Didn't see any discussion in the rumoured device forum about the "a" series - mods, delete this if I'm wrong!

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...d-core-747749/

Thanks to Bla1ze ^

also from the forums

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content...-laguna#bottom

http://www.themobileindian.com/news/...sto-smartphone

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10...n-it-launches/

Thanks toneytone ^

looks sweet.
    Last edited by gjohnsto; 11-06-12 at 02:33 PM. Reason: more info
    11-06-12 02:25 PM
    i'm curious if the aristo will be using the S4 prime chip that will be released in 2013, curious i just looked into it and it now has connectivity and a 2.5 ghz quadcore, those are pretty savage figures if you ask me
    11-18-12 02:55 PM
    i'm curious if the aristo will be using the S4 prime chip that will be released in 2013, curious i just looked into it and it now has connectivity and a 2.5 ghz quadcore, those are pretty savage figures if you ask me
    BB10 is more of a fixed target than Android, there simply isn't the same need to throw ludicrous specs at a device at the expense of battery life, they will probably need to upgrade to a quad-core s4 pro with the new gfx core in order to drive a 1080p display, but beyond that what else is there that they would need to get a lot faster for anyway?

Note, I know those specs list a 720p display, but that is a sidegrade from the one in the L-series trading lower ppi for a slightly bigger display and in no way will that be considered even remotely high-end in 9 months or so.
    11-20-12 06:56 AM
    Yeah I don't beilieve they need it to be crazy. Qnx and bb10 aren't processor intensive so they don't use up a lot of resources. Now I'm sure the media and the competitors commercials will eat these lack of specs all up. We'll see tho
    11-21-12 12:00 AM
    Well the z10's hardware is slightly, and I mean minusculely underwhelming but the media wasn't as bad as I thought. So far so good
    02-04-13 02:58 AM
    I hope a BB10 slider (which will no doubt have to be thicker and heavier) would have a bigger battery and more powerful processor... I mean, if you're buying a slider, you're not buying it for thinness... I want my slider to be sturdy, long battery life, and great screen + keyboard... so here's hoping that whatever specs go into Aristo also go into the (fingers crossed) inevitable BB10 slider.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 02-04-13 at 09:03 AM.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-04-13 08:49 AM
    I hope a BB10 slider (which will no doubt have to be thicker and heavier) would have a bigger battery and more powerful processor... I mean, if you're buying a slider, you're not buying it for thinness... I want my slider to be sturdy, long battery life, and great screen + keyboard... so here's hoping that whatever specs go into Aristo also go into the (fingers crossed) inevitable BB10 slider.
    The problem with an approach like this is that every time you make a change that further increases the weight or thickness of a phone unless the former is due to an increase in screensize, the smaller your market for that device becomes and that really isn't a situation that BB can afford to get into while they are trying to establish bb10.

The best hope for a slider is more likely to come from there being less of a need to update the bold form factor quite as much as the all-touch so there might be room to alternate those with a slider as one of those with a 4.2" 720p display would stand more chance of avoiding falling into the trap of being too bulky/heavy that would hamper sales.
    02-09-13 04:27 PM
    I can do w/o the device being thin for better specs and a bigger battery. I don't see how you could have one(better specs) without the other(bigger battery). I had a BA battery with my 8310, 9000, and my Sliders 9800/9810. When you're involved with the aftermath of floods, Tornadoes, etc.., you don't have time to find a plug to charge your phone. So, enter the (BA(big azz) battery.
    02-09-13 09:03 PM
    8mp camera??? They cant be serious!!! They need more duh...dont u see theres a sgs4with 13 MP??? Who knows how is the next iPhone coming...
    04-04-13 06:47 PM