I have had a BB Z30 since November. It is a device I have purchased from a private seller, brand new unopened unlocked Z30. I got Cricket for my services provider, which is the AT&T network, and Cricket is just the "prepaid" no-frills version of AT&T. It worked perfectly under the BB10.2 OS, and was a wonderfully performing phone. I was really happy with it. Just this week on Thursday, I got my "BB10.3 OS upgrade" message. It took about 3 hours to download and install on the slower hotel wifi. It was rebooted and WOW, fast, cool, and nice, and 2 hours later the phone does not work and I have a white box with "Device Pin Blocked". At this time I could still receive calls, but not place any or even access anything on the phone. The white box stated to call the "services provider", which I did. I went to a Cricket outlet and they changed the SIMM card and nothing happened. The PIN is on the phone, so "who blocked it". It was either Cricket or BB. My phone has NO locks on it or PIN access, it was OPEN.

In the current modem, it is a total dead brick. I did NOTHING to the settings and there is no personal PIN to "put in ten times" to lock it and reset it. The only thing this phone can do now is call 911.

The phone has been in MY possession Since November when I took it out of the factory sealed box. The phone was only in my possession on my hip in a holster or in my hand from before the upgrade until after the upgrade until the error box showed it's ugly face.

TODAY: I have been on the phone being played as "customer ping pong" between Cricket and BB. 3 calls to BB, 4 calls to Cricket. I talked to about 9 different product support/customer service employees, and most all were very nice, especially Marcella from Cricket and Gearld from BB, he answers for the BB Porsche CS. BB requires an "escalation", for them to even look at it. After 6 hours of this stuff, finally we are going to have a three way phone call with BB, Cricket, and myself, to see what can be done. All along the way though, I got the usual corporate "roadblocks" we need this code, that code, our process is this, and all to work on the "customer" to make them stop asking questions. I was watching the Incredible's during this, and it was when BOB was getting chewed on by his boss for the way the customers were "penetrating the bureaucracy". Weird and well timed!

Folks, this is a phone that was reported wither lost or stolen by a software glitch, either by the network or the manufacturer. Do they actually back their products, or do they want you to just buy a new phone? Either way, it is time for these flippin' businesses to either get to business or get off the toilet. IF this phone was originally stolen, in the box, then shame on me, and I will personally take a hammer to it on my driveway, and buy a new Z30, and apologize on here. IF there is no indication of theft, and I know damn sure it is not stolen from me or lost by me, then it is a PRODUCT LIABILITY problem, and BB needs to BACK UP THEIR FLIPPING PRODUCT!!! This was initiated by the BB 10.3 OS update. The phone was fine and USEABLE before that. With the auto update as recommended by BB then this is THEIR screwup.

IS BB now like windows 8.1??? Always unfinished, always updating, and the updates do more damage than the glitches they were supposed to fix???? THIS is the technology "high water mark"????

If the phone is proven not stolen, not lost, and it is all software glitches, and is NOT FIXED BY BB: I will take a hammer to it, and will post this story everywhere I can to spread the word of their product support and product stability issues and software, and to avoid BB and Cricket like the plague. If these people are going to play these stupid games with technology, then they deserve to die (metaphorically) a hideous business death. They collect all this information, certainly they can then use it to verify and fix their faulty product or faulty software updates. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one.

If they fix it, I will sing their praises. And post that here as well.

All those outcomes are earned, the last one by good companies. The first one, lesson learned, and the "internal controls" worked. Find the bad guy then, by tracing origin of phone.. The second one, bad news. Those are two companies that do not care about any of their "sold" products,nor their customer or their data. If they don't care about your phone do e you think they care of the sanctity of your data? Once sold, you will be punished for being a customer.

Responsibility and accountability. I can accept my loss and being an *****, and will take it lake a man should. But this new business model of the "great runaround" is Marx Brothers meets technology. Do we have anyone doing "good business" here in the US anymore???
    Last edited by TexasBBboy; 02-27-15 at 07:59 PM.
    02-27-15 07:49 PM
    Good luck with ascertaining the truth and getting it resolved, hopefully, in your favor.

Not making excuses but I guess you upgrading it might have triggered some serial number (imei) check that triggered this.

