Hi all

I am using a z30 and while I know it is not officially available, blackberry blend supposedly works. I connected it up to my iPad and it worked the first time, but since then, it keeps going through a cycle of trying to connect then disconnecting the t eying to connect again... constantly.. and never connects basically. Blend, Bluetooth are both on on the z30 and iPad!

I have blend available on blackberry world to download but when installing, the button just becomes 'download' again, essentially never installing.

I am using the blend app that was pre installed in the leak, but I have a feeling there is an update that my.phone cannot download and install. Also, when I press check for updates in blackberry world, it never does, the check for updates button stays grey and I do not get a toast advising me the check is complete. I have waited for up to 5 mins for it, and still nothing!

I'm not sure if anything from this might be causing the problem... I have done a hard reboot etc, nothing.

Has anyone experienced the same thing/got a fix??

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 04:45 AM
    Hi all

I am using a z30 and while I know it is not officially available, blackberry blend supposedly works. I connected it up to my iPad and it worked the first time, but since then, it keeps going through a cycle of trying to connect then disconnecting the t eying to connect again... constantly.. and never connects basically. Blend, Bluetooth are both on on the z30 and iPad!

I have blend available on blackberry world to download but when installing, the button just becomes 'download' again, essentially never installing.

I am using the blend app that was pre installed in the leak, but I have a feeling there is an update that my.phone cannot download and install. Also, when I press check for updates in blackberry world, it never does, the check for updates button stays grey and I do not get a toast advising me the check is complete. I have waited for up to 5 mins for it, and still nothing!

I'm not sure if anything from this might be causing the problem... I have done a hard reboot etc, nothing.

Has anyone experienced the same thing/got a fix??

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    As far as I know, Blend requires either a Wifi, USB, or mobile broadband connection in order to work. It may also be a version issue in your case. I'm running the latest leak (1154/1155) on my Z30, and Blend updated from BBWorld on my phone without any problem. I downloaded the latest Blend update for my PC (directly from Blackberry website) and it installed fine. The mentioned leak, is the same OS as the newly released Classic is running, and the working Blend, seemed to coincide with the release of the Classic. I'm guessing therefore, that you may need the latest leaked OS (1154/1155) on your phone before the Blend update will work.
    12-23-14 05:55 AM
    Yeah Blend on my iPad with OS 8.1.2 cannot connect to my phone. I don't know what to do.

Blend on my two laptops are able to connect.

... Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 ...
    12-23-14 10:45 AM
    Same, both on laptop and ipad. I suppose it's related to my router configuration, but have not checked properly yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:50 AM
    My blend is working smoothly on my laptop

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 11:53 AM
    I could get Blend to work on my home computer with Microsoft Security Essentials as anti-virus/firewall, but on my work laptop it doesn't work. Seems to be a firewall issue

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 12:32 PM
    I had that happen to me with the iPad, then I realized that I was using Mobile Hotspot on my BlackBerry with the iPad. I switched the iPad and the BlackBerry to be on the same network. It works a little slow on the iPad. I also updated blend on my Z30, after I installed the leak.
    12-23-14 12:46 PM
    What OS version were you using??
    12-23-14 01:06 PM
    Mine is 10.3.1.1154
    12-23-14 04:58 PM
    I got it working again, it was so silly... I turned down Bluetooth on my.phone to discoverable and it connected again. Weird thing is, is that it worked on the pc as well when connected with a wire, when last time it also didn't, so I am wondering if the Bluetooth was the solution or if it just started working again all of a sudden. Who knows.. Anyway blend is amazing! Need some what's app support and maybe Facebook and Twitter integration would be great!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:48 PM
    Same, both on laptop and ipad. I suppose it's related to my router configuration, but have not checked properly yet.

Posted via CB10
    Confirmed : same ipad, same Q10, different network, and everything working fine. It's a network issue. My home router must be blocking something needed by the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:31 AM