Does anyone know if the BlackBerry Z30 from Bell Mobility in Canada would be compatible with AT&T if I unlock it?

I've looked at the one from GSM Nation, and it's compatible with AT&T except for their LTE network, but I'm looking for one that's compatible with AT&T's 2G/3G/4G/LTE networks.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    11-02-13 03:45 AM
    Does anyone know if the BlackBerry Z30 from Bell Mobility in Canada would be compatible with AT&T if I unlock it?

I've looked at the one from GSM Nation, and it's compatible with AT&T except for their LTE network, but I'm looking for one that's compatible with AT&T's 2G/3G/4G/LTE networks.

Hi! Welcome to CB!!! When I asked about this, several folks told me that Rogers was the one to get. Are you committed to getting it from Bell Mobility for a specific reason?
    11-02-13 06:03 AM
    Check out this useful Stickie...has models/frequency support with carriers.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/

Updated: BTW I'm with Bell and have STA100--5
    11-02-13 11:46 AM
    Hi! Welcome to CB!!! When I asked about this, several folks told me that Rogers was the one to get. Are you committed to getting it from Bell Mobility for a specific reason?
    Rogers, bell, and Telus all use the STA100-5 they are all the same

Posted from my Z30.
    11-02-13 11:53 AM
    No, but when I looked up the frequencies that AT&T uses, those frequencies are the same that Bell uses (including LTE). Rogers frequencies were the same except for LTE. From what I understand AT&T uses a 700MHz frequency for LTE, and I haven't been able to find any Z30s except for Bell's that support that frequency. All the other frequencies that AT&T uses (3G/4G, Edge, etc.) are 850Mhz, which almost every variant I've looked at seems to be compatible with that frequency. Finding one that works on AT&T's LTE frequency is the problem.

11-02-13 11:56 AM
    No, but when I looked up the frequencies that AT&T uses, those frequencies are the same that Bell uses (including LTE). Rogers frequencies were the same except for LTE. From what I understand AT&T uses a 700MHz frequency for LTE, and I haven't been able to find any Z30s except for Bell's that support that frequency. All the other frequencies that AT&T uses (3G/4G, Edge, etc.) are 850Mhz, which almost every variant I've looked at seems to be compatible with that frequency. Finding one that works on AT&T's LTE frequency is the problem.

Looking at the frequencies AT&T have posted for the Z10 online it looks like it matches with a couple of the Cdn carriers so you should be fine with Bell if you're looking to buy here and bring to US and use on AT&T.
    11-02-13 06:59 PM
    I think that all of the Canadian Carriers are selling STA100-5 devices.

I have an unlocked Telus Z30 running fine on T-Mobile in New York. When I do a Manual Network scan to find other networks, I see AT&T's 4G and GSM networks but not any AT&T LTE network. My house has spotty AT&T coverage so this may affect what I see. But, I would assume that the STA100-5's will not get AT&T LTE.
    11-03-13 06:25 AM
    I have 100-2 on AT&T I get 4G but not LTE. To be honest it's super fast and without the LTE I get even better battery life. I got mine on ebay from a guy in NY. He has plenty on hand.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 07:05 AM