I wish BlackBerry had taken more of the guts of the keyboard from swiftkey, we lobbied hard for a wider keyboard and smaller return key so that one wouldn't always be hitting the period key (it was resized smaller too) on the swiftkey forums for a god reason.
    Long pressing to get numbers is a lot better than long pressing to get capitals or switching screens to get special characters. It would nice if long press provided a quick flip list of options. Also stop auto correcting "but" to "hut" drives me mental.just.like.hitting.the.period.instead.of.the .spacebar.does
    05-24-14 04:25 AM
    I wish BlackBerry had taken more of the guts of the keyboard from swiftkey, we lobbied hard for a wider keyboard and smaller return key so that one wouldn't always be hitting the period key (it was resized smaller too) on the swiftkey forums for a god reason.
    Long pressing to get numbers is a lot better than long pressing to get capitals or switching screens to get special characters. It would nice if long press provided a quick flip list of options. Also stop auto correcting "but" to "hut" drives me mental.just.like.hitting.the.period.instead.of.the .spacebar.does
    You're doing it wrong.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 07:24 AM
    You do realise that swiping from top of keyboard to the bottom will toggle between alphabets to numeric to special symbol and back to alphabets, do you?

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    05-24-14 07:28 AM
    Your likes and dislikes are subjective. I prefer to long press for a capitals and special characters and a quick swipe down for numbers. As for the space bar, I can't say that I've hit the period by accident. It's a pretty large target. My only gripe is some of the auto correct and the "send" key being so close to the period.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 07:28 AM
    Yes I know I'm doing it wrong, lol. Swiping down for numbers works for 1 number, you want more you either swipe again or hit the numbers button.
    As for the space bar it is large, but, in my opinion not large enough. The send key could be half the size it is, same as the numbers key, which would make the space bar a button I don't need to reach for. And I have large hands. On the z10 it's less of an issue as the device is smaller. With the 30 though it is noticeably different.
    I would definitely prefer long press for numbers and special characters over capitals being the first choice as I seldom need to capitalize words mid sentence, but I often need to numbers and symbols. It would be a great option to offer.
    05-24-14 12:16 PM