Again, good luck.
    02-27-15 08:06 PM
    Yeah, F2. IF that is the case, then as I said "shame on me" from trying to be cheap a hundred bills. The imei check is one thing that would justify this. But that is about the only thing. How does an "upgrade" work for a little while, then totally destroy the function of the phone?
    02-27-15 08:14 PM
    Some relevant threads found via "blackberry device pin blocked":

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-807176/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...locked-830433/
    blackberry device pin blocked - BlackBerry Empire

Consensus seems to be the phone was somehow reported as lost/stolen by the carrier and BlackBerry was told to block it.
    02-27-15 08:34 PM
    I really don't know how those checks occur.

I purchased my Z30 privately but I met the seller at a Verizon store and would not hand over the money until they confirmed the phone was legitimate.

Again, hopefully, it will work out.
    phill57 likes this.
    02-27-15 09:58 PM
    Well "whoever" blocked the device had to do so for a reason, and as such should be able to "explain" "why". So either Criket or BB blocked the device PIN. And it is either a software glitch, OR it is a software mistake buried in the BB10.3 update. There is another thread where the same thing happened too.

So my thinking is it is not me.

If anyone else is having this error, lease post here.
    02-28-15 09:41 AM
    Wow are you mad? Honestly I would be too!! Here is what I'd advise you to do. If it's a Verizon original phone you can contact them first to see what's up and if nothing try contacting BlackBerry NA. I'm sure your issue will be resolved favourably. I know the email for BlackBerry is [email protected] and if you need the phone number let me know. I don't think they answer calls on weekends but sure you will get them on Monday morning. There's also a helpful link on twitter which is quite responsive. BlackBerryhelp@BlackBerryhelp is the twitter account.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:08 AM
    I am mad at me for buying the phone the way I did, but I become incensed when I get the runaround. These phones are not magical, they are technology. As such it can self report, and be tracked..... accurately. Almost ALL companies want to cover up problems and not own up. Since the pinto and edsel and asbestos, companies try to disenfranchise the customer even when it is their product.

Technology is supposed to have fixed this, but we keep getting ever fragile and error ridden software. Windows 8.1 always "updating" anyone??? How does a technology company have such a poor grasp of the obvious. It is exactly that reason I went to BB, not the fan boy crapple or the less secure android/rotten fruit "products" sent our to the unknowing masses.

BB is also playing the "deny, delay, defend", by making this so onerous most will give up.

I have news for them, and an FCC complaint is coming if they do not explain this fully, and fix this problem.

One of the reasons for this thread, is to get the message out, AND to establish and document the process of wading through CS of a tech company that makes communications devices.

I also think they knew about this, and they need to come clean. Shouldn't others be protected? Most consumers do not think to escalate this to the FCC. BB and any other company HAS to obey the law.
    02-28-15 11:30 AM
    You have my sympathy. It's maddening when a vastly superior product like a Z30 product is undercut by a combination of a faulty 'upgrade' and a manufacturer whose policy seems to be just to "throw upgrades over the wall" and then fail to provide support. My wife and I both have Z30 phones from Verizon Wireless. I selected the Z30 based on the almost uniform 5-star reviews on Amazon, Verizon Wireless and Rogers. The OS 10.3.1 release from Verizon has been much delayed so I thought that the software would be available shortly after the Release Notes were published. This seems to be the case for Canadian carriers but is definitely not true for Verizon. I hope that Verizon is waiting for the reported problems to be ironed out so they don't subject their subscribers to the troubles that are being reported plus the abysmal lack of support by BlackBerry. At any rate, I think that we'll wait for the smoke to clear so we don't find our phones to be expensive paperweights!
    Last edited by Donald Ward; 02-28-15 at 01:05 PM.
    02-28-15 12:38 PM
    If your problem was widespread, I would say that you'd have a case against BlackBerry, but it's not. You bought your phone from some unknown source, so that means you don't have a recourse with them. If you did, then you would have definitely gone back to them already. If your phone was previously stolen or lost, it's not BlackBerry's responsibility to unlock it for you. That basically sets up a system for rampant stealing of BlackBerry phones since whoever steals the phone can always ring up BlackBerry to unlock the device. Do you not see a problem in that?

