Over at my sister in-laws on Easter weekend with the family. Father in-law shows up with a CD full of pictures from a previous event. The disc is put into the PS3 for an HDTV slide show but the disc isn't recognized.

Put the disc into their iMac and it opens fine, but getting a slide show going is escaping them. They've never done it from a CD before on a Mac. Even if they got it going, no one wants to stand by the computer desk to see these pictures when everyone is comfortable in the living room.

I clear my throat, whipped out my Z30 and said, "Let me do it."

Wireless connect to the iMac and copy the pictures over to my Z30. Turn on Media Server on my BlackBerry and connect to their PS3. Using the PS3, browse to my BlackBerry, photo folder and start slide show. Worked perfectly.

A household full of iPhone users were very impressed. I took a bow and showed them the BlackBerry that made it all possible. They all shrugged their shoulders and carried on. Oh well. I'll take the win.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 10:30 AM
    . They all shrugged their shoulders and carried on.

Posted via CB10
    They probably thought you were a Sith Lord.
    04-24-14 10:34 AM
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    04-24-14 11:14 AM
    They were too ashamed to comment, I get the same thing

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:36 PM
    I realized that people don't like show offs and gloaters. You have to be humble about it to entice their interest.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:53 PM
    I think most people simply don't care about phones all that much. Everyone has things they use everyday that they don't care about. Each person has a set of interests and for many a phone is not one of them. For others it may be pens, or cars or TV etc etc. Each of those things listed have their own strong followers

Posted via my Z30
    alan510 likes this.
    04-24-14 07:54 PM
    Nice! I always love a heart warming story like this! Next blow them away with Glympse on BBM they didn't even know that they had...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 08:03 PM
    I think most people simply don't care about phones all that much. Everyone has things they use everyday that they don't care about. Each person has a set of interests and for many a phone is not one of them. For others it may be pens, or cars or TV etc etc. Each of those things listed have their own strong followers

Posted via my Z30
    Pens? Cars and TV's I get, but pens? Each to their own I guess! ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    04-24-14 08:24 PM
    Each person has a set of interests and for many a phone is not one of them. For others it may be pens, or cars or TV etc etc. Each of those things listed have their own strong followers

Posted via my Z30
    I disagree. Etc is listed and ever body knows etc has no strong followers.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 10:30 PM
    I disagree. Etc is listed and ever body knows etc has no strong followers.

Posted via CB10
    Unless it's 'Erotica' abbreviated. Very strong following, that...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 11:50 PM