Just noticed BlackBerry Blend on my Z30 and watched the Crackberry video. It's so cool, now all I need is a job where I can use it!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 12:54 PM
    Not really! Anyone with a BB10 device running 10.3+ can use Blend! It's not BES-pecific!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-15 02:14 PM
    Not really! Anyone with a BB10 device running 10.3+ can use Blend! It's not BES-pecific!
    . I meant that the features would be most useful to me if I had a job. Lol
    02-01-15 02:18 PM
    . I meant that the features would be most useful to me if I had a job. Lol
    Duh! Best of luck about that!
    02-01-15 05:01 PM
    I have the Z30... LOVE IT!! I've put on the latest 10.3.1 leak last week thinking that finally I will be able to use Blend. Sadly, I get the same message when I start Blend. "You must turn on blend using the quick settings menu on your device". So, of course I do that (even though "blend" on the quick settings isn't really an "on off" kinda thing). I get redirected to a blend page which says that "your device isn't paired with a computer or tablet to use BB Blend". It has a link to "Go to device connections settings" within which, sure enough my PC is listed as paired.

Anyway, just thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone has been successful with Blend and the Z30. If anyone knows of the problem I'm having and a possible solution, please post.

Obviously with the official launch any day now... I'll be able to get support from BB eventually.

Another, possibly related question, I have an older BB 10 phone associated with my BB id... this phone shows up in the Blend list of phones to blend with... i tell blend to forget this phone and it does, until next time that is. I went into BB world with my pc to see if i could remover the associated phone... no joy.

Thanks for any suggestions/comments or help!! Cheers!
    02-18-15 04:17 PM
    Spiderman....

Do you recall entering a pass phrase or number? I just did it with a new computer (Blend does not work on my older Vista model) and I did have to enter or acknowledge the CODE.
    02-18-15 05:54 PM
    wall of text
    On the latest leak, Blend in the quick setting is a toggle. You can hit the icon in quick settings to enable or disable Blend. Pretty sure I remember it being a toggle on 1154 on the Classic, too.

Anyway, you turn Blend on on your BlackBerry (i.e, make sure the icon is blue in quick settings), and then download the latest Blend onto your PC. There really isn't any pairing involved. You log into your BB account in Blend on the PC and it finds and connects to your Z30. It doesn't even need you to be on the same network. Your Z30 can be connected to cellular in Russia and you can be sitting in Starbucks in the Antarctic and still see all your messages.
    02-18-15 06:31 PM
    Spiderman....

Do you recall entering a pass phrase or number? I just did it with a new computer (Blend does not work on my older Vista model) and I did have to enter or acknowledge the CODE.
    Hmmmm... code? No, I don't recall that at all. I've attempted to remove the software completely from my PC and start again... No Joy.
    02-19-15 02:51 PM
    On the latest leak, Blend in the quick setting is a toggle. You can hit the icon in quick settings to enable or disable Blend. Pretty sure I remember it being a toggle on 1154 on the Classic, too.

Anyway, you turn Blend on on your BlackBerry (i.e, make sure the icon is blue in quick settings), and then download the latest Blend onto your PC. There really isn't any pairing involved. You log into your BB account in Blend on the PC and it finds and connects to your Z30. It doesn't even need you to be on the same network. Your Z30 can be connected to cellular in Russia and you can be sitting in Starbucks in the Antarctic and still see all your messages.
    Yeah, that's what I figured from all that I have read... except, on my phone with the latest leak, it is not a toggle (or previous leaks). Selecting it takes you to a page where it says that my device has not been paired with a computer or tablet. It gives me a link to set that up. I've followed the link and see that in fact my phone does have a connection with the PC. I've even removed that and re-established that connection. My phone is able to view the files on my PC without difficulty. I'm thinking to reload to factory... and start from scratch.
    02-19-15 02:52 PM
    I'd say that would be your best bet. It's odd that it isn't a toggle for you... but surely a fresh reload should help.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 02:54 PM
    So now that Blend is unlocked for the rest of us I have one question.

Who the eff though landscape only was a good idea for blend on tablets? That has to change. My 8" tablet is the perfect size for texting when held in portrait orientation. Typing anything more than a login/password in landscape mode is just awkward.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-19-15 03:00 PM
    So now that Blend is unlocked for the rest of us I have one question.

Who the eff though landscape only was a good idea for blend on tablets? That has to change. My 8" tablet is the perfect size for texting when held in portrait orientation. Typing anything more than a login/password in landscape mode is just awkward.
    Probably the same person who thinks PORTRAIT ONLY mode is good for the Homescreen on the phone. Modern devices and locked in formats - bah humbug!!!
    Chris Chin likes this.
    02-19-15 03:56 PM
    I am quite disappointed. I get the 10.3 original version and BlackBerry blend does not work.it recognizes the mobile but i can't have access to it. It only says that there is a newer version of blackberry blend, which is not true...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:09 PM
    When I installed the update and connected to Blend on my pc, I had to update the Blend on my Z30 from BlackBerry World before I could start using it.

Posted on my Z30, on EE in the UK
    02-19-15 09:06 PM
    When toggling blend on and off, touch the icon, not the word 'blend '. Touching the word will go to the connection page, touching the icon will turn blend on or off.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 11:09 PM
    I am quite disappointed. I get the 10.3 original version and BlackBerry blend does not work.it recognizes the mobile but i can't have access to it. It only says that there is a newer version of blackberry blend, which is not true...

Posted via CB10
    This is also happening with my Z30

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.3.1
    02-20-15 02:35 AM
    Well, Blend is now working!! It would seem that I was not hitting the icon (ugh)... because I was trying it previously, when the Z30 was not supported, I got careless and just assumed I was doing everything correctly. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! LOL.

Blend is awesome! Thanks everyone for the suggestions etc.!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-20-15 11:14 AM
    Mine is still not working..

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:17 AM
    Mine is still not working..

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried rebooting both devices? Removed Blend from the "computer" (whatever) and then reinstalled it?

Since you are posting using cb10, type

myver (press the spacebar)

to show the device and OS version.
    02-21-15 09:39 AM
    Thanks. I already tried with the reboot and also reinstalled blend. I did not understand very well what you said about the space bar....

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:52 PM
    Thanks. I already tried with the reboot and also reinstalled blend. I did not understand very well what you said about the space bar....

Posted via CB10
    I was asking you to post the model and OS versions on your phone.

If you type

myver

Then press the Spacebar

while replying, Autotext will supply the info.
    02-21-15 04:02 PM
    Since you Z30 types have had the advantage of mini hdmi and usb otg & therefore already worked with BlackBerry 10 on a big screen, how do you feel that compares with using blend?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:14 PM
    Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2243

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 06:02 PM
    Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2243

Posted via CB10
    What device and OS are you trying to BLEND with? Not that this helps but I've had it working on my Samsung Tab S (Android) and with a Win 7 desktop. (it is not compatible with my Vista computer).

I will also admit I'm not an expert and did not even realize that Crackberry has a Blend forum. You might check it out and/or ask a question there. Provide all details if you start a thread over there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-blend-f436/
    02-21-15 06:52 PM
    Just noticed BlackBerry Blend on my Z30 and watched the Crackberry video. It's so cool, now all I need is a job where I can use it!

Posted via CB10
    Well if your looking for work being able to apply and post resumes online is even easier when you can also reply to emails and bbm's that pop up on your phone through the computer.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:45 PM
29 12