I'd almost rather they price it at 600 and give the sales rep 100 for each phone sold.
    That would get it pushed I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    Geeoff likes this.
    07-26-13 10:25 PM
    I'd almost rather they price it at 600 and give the sales rep 100 for each phone sold.
    That would get it pushed I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    $100 per phone is too high, but $50 is about right. Give those sales staff some real incentive to push the A10 when it comes out

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    07-27-13 06:44 AM
    It will sell worse then the Z10.

Sorry to say.....

Using a BlackBerry Z10 ** OS:10.1.0.4651
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    07-27-13 02:53 PM
    Lol you will be waiting a longtime...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Long, painful, but true wait. Keep Moving? More like standing still at this point.
    07-27-13 05:33 PM
    Long, painful, but true wait. Keep Moving? More like standing still at this point.
    I'm sorry but the Z10 is exactly keep moving. I am happy with it.

07-27-13 06:05 PM

I am too.
    And as long as BlackBerry will produce handsets, I'll buy one.

But what I fear is, that BlackBerry will fail because they still haven't understood how the consumer market works and that the enterprise has to be as aggressiv with their products and marketing as they can be.

Releasing a phone with Hardware from 1 and a half years ago and letting people spend the same amount they would spend for an Android flagship with specs from today, in combination with the fact of BlackBerry having the weakest ecosystem, is very worrying for the possible adoption of the new A10.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay and pillswoj like this.
    07-27-13 06:46 PM
    BlackBerry has a huge image problem. For those of you who argue people do not care about specs - you couldn't be more wrong. Most people don't understand what they mean, fewer even can tell the difference between 1080p and 720p, however, when faced with the choice of A or B, people with choose whatever is perceived to be better. Furthermore, the sales staff at your AT&T's, Verizon's etc, the people BlackBerry should really be focusing on, need to buy into what BlackBerry is selling. If they don't, the A10 will be a repeat of the Z10 and that is a sales failure. A very easy way to help sell the A10, is to give it best in class specs - 1080p resolution, 4gb of RAM, quad core and a mid-teen MP camera. Anything below this puts it on par with the current S5 and will therefore be perceived to be inferior and it will not sell. Disagree all you want, the people who end up losing are the ones who want BlackBerry to succeed.
    07-29-13 01:11 PM
    What this guy said^^

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 01:27 PM

The Z10 has already been released. At this point the A10 is looking more and more like a very slightly bumped Z10, giving them no significant leap ahead of the competition.
    07-29-13 06:17 PM
    It will sell worse then the Z10.

Sorry to say.....

Using a BlackBerry Z10 ** OS:10.1.0.4651
    I agree.. This device will have no competitive advantage over the competition.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    07-29-13 06:23 PM
    The conservative thinking that they don't have to compete in the specs department will help nothing but dragging them down to the mud. That thinking is outdated. They have to at least pack the A10 with decent specs for it to get noticed in a sea of monster phones out there. But oh well, remember the ex CEO said something like " nobody can type on a touch screen ". That is the reason BB fell behind so fast and so bad. No top notch specs? At least something worth for people to upgrade /buy. An average consumer with no technical knowledge will only listen to the fancy words sale reps spit out about how this phone has this super screen an that phone has "a lot" of cores. They only think that the higher the numbers the better

I once listen to a customer choose between a Samsung tab and an asus tf201 or something. Those two tabs are pretty much the same but Asus has Corning Gorilla glass. She actually believed the glass is bullet proof and "Unbreakable "so she bought the ASus tab. The reality is harsh, BlackBerry, please wake up fast
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    07-30-13 12:40 AM
    What the troll dose not know is that a majority of the higher ups at Verizon carry BlackBerrys....
    Me thinks that you must not know many higher ups at Verizon.

