I have been a skullcandy INK'D headset for a while now with my BB Z30, for around 4 - 5 months. Suddenly today things have started getting weird. While I was listening to some music, it suddenly stopped. First I though the headset jack might have come out.

Further looking into it I found out that the phone is switching back and forth from headset to handset mode. Cannot make a phone call now from the headset nor can I listen to music as of now.

Without the headset the phone is working fine (as of now, but I doubt will be okay going forward)

Can anyone let me know what is the reason for this and if this can be solved?
    04-13-16 05:57 AM
    This sounds (no pun intended) like an issue I had with my Z30. I had to replace the entire chasis of the phone (cause that's where the headset connection is at), it's a piece that is not that expensive actually, but I needed a technician to do the work once I bought it. My problem started once by accident I pulled the chord really hard cause it got stuck on a drawer and then it started to fluctuate just like you described.

Posted via CB10 with my fantastic Z30!
    04-13-16 07:43 AM
    I am getting similar behaviour on standard headphones/headset. Speaking on a call, call drops and when I re-establish the call, I get only handset or speaker as audio choices. Need reboot to fix

Ok not that similar but potentially related

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 07:44 AM
    If you're handy with working on phones at all, it's really not hard to replace the housing. I did mine the other day mostly just to get a new battery, but also because the silver chin was all scratched up. The housing (OEM) was less than $12 from etradesupply. Overall, I find the Z30 a pretty easy device to work on, at this point having replaced 2 screens (mine, and my wife's) and now the housing.

I hadn't experienced a bad headphone jack on the Z30 yet but this did happen to me on my old Z10. Just in case anybody searching on Z10 be sure to buy the headphone jack/speaker combo because you can't really remove the speaker without damage. Not sure why they also sell the jack separately.

Richard
    04-13-16 12:02 PM
    Run Blackberry Virtual Expert and run the various tests for micro/speaker and headphones.

You might also try jiggling the jack in/out a few times. Also make sure it is fully inserted.
    04-13-16 12:17 PM
    am getting similar behaviour on standard headphones/headset. Speaking on a call, call drops and when I re-establish the call, I get only handset or speaker as audio choices. Need reboot to fix

Ok not that similar but potentially related
    01-31-22 06:00 AM