Has anyone else experienced this?

Friend using his Z30 BBM Video calls me (also on Z30). I can NOT hear him as the sound is almost at Zero yet he can hear me loud and clear by giving me the thumbs up when I write on a piece of paper if he can hear me.

I have my mother in-law (Z10) BBM video call me and we both cam see and hear each other loud and clear. I ask her to hang up and I do the same. Again...everything loud and clear.

I BBM video call my wife on her Z30. Again all loud and clear. I ask her to BBM video call me back to make sure that it works both ways. Video perfect, audio is loud and clear.

Tried again with my friend by initiating the BBM video call. He can both see and hear me loudly and clearly. I on the other hand can see him but can't hear him.

When we just call each other...audio is perfect meaning the microphone is in fact working in his Z30

We're completely perplexed as to why I can't hear him when he BBM video calls me.

This issue has not changed on 10.2.1 and now 10.3.1 on his Z30

Any suggestions from the Crack Berry community?

 BlackBerry Z30 smartphone on Telus Network
    03-09-15 01:54 PM
    Sounds like it is on his end. Find out if there's any third party software - Call Recorder type software??? Or other software that might us the mic.
    03-09-15 04:40 PM
    Sounds like it is on his end. Find out if there's any third party software - Call Recorder type software??? Or other software that might us the mic.
    I'm not sure. Will ask him later this evening. Knowing him though....he's very basic and doesn't really install apps other than what's already factory installed. I'll ask him though. If anything else...at the most he's got Android Instagram and a Golf GPS app for finding distance to greens /pin flags etc...

 BlackBerry Z30 smartphone on Telus Network
    03-09-15 07:45 PM