A bunch of people have updated their Z30, myself included, and we haven't experienced this Device Pin Blocked problem. It's not strictly the update or lack of testing, as you're insinuating. I tried to help you by providing some links, but you've lost my sympathy in the situation because of your insistance that your problem is somehow all on BlackBerry when you have no proof what-so-ever. How do you know for a fact that your unopened Z30 hadn't been stolen from a store/some customer/in transit? You might have just been lucky up until the update, which enforced the device lock.
    02-28-15 07:43 PM
    Us AT&T users still have not received our update....I think I may not want to now...lot of unhappy campers out there. Hopefully I will have my new update by the time I pay off the phone or trade it in for a new one. Not so sure I go back to Blackberry. I have a Z10 and I am concerned about the slow updates that come out.
    03-01-15 01:25 AM
    Us AT&T users still have not received our update....I think I may not want to now...lot of unhappy campers out there. Hopefully I will have my new update by the time I pay off the phone or trade it in for a new one. Not so sure I go back to Blackberry. I have a Z10 and I am concerned about the slow updates that come out.
    You're worried about bugs and worried about updates coming out slowly? Less bugs means more testing, which means slower updates. What do you want?

AT&T's slow deployment is AT&T's fault. Other carriers have been releasing quick.
    guido68 and Carl Estes like this.
    03-01-15 05:04 AM
    The Z10 is an ancient phone now,albeit a very good one---I am sure it has served you well....might be time to upgrade the phone next opportunity
    03-01-15 06:29 AM
    Well said
    03-03-15 12:15 PM
    If your problem was widespread, I would say that you'd have a case against BlackBerry, but it's not. You bought your phone from some unknown source, so that means you don't have a recourse with them. If you did, then you would have definitely gone back to them already. If your phone was previously stolen or lost, it's not BlackBerry's responsibility to unlock it for you. That basically sets up a system for rampant stealing of BlackBerry phones since whoever steals the phone can always ring up BlackBerry to unlock the device. Do you not see a problem in that?

A bunch of people have updated their Z30, myself included, and we haven't experienced this Device Pin Blocked problem. It's not strictly the update or lack of testing, as you're insinuating. I tried to help you by providing some links, but you've lost my sympathy in the situation because of your insistance that your problem is somehow all on BlackBerry when you have no proof what-so-ever. How do you know for a fact that your unopened Z30 hadn't been stolen from a store/some customer/in transit? You might have just been lucky up until the update, which enforced the device lock.
    Well said
    03-03-15 12:17 PM

Read my first post in total, then comment please. The phone is not locked, the device PIN identifier is blocked by Blackberry infrastructure. My hunch is it was either PIN blocked by a software malfunction during upload as a glitch with a handshake with the service provider or it was stone in transit or from the RIMM warehouse, as it was in all the new packaging, shrink wrap and hologram sticker seals. Others have experienced the same as I, and the Z10 had some of the same problems on the upgrade, so I really don't care about your anecdotal data the people you know are not having problems, does not mean there are no problems. WOW! Blackberry I think is going to remove the block. According to the Stolen Phone rule that all carriers and cellphone makers all agreed to (April 2010), they cannot activate a stolen phone, AND they have to keep a database of all stolen phones. My phone ws new in the packaging, so IF stolen, it was from the shipper or the BB/RIMM warehouse in Mexico. That is a problem because they would have had to self report those stolen phone, and never should have activated it. The Pins are all supposed to be checked at activation. It is a MOU in court. Just google it.

As for the "we suspect it stolen" so it is, is nonsense. They have to prove it. If the phone IS stolen, and proves so, I personally will destroy it with my hammer and buy a new Z30 and apologize here to blackberry. Again, READ the first post. However you are wrong, no carrier or maker can "assume" your phone is stolen, PIN block and then give you the Customer Service Runaround. They have to have good faith due diligence that the phone is stolen, otherwise they are stealing YOU phone, or modifying it without your permission.

They can't do it. Read the FCC regs on Cellular and wireless communication handsets. Under that set of regulations they have to prove with in reason it is stolen. An error message and handshake problem between the carrier and service provider does not meet this burden. And YES, if ANY cell phone maker PIN blocks your device for no good reason you have an actionable complaint.

