Im in the uae it seems that titles are not available

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:19 AM
    Im in the uae it seems that titles are not available

Posted via CB10
    No books at all, or just no free ones? If the latter, it might be easier to search on the PC for them and download them that way - it will then sync to the app.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:21 AM
    Is there a reason to have your phone on full brightness ?
    If you're in direct sunlight, you need it.
    08-13-14 03:24 PM
    In one of the Netflix threads, someone mentioned an Android app that could turn the brightness up higher than the OS could. If I find it, I'll post it here.
    08-13-14 03:39 PM
    I thought most people knew this, but go use an Android brightness toggle app. Many of them do what you are saying here. When you click it to full brightness in the app it overrides the device and becomes way bright. Usually holds when you keep it in an active frame. I do this when I ride my motorcycle so I can read the screen outside better.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    08-13-14 03:39 PM
    Brightness Level in the Android store is a solid example. When opened click 100%

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 03:44 PM
    In full daylight when outside, full brightness means I can see what's on the screen.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    08-13-14 07:08 PM
    I thought most people knew this, but go use an Android brightness toggle app. Many of them do what you are saying here. When you click it to full brightness in the app it overrides the device and becomes way bright. Usually holds when you keep it in an active frame. I do this when I ride my motorcycle so I can read the screen outside better.

Posted via CB10
    I've read that the Android brightness toggles don't work when a BlackBerry app is opened. I'll try it if your experience has been different. Which one do you use?

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    08-13-14 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    I certainly hope you have your organ donor card...

Posted via my Z30
    mkelley65 likes this.
    08-13-14 09:23 PM
    Please do keep in mind that there is another good reason why OLED screens, such as in the Q10 and Z30, are typically driven dim by default:

Current "Organic Light Emitting Diodes" burn out with use -- the blue segments in particular have a limited lifespan.

Brighter screen = more powerdrain = more heat = wear on materials = reduced per-subpixel efficiency, leaving any bright iconography, that is (almost) always static on screen, "burned in"; So that e.g. you'll see the shapes of the phone, search, and camera icons at the bottom, as a dark shadow over any view that does not include them.
    This is not like the image retention you can get with LCD displays, which you can often recover from, with moderate success and patience -- the OLEDs wind up "spent".

If you don't mind, and regard the device as a rather short-lived disposable commodity, or only ever have the screen on for very short periods of time, or always have moving imagery on every part of it, then by all means; crank it up to 11.
    If you intend to hold onto it for a while, however, it may pay to be a little more conservative.
    I can just hear all these people ******** and blaming blackberry in 6 months when their screen is shot because they hacked it to get full brightness
    SourceCode likes this.
    08-13-14 10:16 PM
    Wow. That goes to show the old BlackBerry mentality is alive and well. Hopefully Chen can clean house in time.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    I hope your comment isn't about Clewley because if anything he tends to be very responsive. Gives out his BB e-mail all the time to directly help users as well. I would assume that if he didn't reply it's because he couldn't give out the info. If anything, its PMs like him that are what's right about BlackBerry.
    08-14-14 09:25 AM
    Held back due to battery life. When I open my Starbucks app and the bar-code screen opens up - it goes to a brightest level i've never seen the screen at...
    08-14-14 10:18 AM
    So true. Whomever is holding this ability back should be let go from BlackBerry. I would definitely considering getting a Z30 if the BB10 brightness controls were fixed.
    Posted with X10 via CB10

REALLY ... ?!?!?! THAT is the deciding factor keeping you from taking a Z30 home?

• Not the 'otherwise' awesome 5" screen?
    • Not the 3-language-auto-learning keyboard?
    • Not the 2280 mAh, 24+ hour battery life?
    • Or the ability to keep (now, more than) 8 active applications open at-once!
    • Or the HDMI+Miracast HD display capability?
    • Or the 64+Gb capable SDHC card slot?
    • And the nearly unbreakable device AND application Data Security?
    • And the fact it feels like a "brick-s#*thouse-quality built" device?

I could go on, of course, but ... OMD, how many more great reasons do you think you'll need here?
    If you need your phone to be seen from space, you may have that "1" special requirement that NO
    device manufacturer can give you ... without a portable generator to keep your battery 'up' anyway.

Stop making excuses, Heinz; just get the dam phone!

Cheers!
    08-14-14 01:40 PM
    Sorry I have to say that, but not everything is consumer's choice. Everyone would complain about bad battery life. BlackBerry is trying to find the best settings for the devices to perform best.
    Complaining about that is stupid.
    I get more than 1 full day from my Z30. I plug it in every night with anywhere from 20-30% left. Some even get 2 days. I would gladly sacrifice a small portion of that to have a brighter screen. I can always turn the brightness down if I need to conserve battery life.
    08-14-14 10:44 PM
    Please do keep in mind that there is another good reason why OLED screens, such as in the Q10 and Z30, are typically driven dim by default:

Current "Organic Light Emitting Diodes" burn out with use -- the blue segments in particular have a limited lifespan.

