Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry A series, "Aristo"

Didn't see any discussion in the rumoured device forum about the "a" series - mods, delete this if I'm wrong!

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...d-core-747749/

Thanks to Bla1ze ^

also from the forums

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content...-laguna#bottom

http://www.themobileindian.com/news/...sto-smartphone

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10...n-it-launches/

Thanks toneytone ^

looks sweet.
    Last edited by gjohnsto; 11-06-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: more info
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

i'm curious if the aristo will be using the S4 prime chip that will be released in 2013, curious i just looked into it and it now has connectivity and a 2.5 ghz quadcore, those are pretty savage figures if you ask me
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    i'm curious if the aristo will be using the S4 prime chip that will be released in 2013, curious i just looked into it and it now has connectivity and a 2.5 ghz quadcore, those are pretty savage figures if you ask me
    BB10 is more of a fixed target than Android, there simply isn't the same need to throw ludicrous specs at a device at the expense of battery life, they will probably need to upgrade to a quad-core s4 pro with the new gfx core in order to drive a 1080p display, but beyond that what else is there that they would need to get a lot faster for anyway?

Note, I know those specs list a 720p display, but that is a sidegrade from the one in the L-series trading lower ppi for a slightly bigger display and in no way will that be considered even remotely high-end in 9 months or so.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Yeah I don't beilieve they need it to be crazy. Qnx and bb10 aren't processor intensive so they don't use up a lot of resources. Now I'm sure the media and the competitors commercials will eat these lack of specs all up. We'll see tho
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Well the z10's hardware is slightly, and I mean minusculely underwhelming but the media wasn't as bad as I thought. So far so good
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    947 Global Posts

I hope a BB10 slider (which will no doubt have to be thicker and heavier) would have a bigger battery and more powerful processor... I mean, if you're buying a slider, you're not buying it for thinness... I want my slider to be sturdy, long battery life, and great screen + keyboard... so here's hoping that whatever specs go into Aristo also go into the (fingers crossed) inevitable BB10 slider.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 02-04-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    Thanked by:
    Blacklatino (02-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lorax1284 View Post
    I hope a BB10 slider (which will no doubt have to be thicker and heavier) would have a bigger battery and more powerful processor... I mean, if you're buying a slider, you're not buying it for thinness... I want my slider to be sturdy, long battery life, and great screen + keyboard... so here's hoping that whatever specs go into Aristo also go into the (fingers crossed) inevitable BB10 slider.
    The problem with an approach like this is that every time you make a change that further increases the weight or thickness of a phone unless the former is due to an increase in screensize, the smaller your market for that device becomes and that really isn't a situation that BB can afford to get into while they are trying to establish bb10.

The best hope for a slider is more likely to come from there being less of a need to update the bold form factor quite as much as the all-touch so there might be room to alternate those with a slider as one of those with a 4.2" 720p display would stand more chance of avoiding falling into the trap of being too bulky/heavy that would hamper sales.

Global Posts
    10,646 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

I can do w/o the device being thin for better specs and a bigger battery. I don't see how you could have one(better specs) without the other(bigger battery). I had a BA battery with my 8310, 9000, and my Sliders 9800/9810. When you're involved with the aftermath of floods, Tornadoes, etc.., you don't have time to find a plug to charge your phone. So, enter the (BA(big azz) battery.
    Reading.....is truly a "lost art" / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    stolen :(

8mp camera??? They cant be serious!!! They need more duh...dont u see theres a sgs4with 13 MP??? Who knows how is the next iPhone coming...