I can bet the legal and the FCC investigation will cost more than the cell phone provider just fixing or giving you a new phone.

These ARE FCC regulated devices and have to conform to a set of legal parameters for customer protection and privacy. So making a device useless could be a de facto making a customer buy a new phone, which is a legal device of defraud, forcing the customer to purchase a new phone by illegally rendering a "good phone" useless. Can't do that, it is theft by deception.
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    03-03-15 05:52 PM
    Read my first post in total, then comment please. The phone is not locked, the device PIN identifier is blocked by Blackberry infrastructure. My hunch is it was either PIN blocked by a software malfunction during upload as a glitch with a handshake with the service provider or it was stone in transit or from the RIMM warehouse, as it was in all the new packaging, shrink wrap and hologram sticker seals. Others have experienced the same as I, and the Z10 had some of the same problems on the upgrade, so I really don't care about your anecdotal data the people you know are not having problems, does not mean there are no problems. WOW! Blackberry I think is going to remove the block. According to the Stolen Phone rule that all carriers and cellphone makers all agreed to (April 2010), they cannot activate a stolen phone, AND they have to keep a database of all stolen phones. My phone ws new in the packaging, so IF stolen, it was from the shipper or the BB/RIMM warehouse in Mexico. That is a problem because they would have had to self report those stolen phone, and never should have activated it. The Pins are all supposed to be checked at activation. It is a MOU in court. Just google it.

As for the "we suspect it stolen" so it is, is nonsense. They have to prove it. If the phone IS stolen, and proves so, I personally will destroy it with my hammer and buy a new Z30 and apologize here to blackberry. Again, READ the first post. However you are wrong, no carrier or maker can "assume" your phone is stolen, PIN block and then give you the Customer Service Runaround. They have to have good faith due diligence that the phone is stolen, otherwise they are stealing YOU phone, or modifying it without your permission.

They can't do it. Read the FCC regs on Cellular and wireless communication handsets. Under that set of regulations they have to prove with in reason it is stolen. An error message and handshake problem between the carrier and service provider does not meet this burden. And YES, if ANY cell phone maker PIN blocks your device for no good reason you have an actionable complaint.

I can bet the legal and the FCC investigation will cost more than the cell phone provider just fixing or giving you a new phone.

These ARE FCC regulated devices and have to conform to a set of legal parameters for customer protection and privacy. So making a device useless could be a de facto making a customer buy a new phone, which is a legal device of defraud, forcing the customer to purchase a new phone by illegally rendering a "good phone" useless. Can't do that, it is theft by deception.
    "My hunch is it was either PIN blocked by a software malfunction during upload as a glitch with a handshake with the service provider."

I did a Google search "blackberry z10 pin blocked 10.3.1" and didn't find anything about Z10's getting Device Pin Blocked en mass. Where did you find your anecdotal evidence?

From what I understand of what you wrote, you're saying that BlackBerry, and your carrier, should have device blocked your phone from day one (instead of letting you use it), and because they didn't, they /have/ to unlock it now? It sounds like you're leveraging on a technicality. Did they, or didn't they, find a record of your device being marked as lost/stolen? That's not clear.

Why, exactly, would BlackBerry, and/or your carrier, want to device lock your Z30 and then want to give you the customer support runaround? What's the motivation there? Why you? Are you paying for the support calls? Or did you call a toll free number and talk to reps at BlackBerry/Cricket at their expense?

This is what we know: Your Z30 is device pin locked. Device pin locks are usually a result of the device being reported lost/stolen. Could it have been a software glitch? Undetermined, as so far, you're the only person who's reported that the upgrade caused your device pin lock, on a hunch. Could it have been someone else who reported the Z30 as stolen? The chain of possession of your device is unknown. Who could have gained knowledge of the serial number of your device? You, your carrier, BlackBerry, and who else? The private party, is one. Can you contact the private party and ask them if they accidentally reported your Z30 lost/stolen when they meant to report another Z30 they might have had?