Every single Verizon Wireless executive I've met has carried the same brand of smartphone. Can you guess which one it is? Here is a hint, it is Verizon's own personal brand of smartphone. That's right, they carry DROIDs. All of them that I have met so far have. I went to a M2M conference hosted by Verizon and literally every single Verizon employee there had a DROID, Different models, but they were all DROIDs. Reason being? It is Verizon's own line of smartphones. It is like they don't even get a choice, they all get DROIDs.

Maybe the higher ups are just embarrassed and kept their BlackBerry in their pocket, but the entire time I was at that event I didn't see a single BlackBerry phone except my own.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    07-30-13 02:29 AM
    BlackBerry is about to fall flat on their faces with the Z30

Posted via CB10
    I hope I don't fall flat on my face when I go buy this awesome phone on December 1st when I'm up for a renewal.
    08-06-13 10:51 PM
    Two problems

Even tech nerds know quad core is not necessary.

Due to this, high end specs are meaningless.

You'd really need a crazy phone to make people look at the z30.

Unless it has 4gb of memory, 64 gb storage with two sd card slots and onto core, hardware will not matter.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 11:47 AM
    It's cool seeing so many people worked up about a phone that hasn't been released yet. I love the passion forum members share about this platform. I think the Z30 is going to be a beast. Side by side spec comparisons aren't going to win it a lot of competitions so BlackBerry is really going to have to do a phenomenal job educating the public through well placed and informative adds. Show the phone and what it does better than other phones. It's just that simple. Like the kid that does the "Why I Hate My Z10" videos. I think they're brilliant. They're light hearted, but they show a few of the advantages the Z10 has over other phones. I hope he gets his hands on the Z30 and makes another video.

http://m.crackberry.com/why-i-still-hate-blackberry-z10

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    Last edited by 3_M4N; 08-07-13 at 10:16 PM.
    08-07-13 10:05 PM
    Joe Bob will buy whatever his sister Billie Bob tells him is cool. His mom Barb Bob and his dad Bob Bob both use androids. Joe Bob has to buy something today because the VZW rep serving him today is Bobbie Joe, the Joe sister with straight teeth, at least the ones that are left. What does he do? Discuss specs? No, Bobbie is looking fine today in her jean skirt and redwing boots. He asks her to see "one of those Otterbox phones", poor Joe Bob, his chances with Bobbie Joe are declining rapidly. His wingman Jonny Bob to the rescue! " isn't THIS what youre looking for?" he says holding a Z10. Joe looks at Jonny, Jonny looks at Bobbie, Bobbie smiles at Joe, Joe says "I'll take it!!" Bobbie stacks up all the accessories Joe buys them all, and just to put a fine point on it, reaches over and grabs the latest issue of iPhone Monthly and pretends to read it as he is walking out the door. Jonny stays behind, he is heard to say to Bobbie "I didn't know you worked at this store, mom."
    End of story.
    You win all the internets.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    08-07-13 10:06 PM
    Even tech nerds know quad core is not necessary.

Due to this, high end specs are meaningless.
    I think the Z30 is going to be a beast. Side by side spec comparisons aren't going to win it a lot of competitions so BlackBerry is really going to have to do a phenomenal job educating the public through well placed and informative adds.
    This forum never ceases to amaze me...
    08-07-13 10:23 PM
    Phone is going to be a flop. 8MP camera and dual core processor. Yeah that looks so friggin enticing...

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 07:46 AM
    z30 is another z10 with a bigger screen. Why z30, you ask?

1- A bigger screen.
    2-A bigger battery.
    3- A bigger GPU.
    08-08-13 10:36 AM
    BlackBerry has never understood or designed for the consumer market. It is not in their culture to do so. So they have to change their corporate culture, which is very hard to do, or be very good at a specialized niche with low volume and high margins. Security appears to be that niche at this time.

To turn their vision of QNX as the desktop replacement OS of the future, they will have to stop deceiving themselves and address their cuture problem. Selling the company may be the best way forward.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:21 AM
270 ... 91011