Anyone else having issues with channel notifications not working, I've tried hard resets and all but can't seem to get it working please help

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 04:02 PM
    What notifications?

Like new posts appearing in your Updates tab?

I haven't been having any issues today. Had before, but an update fixed it.
    11-01-13 04:05 PM
    Previous builds I would get the spark in my BBM hub but now nothing but there are still new things to be seen. Not sure what's up with it

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 04:17 PM
    Wait...you got notifications in The Hub?
    11-01-13 05:49 PM
    I never got notifications in the hub and I don't think I will want that anyway. Even in BBM channels I disabled the notification settings

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 05:52 PM
    Same issue for me but also new issue on latest update, I can't see any chats in groups I haven't created

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 09:47 PM
    If you are talking about the pop up messages, then go into settings notifications. Then toggle on and off instant previews.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:09 PM
    Last night for the first time ever I got a channel notification in the hub! Only one. No idea why. Can't find any setting for such notifications, nor and hub setting to include or exclude it from the general hub. It does have its own bbm channel icon however. Anyone know how to configure it so it either does or does not send these notifications? Seems like it would at least have to be added to the hub list of accounts...?

Update: it does appear in the bbm hub list, but also in the main hub because I have bbm display on. I believe there should be an option to turn channel notifications off, or better, choose per channel if you want them. If I subscribe to 20 channels and they all issue frequent updates that can be a lot of notifications! I might want to be notified about one or two channels that I am particularly interested in however.
    02-20-14 11:18 AM
    I believe it currently works this way:

What will always appear in the hub:
    - comments on posts made by you
    -direct replies to comments you have made anywhere on bbm channels

What you can change currently:
    - long press on a channel you are sub'd to and choose the star. This favorites the channel so that you receive hub notifications when that channel adds a new post.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 12:44 PM
    Thanks for that! I didn't think I had any channel tagged as a favorite but I guess I tried once and forgot to remove it
    dusdal likes this.
    02-20-14 03:20 PM