If you've convinced BlackBerry to unlock it, as you've stated in your first paragraph, then no problem. Move on with your life.
    Carl Estes and nolimits7 like this.
    03-03-15 06:29 PM
    Remember BlackBerry has released the os- it is in the carriers hands now. Also the vast majority of android users may never see any type of os update. BlackBerry really doesn't do too bad

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-03-15 10:22 PM
    "My hunch is it was either PIN blocked by a software malfunction during upload as a glitch with a handshake with the service provider."

I did a Google search "blackberry z10 pin blocked 10.3.1" and didn't find anything about Z10's getting Device Pin Blocked en mass. Where did you find your anecdotal evidence?

From what I understand of what you wrote, you're saying that BlackBerry, and your carrier, should have device blocked your phone from day one (instead of letting you use it), and because they didn't, they /have/ to unlock it now? It sounds like you're leveraging on a technicality. Did they, or didn't they, find a record of your device being marked as lost/stolen? That's not clear.

Why, exactly, would BlackBerry, and/or your carrier, want to device lock your Z30 and then want to give you the customer support runaround? What's the motivation there? Why you? Are you paying for the support calls? Or did you call a toll free number and talk to reps at BlackBerry/Cricket at their expense?

This is what we know: Your Z30 is device pin locked. Device pin locks are usually a result of the device being reported lost/stolen. Could it have been a software glitch? Undetermined, as so far, you're the only person who's reported that the upgrade caused your device pin lock, on a hunch. Could it have been someone else who reported the Z30 as stolen? The chain of possession of your device is unknown. Who could have gained knowledge of the serial number of your device? You, your carrier, BlackBerry, and who else? The private party, is one. Can you contact the private party and ask them if they accidentally reported your Z30 lost/stolen when they meant to report another Z30 they might have had?

If you've convinced BlackBerry to unlock it, as you've stated in your first paragraph, then no problem. Move on with your life.
    Then you haven't been reading the forums here. NO I am not the only person this has happened to. So why would you make such an assumption???? Did you poll the entire universe of Z30 users that updated and found I am the ONLY ONE?!??? How did you manage that???

There are about 7 different cases of Z30's upgrading software and getting the same message. As for the Z10's, again READ the threads and my messages, there is "case history" on being 'device pin blocked" on BB OS upgrades on the last version. So you need to just be quiet. You do not know what you are talking about. As for the 800 number or paying for the phone call, YOU sound like a BB employee. Did you write this code? Well it is buggy.

And AS THE LAW states, not your inflated opinion, they CANNOT lock or block a phone without it being reported stolen. I did not report it lost or stolen, BB and Cricket did not know who PIN blocked it, or if it was even reported stolen. So there is NOTHING to state that it has been reported stolen, nothing. Just PIN Blocked and no reason to "why". THAT has to be known, because of the "stolen phone database" MOU rule agreed upon by the cell carriers and cell phone makers. That rule has been in effect BEFORE I activated the cell phone, so they would have to had to check it upon activation. It is in the Court agreed MOU.

As for ALL major business in the world now, covering up bad things is their first order of business, not fixing it is the second. Business that fix screwed up things lose money. It is common practice, even a company as good as BB. A corporation's motive on releasing buggy OS or software, well it would probably be to cover up or "patch" the bad spots, but to roll it back and fix it?? Windows ME anyone????

They have to tell me WHY the PIN was blocked, it has not bee stated "why". IF it was reported "stolen" is it really stolen, or did someone get the numbers wrong, or was there a glitch.

again, If this results in a stolen phone, I will personally smash it, and buy another Z30 to atone for my sin of ignorance. However, the technology is such, that shutting off or down a phone because of a glitchy upgrade, it should be traceable and and fixable.
    03-04-15 04:07 PM
    Then you haven't been reading the forums here. NO I am not the only person this has happened to. So why would you make such an assumption???? Did you poll the entire universe of Z30 users that updated and found I am the ONLY ONE?!??? How did you manage that???
    Okay, you're the second person:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-help-1002049/

Do you have more links? The ones you're citing? I did Google searches and found references to old Device Pin Locked situations and it's usually someone who bought used. The suspected original seller's scheme was to sell the device, declare it as lost/stolen a few months later, then collect on insurance and get another one. Once reported as lost/stolen, the device is pin locked, to the dismay and confusion of the buyer.

