Hi,

I have a Z30, and often need a decent GPS for when I'm out and about on foot (particularly in Central London).

When I had a Z10, I used M8, which gave me the option to sat nav. my way by either road or by foot, and it was excellent. However, altho' BBWorld says otherwise, M8 doesn't work on the Z30 (I have contacted the dev's and they have confirmed this). Obviously I have the stock BB Maps, which is fine in a car, as is Mireo or other like GPS's, but the only decent one that I've found that is essentialy as good for walking as by road is the Google Map APK, and although this works fine to an extent, the actual display when doing a point A-B route constantly turns in one direction making it very difficult to follow - I have calibrated the GPS via the stock compass, but this doesn't seem to help).

Any ideas appreciated.
    04-28-14 07:46 AM
    It is the level of detail specifically you're after?
    04-28-14 09:35 AM
    It is the level of detail specifically you're after?
    Not particularly - just a sat nav that has walking as an option really. TBH, anything would have more detail from a POI view than BBMaps. I'm gonna try MapFactor via Google Play to see how that works.
    04-28-14 09:40 AM
    I know the apps seem to vary from country site to site, but on the USA app site (BBerry) there is an app called "GPS maps free that has a bicycle setting. Just trying it today, so not sure how good it is.

But the maps device I usually use is Magellan. But I understand that will stop working on 10.3.
    Last edited by scrannel; 04-28-14 at 10:19 AM.
    Stwutter likes this.
    04-28-14 10:08 AM
    Haven't tested this but Copilot may work on the Z30. It's free if you only download one map region eg UK and Ireland.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    04-28-14 04:35 PM