the way, it has great reviews about its screen. The A10 trumps it with 295 ppi.

A 2,800 battery for BB10 on a 5" screen surely beats 3,200 for Android on a 6.3" screen.

Oh, and both use 720p. As does the hot selling Galaxy Note.

Honestly, I am happy that it has the Adreno 320.

Blackberry Faithful - #TeamBlackBerry
    anon(2729369) and SDTRMG like this.
    07-15-13 05:22 PM
    This...

How is 1080p standard. Lets be real here

Android oems - 1080p flagship phones
    Windows phone - 720p flagship phones
    Apple - retina No 1080p phones

So why does blackberry have to make 1080p when no other android manufacturer is doing this? they don't have to waste the money joining the pointless android oem spec race.

1080p is only standard with android oems, on top of that, 60-70 percent of android phones don't have 1080p screens.

Some people sound like spoiled children, "OH I DONT CARE IF MY PARENTS CAN ONLY AFFORD THE $100 PANTS I WANT THE $300 ONES"' please grow up and realize blackberry is bring the best devices they can to the market without going bankrupt.

Also the htc one has a 5MP camera. And the average joe doesn't know the difference in CPU, gpu, ppi, etc.
    and this...

That is all.
    OldSkoolVWLover, SDTRMG and LWKING like this.
    07-15-13 05:49 PM
    I don't have a problem with the specs and it looks better than Z10 but

2012 spec
    2014 price

doesn't sound like a winner
    07-15-13 05:54 PM
    I don't have a problem with the specs and it looks better than Z10 but

2012 spec
    2014 price

doesn't sound like a winner
    This is a new marketing perspective that goes against the grain...

In THE PAST, it was fashionable to find ways to squeeze new life out of old hardware:

How to Revive an old PC with Linux: 15 Steps (with Pictures)
    How To Revive An Old PC With Linux - - - Informationweek
    6 Lightweight Linux Distributions To Give Your Old PC A New Lease of Life

The specs argument is nonsense... It's about marketing, stupid.

Forget about BlackBerry for a moment. Look at Apple vs Android.... Light years apart.

BlackBerry is fine with the A10 being 720p, and having a lower PPI than Android. Not a problem when it comes to hardware. Their bigger hurdle is Perception in the market.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-15-13 06:03 PM
    This...

and this...

That is all.
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-15-13 06:07 PM
    While this has essentially identical specs to the Note 2, the thing I'm worried about is the future. Due to the strict resolution it doesn't look like we will he getting a 1080p BB10 phone in the foreseeable future. Right now it's not too much of an issue, a lot of good 720 screens out there (kinda sorta including Z10) but the future will have phones from the competition having 1080p standard. Then what does BlackBerry do?
    07-15-13 06:19 PM
181 12345 ...