There are about 7 different cases of Z30's upgrading software and getting the same message. As for the Z10's, again READ the threads and my messages, there is "case history" on being 'device pin blocked" on BB OS upgrades on the last version. So you need to just be quiet. You do not know what you are talking about.
    Post the links and I'll be happy to apologize and shut up. I started replying to this thread because of the title you chose, which implies that it affects *everyone*.

As for the 800 number or paying for the phone call, YOU sound like a BB employee. Did you write this code? Well it is buggy.
    I'm not employed by BlackBerry and I didn't write any of the code.

What's your story? Why did you pick such a title? It wasn't like you were posting like the other person, asking for help. No, you decided that the problem you're having affects everyone and issued a blanket warning.

And AS THE LAW states, not your inflated opinion, they CANNOT lock or block a phone without it being reported stolen. I did not report it lost or stolen, BB and Cricket did not know who PIN blocked it, or if it was even reported stolen. So there is NOTHING to state that it has been reported stolen, nothing. Just PIN Blocked and no reason to "why". THAT has to be known, because of the "stolen phone database" MOU rule agreed upon by the cell carriers and cell phone makers. That rule has been in effect BEFORE I activated the cell phone, so they would have to had to check it upon activation. It is in the Court agreed MOU.
    You have no reason to declare it lost/stolen. BlackBerry has no reason to declare it lost/stolen and pin lock it. Cricket has no reason to declare it lost/stolen.

The only unknown is whether the seller contacted his/her carrier and reported lost/stolen.

As for ALL major business in the world now, covering up bad things is their first order of business, not fixing it is the second. Business that fix screwed up things lose money. It is common practice, even a company as good as BB. A corporation's motive on releasing buggy OS or software, well it would probably be to cover up or "patch" the bad spots, but to roll it back and fix it?? Windows ME anyone????
    You're making yet another blanket statement...

They have to tell me WHY the PIN was blocked, it has not bee stated "why". IF it was reported "stolen" is it really stolen, or did someone get the numbers wrong, or was there a glitch.

again, If this results in a stolen phone, I will personally smash it, and buy another Z30 to atone for my sin of ignorance. However, the technology is such, that shutting off or down a phone because of a glitchy upgrade, it should be traceable and and fixable.
    I would hope that if a device was reported as lost/stolen, there would be a paper trail. In your legal readings, did you read anything about record keeping? Who's responsible for that? At this point, the seller could have reported it lost/stolen (to get another device) and it was the carrier (or carrier's insurance) that reported it lost/stolen to BlackBerry, who according to law, has to device pin lock the device. Does BlackBerry have to keep a record of the request? Or do they just trust the party that reported it, given that entity is a carrier/carrier insurance company? How far up the chain did you speak to at BlackBerry? Someone who would have access to such records? Can they legally tell you who said it was lost/stolen, i.e. privacy issues with releasing such information?

If it's a software glitch, then report it, provide details, and wait for the fix. If it was a software glitch, then I would agree that you should be compensated for your time in some fashion. That's fair.
    Carl Estes and nolimits7 like this.
    03-04-15 05:21 PM
    Okay, you're the second person:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-help-1002049/

Do you have more links? The ones you're citing? I did Google searches and found references to old Device Pin Locked situations and it's usually someone who bought used. The suspected original seller's scheme was to sell the device, declare it as lost/stolen a few months later, then collect on insurance and get another one. Once reported as lost/stolen, the device is pin locked, to the dismay and confusion of the buyer.

Post the links and I'll be happy to apologize and shut up. I started replying to this thread because of the title you chose, which implies that it affects *everyone*.

I'm not employed by BlackBerry and I didn't write any of the code.

What's your story? Why did you pick such a title? It wasn't like you were posting like the other person, asking for help. No, you decided that the problem you're having affects everyone and issued a blanket warning.

You have no reason to declare it lost/stolen. BlackBerry has no reason to declare it lost/stolen and pin lock it. Cricket has no reason to declare it lost/stolen.

The only unknown is whether the seller contacted his/her carrier and reported lost/stolen.

You're making yet another blanket statement...