Brighter screen = more powerdrain = more heat = wear on materials = reduced per-subpixel efficiency, leaving any bright iconography, that is (almost) always static on screen, "burned in"; So that e.g. you'll see the shapes of the phone, search, and camera icons at the bottom, as a dark shadow over any view that does not include them.
    This is not like the image retention you can get with LCD displays, which you can often recover from, with moderate success and patience -- the OLEDs wind up "spent".

If you don't mind, and regard the device as a rather short-lived disposable commodity, or only ever have the screen on for very short periods of time, or always have moving imagery on every part of it, then by all means; crank it up to 11.
    If you intend to hold onto it for a while, however, it may pay to be a little more conservative.
    Good point. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the info!
    08-14-14 10:49 PM
    REALLY ... ?!?!?! THAT is the deciding factor keeping you from taking a Z30 home?

• Not the 'otherwise' awesome 5" screen?
    • Not the 3-language-auto-learning keyboard?
    • Not the 2280 mAh, 24+ hour battery life?
    • Or the ability to keep (now, more than) 8 active applications open at-once!
    • Or the HDMI+Miracast HD display capability?
    • Or the 64+Gb capable SDHC card slot?
    • And the nearly unbreakable device AND application Data Security?
    • And the fact it feels like a "brick-s#*thouse-quality built" device?

I could go on, of course, but ... OMD, how many more great reasons do you think you'll need here?
    If you need your phone to be seen from space, you may have that "1" special requirement that NO
    device manufacturer can give you ... without a portable generator to keep your battery 'up' anyway.

Stop making excuses, Heinz; just get the dam phone!

Cheers!
    What a mess you've left for me to clean up. Let's get started shall we.

First off the vast majority of things you think are awesome about the Z30 can be done on the Z10.

1. 3 language auto learning keyboard? Z10 check

2. Not the 2280 mAh, 24+ hour battery life? Z10 battery is removable. I have the BlackBerry battery backup and a PlayBook 2.1 amp charger. Needles to say I've never run into a power problem.

3. Or the HDMI+Miracast HD display capability? Z10 has WiFi direct and micro HDMI as well.

4. Or the 64+Gb capable SDHC card slot? Z10 check.

5. And the nearly unbreakable device AND application Data Security? Had my Z10 since launch. Most who see it for the first time think it's brand new. Also Z10 check on the data security.

6. And the fact it feels like a "brick-s#*thouse-quality built" device? Z10 was awarded the Red Dot design award first. After a year or so all other BB10 devices were given the award. The Red Dot people felt bad for them all being so fugly in comparison.

7. Not the 'otherwise' awesome 5" screen? I saved this for last since it's ultimately what the threads about. Would I like a bigger display for my Z10. Sure. But it sounds like your saying the Z30 display is awesome because it's 5 inches. I agree with you since all its got going for itself is the size. The display however is junk.

In conclusion. If the rabid Z30 fan base on Crackberry is able to convince the clueless group of code monkeys who look after the BB10 display settings. To bring back the PlayBook style brightness controls to BB10. I will then definitely consider giving the Z30 another go.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-15-14 12:16 AM
    I run my 30 on "full" brightness with great battery life. I think it's just right.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I never noticed a big difference in battery life when full bright or medium or low brightness.

In full brightness and moderate use I have my battery lasting easily 24+ hours. Full brightness and heavy use I get anywhere from 16-20 hours.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:55 AM
    I thought I'd dropped my Zed 10 one time too many and broken something as the brightness on the Kindle App was different to the phone brightness lol

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 01:17 AM
    . ,...that feature is for those with "dim" eyes!

Z10, *.3175, 3500 MaH Btry - Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 09:59 AM
    I would definitely prefer to have a wider range for the brightness on this phone.
    Coming from an LG G2, I found that my G2 minimum brightness is dimmer and the maximum brightness is brighter.
    Also, unlike the Z30, my G2 had auto-adjustment for the brightness level.
    08-15-14 10:57 AM
    I've never found the Z30 screen bad at all. It's a lot better outdoors than most phones I have.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 06:14 PM
    I am on the opposite end of brightness. At night when I keep the brightness at lowest, at complete darkness it is blinding me. I never really complained about it but with tricks like these can we actually dim it lower?

You guys are going to get mad at me.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    08-15-14 09:39 PM
    I've never found the Z30 screen bad at all. It's a lot better outdoors than most phones I have.

Posted via CB10
    Same. I always have it at the dimmest setting and it seems fairly adequate to me. I was texting while I walked in broad day light today and there were no issues with seeing anything on the screen.
    08-16-14 02:27 AM
48 12