these are probably dumb questions but I'm just curious...

1. is there anyway to 'overcharge' a phone? and can you do that with the BlackBerry?

2. when you're not using the charger, should it be u plugged?

again, something that came to my head while I was walking my college hallways

8500 -> Z10 -> Z30
    04-16-15 08:06 PM
    You shouldn't be able to over charge unless you're hooking it up to some super duper charger, there is logic built in to prevent it. I leave my charger plugged in when not in use. I've read it will still use a tiny bit of electricity if you're worried about that.
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    04-16-15 08:11 PM
    You shouldn't be able to over charge unless you're hooking it up to some super duper charger, there is logic built in to prevent it. I leave my charger plugged in when not in use. I've read it will still use a tiny bit of electricity if you're worried about that.
    thanks a lot all I have is the 2X the faster charger from BlackBerry, nothing super duper I don't think

8500 -> Z10 -> Z30
    04-16-15 08:23 PM
    You should not have any problem if you use a Blackberry brand charger. If you use another one just make sure it's the same voltage. If it's got less amps it will take more time to charge, more amps does not matter, phone will take the max it can.

Tons of thread with people explaining their theories on that in here.

Regarding the "unplug charger when you don't use it" you will not leave it plugged in if your a bit paranoiac like me
    But I don't think it really matters.
    kbz1960 and ProjectBrett like this.
    04-16-15 08:51 PM
    You should not have any problem if you use a Blackberry brand charger. If you use another one just make sure it's the same voltage. If it's got less amps it will take more time to charge, more amps does not matter, phone will take the max it can.

Tons of thread with people explaining their theories on that in here.

Regarding the "unplug charger when you don't use it" you will not leave it plugged in if your a bit paranoiac like me
    But I don't think it really matters.
    great, so no worries here than, thanks so much

8500 -> Z10 -> Z30
    04-16-15 09:17 PM
    Rapid chargers tend to heat up the battery dealing the charging process. This heat damages the battery over time even the battery is not over charged. It doesn't matter if the charger is BlackBerry brand or not. The higher the charger output, the faster the battery degrades. I'd use the stock charger that comes with the phone or a charger putting out LESS power than the stock charger.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 09:29 PM