I would pay close to $1000 for a updated z30 that's my wish and if there's no updated z30 then I'll stay with this phone the priv is really nice software and hardware wise but I'm a blackberry os10 fan and I love blackberry love the hub and all the awesome features it delivers plus the security that it has I might be limited to apps but I love the z30 I would really appreciate a z30 upgrade but It probably won't happen but if it does I'll buy it first and pre order it and I will pay close to $1000 for a z30 but hey I hope blackberry makes money off the priv
    12-29-15 06:56 PM
    Blackberry only have to do the Z3000, Octa-Core Processor and 6 Gb of RAM, 42 MP of camera and a screen of 6.1" with 8k video.
    7.1 multichannel loudspeaker. The 20.6.6.9999 OS and 2 Tb of internal memory and more features...when BlackBerry earn money, maybe we will see that

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 07:38 PM
    I've always had this question: why can't a company get a small profit on each handset but make sure to sell them in huge numbers to add to the bottom line?

Posted via CB10
    I see your point, and the high-volume low-margin idea makes sense, but not for blackberry. The market will not buy Blackberrys in large quantities even if the margin is very small. Blackberry should be taking steps to get its name out there more, but doing that by cheapening the brand will not have positive results. BlackBerry is a premium brand, with several valuable competitive advantages, and that's the brand image it needs to continue building. Furthermore, blackberry cannot afford the risk of producing a large quantity of phones. Another huge write-down would be a disaster for the smartphone business.

I think BlackBerry should make a small batch of an upgraded version of the Z30, but it's gotta be just enough to keep the cost per unit down, but not so many that they can't sell then all.

Just look at what the guy above me is saying. He'd pay almost a grand for a next gen Z30. I want the same thing. It doesn't have to be anything crazy spec wise, just a nice upgrade.

Quite frankly, BlackBerry could probably eliminate the risk all together and build only enough of them to fill paid pre-orders. I'd get on board with that. I'd be willing to pay now, very early in the design process, even if it took another few months to get the phone manufactured.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 09:12 PM
    BB10 is dead as much as I love it. You cannot ever make it profitable or accepted by enough people to be relevant. Android fixes this problem however, it appears the long game is software and getting BlackBerry revenue by selling upgrades to secure android phones with monthly revenue. Like BIS generated money, just with any handsets. Private and Vienna are first steps but real money is with other hardware players.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 09:39 PM
    I disagree. I think BB10 will live on to serve a niche market which includes those companies and governments that need the highest level of security, and that prioritize productivity.

I think the team that works on it will be totally scaled down, but I think it will be maintained for the foreseeable future. Not sure if BlackBerry will continue to make more BB10 devices, but I hope they can find a way to make it feasible so that people like us can continue to enjoy it.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 10:09 PM
    In order to serve niche market, there has to be potential revenue that would exceed any potential expenses. This has never happened with BB10 regarding past and current revenue and expenses. What revenue does BB10 generate from existing customers? When you speak of government and enterprise customers, BlackBerry creates builds for these customers that customers pay for. These builds are proprietary builds for clients, like military, and not shared with public. These customers are no longer asking for BB10 custom builds. The new RFP's are for cross platform solutions which BlackBerry does bid using BES12 and more importantly, the other companies it has acquired with Chen. Just like App devs stopped building apps for BB10, the process for BlackBerry to quit forward movement began when everyone BB10 were let go / not offered new BB10 assignments. BlackBerry's future is securing OS that are IOS/Android, then any other OS that have enough demand with that solution. Will you see MS and BB included, yes, initially. But maintaining like MS did for XP is not development. The other difference is there are no plans for a Vista, 7,8,8.1 or 10 type OS with BB. They didn't keep people for that. At this point, it's Android or die for Hardware for Consumers and small/mid enterprise that buy off the shelf type solutions. I own and love every BB10 device made except for Q5 and Z3 (since I'm American in the USA), but the realities of business survival and desires to grow are what matter to management and more importantly, the shareholders of BlackBerry. It's their (and mine as shareholder too) money.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 07:25 AM
31 12