I am running Blackberry Link on a PC with Windows 7 OS. Recently my daughter's Z30 got the www.bberror.com/bb10-0015 error and now I have to factory reset her device. But when I try to start Blackberry Link, it tries to open then I get an error window that says "Blackberry Link has stopped working" and it closes down. If I try to connect through Blackberry Blend, my PC can't connect to the device even though it is hooked up via USB. Please help me access this device through the Blackberry software so I can get her Blackberry up and running again.
    03-18-17 05:22 PM
    Good luck. I'm on windows 10 and link hasn't worked for me since before the latest 10.3.3 update. Blend still works. Makes me want to throw In the towel on BlackBerry. I really need to back up my Passport so l can wipe it. And reinstall the software.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.3.1435
    03-18-17 05:49 PM
    I've got blackberry link working on my windows 10 64bit computer make sure you remove itunes or any apple applications and it should work fine.
    Otherwise it can cause issues with the application see if that works.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 06:00 PM
    I am running Blackberry Link on a PC with Windows 7 OS. Recently my daughter's Z30 got the www.bberror.com/bb10-0015 error and now I have to factory reset her device. But when I try to start Blackberry Link, it tries to open then I get an error window that says "Blackberry Link has stopped working" and it closes down. If I try to connect through Blackberry Blend, my PC can't connect to the device even though it is hooked up via USB. Please help me access this device through the Blackberry software so I can get her Blackberry up and running again.
    Use an autoloader to reinstall the OS on the device. Chances are that the Link and Blend software will then recognize it and you'll be up and running again.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    03-18-17 06:06 PM
    I have to uninstall iTunes on my Win 7 machine to get it to work?? *ugh*
    03-18-17 06:07 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Windows 7 on my lap top and blackberry link will not work. Tried everything I know to do. Evan uninstalled iTunes still does not work. So I downloaded it on my kids iMac computer and it works flawlessly
    03-18-17 06:51 PM
    BlackBerry Link will not work on either Windows 7 or 10 once iTunes 12.5 is installed. However, you'll need to find and rename or delete the iTunesPrefs.xml file located in your user profile folder. You don't need to uninstall either those applications.
    03-19-17 09:54 AM
    I'm having trouble finding the iTunesPrefs.xml file. Can you help me with that?
    03-20-17 06:13 AM
    Good luck. I'm on windows 10 and link hasn't worked for me since before the latest 10.3.3 update. Blend still works. Makes me want to throw In the towel on BlackBerry. I really need to back up my Passport so l can wipe it. And reinstall the software.

You can use Darcy's BB Tool to backup and restore.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 09:20 AM
    I've got blackberry link working on my windows 10 64bit computer make sure you remove itunes or any apple applications and it should work fine.
    Otherwise it can cause issues with the application see if that works.

Posted via CB10
    I've did all that. Still doesn't work for me.

03-20-17 09:05 PM
    I have to uninstall iTunes on my Win 7 machine to get it to work?? *ugh*
    No you don't. Just change the xml file name
    03-20-17 09:20 PM
    Any newer version of iTunes will cause issues with BlackBerry Link, but here is the fix for that. Please keep in mind that if you update iTunes you will have to repeat this process

rename the iTunesPrefs.xml file;

Turn on*Show Hidden Files And FoldersNavigate to*C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to*iTunesPrefs.old

​Once completed, it would be recommended to turn off*Show hidden files and folders."
    03-20-17 09:23 PM
    That's exactly what I needed to get it working again! Thank you so much! Now onto reloading my daughter's Z30!
    03-24-17 07:05 AM
    Not sure if this is also related but any help would be appreciated!
    I have a Z30 that I backedup a couple Months ago and today i went to restore all my contacts as the Phone got wiped and i wanted to restore all the Data BUT heres what Im getting, BlackBerry Link wont Load? Info was saved on an Old Computer running XP Ver 5.1 Home Edition. Is there any way of accesing my Contacts Guys????
    08-07-17 12:26 PM