I would hope that if a device was reported as lost/stolen, there would be a paper trail. In your legal readings, did you read anything about record keeping? Who's responsible for that? At this point, the seller could have reported it lost/stolen (to get another device) and it was the carrier (or carrier's insurance) that reported it lost/stolen to BlackBerry, who according to law, has to device pin lock the device. Does BlackBerry have to keep a record of the request? Or do they just trust the party that reported it, given that entity is a carrier/carrier insurance company? How far up the chain did you speak to at BlackBerry? Someone who would have access to such records? Can they legally tell you who said it was lost/stolen, i.e. privacy issues with releasing such information?

If it's a software glitch, then report it, provide details, and wait for the fix. If it was a software glitch, then I would agree that you should be compensated for your time in some fashion. That's fair.
    Wow just wow. I came here to see if it was a wide spread issue and obviously from his opening message it's just concerning him. What happened to good ol innocent until proven guilty. You've come at the bloody guy like you were there so you have your own version of the story. Provide links, solutions or quit it. No point getting up and personal with someone who clearly is having phone issues.

And from my knowledge, I thought there was such a thing called freedom of speech therefore he can choose to have his thread titled anyway he pleases. Should he personally apologise to you? Change it?

Seriously.....

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-05-15 07:24 AM
    Wow just wow. I came here to see if it was a wide spread issue and obviously from his opening message it's just concerning him. What happened to good ol innocent until proven guilty. You've come at the bloody guy like you were there so you have your own version of the story. Provide links, solutions or quit it. No point getting up and personal with someone who clearly is having phone issues.

And from my knowledge, I thought there was such a thing called freedom of speech therefore he can choose to have his thread titled anyway he pleases. Should he personally apologise to you? Change it?

Seriously.....
    I started with providing links, post #4, but he was pretty adamant that it was BlackBerry's fault, i.e. he believes it was due to a poorly made and poorly tested OS update. He didn't have any proof, just a "hunch", as he said. There are other common factors in his story, common factors that say he should be contacing the seller, at least to find out if the seller's carrier issued the lost/stolen message. Since he has no recourse with the seller, he's putting all the blame on BlackBerry. Is that justified? "innocent until proven guilty"

"I came here to see if it was a wide spread issue". That's the problem with the title. It isn't a freedom of speech issue. He made a blanket statement, basically meant to illicit fear in the OS update without any proof. It just causes confusion.

I don't expect him to apologize. I hope he finds the cause and solution to his phone problem. I just don't find him being very constructive about it. If it's a bug, document, see if others are having the problem, then report. In this instance, it's "I found a bug caused by BlackBerry's poor OS update. BlackBerry, like other modern corporations, release buggy software and won't fix it."
    nolimits7 likes this.
    03-05-15 01:21 PM
    Seems like I was right and "not the only one" having problems.

READ please.

Go to the Z30 forum and look at the thread titled "BB has withdrawn the 10.3 Update for Z30" Seems like a blanket issue to me.

Seems like there ARE Problems.

seems like it "is" a blanket issue, if BB stopped releasing.

Don't you feel like a tool?
    03-05-15 06:20 PM
    Seems like I was right and "not the only one" having problems.

READ please.

Go to the Z30 forum and look at the thread titled "BB has withdrawn the 10.3 Update for Z30" Seems like a blanket issue to me.

Seems like there ARE Problems.

seems like it "is" a blanket issue, if BB stopped releasing.

Don't you feel like a tool?
    Did you read that thread? The common problem some people are having in that thread is that some Z30's are having the display blank out after the update, after the battery was completely drained. It has nothing to do with Device Pin Blocked. Further, the person who's been warning everyone about it has found a fix for himself, that may be applicable for other people. The fix appears to be to plug in the Z30 until it fully charges, then hard reset until the display comes back. After that, he's reported that it's been working for him most of the day, about eight hours now.

Have you found the links to the other threads where people had the Device Pin Blocked issue with 10.3.1.x? I'd like to read them.
    nolimits7 likes this.
    03-05-15 07:25 PM
    So this has nothing to do with 10.3.1..
    Change the title.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) and nolimits7 like this.
    03-05-15 07:39 PM
52 123