Hi I have got a very strange issue. While using BBM video chat the other party is not able to hear my audio. But if I use voice chat rather than video chat the other party can hear my audio. Please anyone can assist on resolving this issue.
    11-14-15 01:27 PM
    I don't know if you have tried a reboot/restart but you can give that a try. Also to provide more background, what OS are you using and is BBM updated fully? To show OS, Main Settings, About, use the dropdown menu and select OS.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above

Good luck
    11-14-15 02:25 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:46 AM
    Dear F2, Thank you for the reply to my question , it is my first one in CB. So I do not know how to reply to your answer hence I am posting this message.(finally managed to get reply to the thread by installing CB app)

The reboot did not work. Am using BlackBerry Z30 with BB10 OS version 10.3.2.2639 Software release 10.3.2.2474.

Let me give a background of this problem, I noticed this problem when the software was updated from 10.1 to 10.2. I checked with BlackBerryHelp in Twitter, they said to contact with the Mobile service provider in Tanzania which is Airtel with whom I contacted and they said as this phone was brought over the counter than on a contract they could not do anything. So literally I am stuck.

I would really appreciate if you could help me out on this issue.

Thanking you in advance.
    Domsons

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 03:47 AM
    I will have to admit that I've never used BBM video or audio chat, only the text versions. I don't know why audio chat works but you lose the audio when using the full video chat. Have you tried video chat with another person? Maybe the problem is on the other end or has this persisted with other people, too.

I was hoping someone else might also answer this thread. Maybe someone still will.
    11-15-15 09:24 AM
    Dear F2

Well I think yes I will wait for some one to respond and then see. Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks anyway.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 11:20 AM
    Hi I have got a very strange issue. While using BBM video chat the other party is not able to hear my audio. But if I use voice chat rather than video chat the other party can hear my audio. Please anyone can assist on resolving this issue.
    Hi OP, few questions for you.

1) When you're using BBM video do you place it on speaker phone? I doubt that's the problem but I'm just trying to gauge how you're using BBM video.

2) Have you tried searching on the forum how to update you BB10 to 10.3? This might resolve your issue.

3) Download BBVE: BlackBerry Virtual Environment app to test out all the components within your phone. This will eliminate the issue as being hardware related.

3) Complete a soft reset on your device.
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000002141

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-16-15 07:12 AM
    Hi OP, few questions for you.

1) When you're using BBM video do you place it on speaker phone? I doubt that's the problem but I'm just trying to gauge how you're using BBM video.

2) Have you tried searching on the forum how to update you BB10 to 10.3? This might resolve your issue.

3) Download BBVE: BlackBerry Virtual Environment app to test out all the components within your phone. This will eliminate the issue as being hardware related.

3) Complete a soft reset on your device.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Dear Carmel

Thank you for the reply. Answers to your query below

1) Yes when I use BBM Video it is on speaker phone

2) I have updated to 10.3 but still the issue remains.

3) I have checked with BBVE, so far it has not shown an issues.

4) Also done the soft boot but the problem still remains

:-(

Thank you for responding.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:54 PM
    My wife was in Philippines last month (me in Canada) and we came across this a couple times. It seems to be related to the home wifi or the Philippines internet carrier she was using.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-18-15 08:24 AM
    My wife was in Philippines last month (me in Canada) and we came across this a couple times. It seems to be related to the home wifi or the Philippines internet carrier she was using.
    Was just going to ask about your connection, how good is it? How is the speed? Had a similar problem using Skype on 5m data plan, and was worse on WiFi, kept dropping audio. Haven't tried again for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 11:55 PM
    Sometimes the method of updating can be the route cause. If all else fails, back up your device and re-install the OS. Keep in mind that you will need to know your BBID and password because of the version you are currently on.
    11-29-15 04:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 06:37 AM
    Was just going to ask about your connection, how good is it? How is the speed? Had a similar problem using Skype on 5m data plan, and was worse on WiFi, kept dropping audio. Haven't tried again for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    Here in the frozen north my wifi is about 30Mbs at best. I have no idea what the Philippines rate is as the wife isn't exactly tech savy.
    She did talk to her sister in law for quite a while last night with no issues.
    11-29-15 08:00 AM
    The phones at both ends of the bbm video chat need a good solid 3-5 mbps for a bbm video chat, 5-10 mbps and you're golden.

You really should just download the update to 10.3.2xxx. They have fixed a lot of issues in the earlier versions.

So an up-to-date OS and a good strong wifi or LTE or H+ should resolve any issues you're having.

Maybe there's a coffee shop nearby that will let you do a large download like an OS update for free if you buy a coffee.

Plus, before any of that, you should run the BBVE app suggested earlier.
    12-01-15 01:04 AM
    First of all thanks a lot for all to giving a helping hand.

I have re-installed the OS and updated to 10.3.2. Still I am facing the same issue.

But one thing I just now noticed I installed Skype in order to do Video chat. There also I am facing the same issue when using Video chat the other party is not able to hear my voice. Again if it is just a voice chat it is fine.

This is quite ridiculous.

Thanks again for all your help.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 09:37 AM
    I have re-installed the OS and updated to 10.3.2. Still I am facing the same issue.

But one thing I just now noticed I installed Skype in order to do Video chat. There also I am facing the same issue when using Video chat the other
    Is it possible to try someone else's WiFi network?

I've had video chat's between the states and the RSA and not seen that issue.
    12-10-15 10:36 AM