I thought mine was going to be better after settling in. But the phone lag is still happening and the battery life is almost like an Android. I'm not using the phone any more than I ever did. Before the upgrade it was my greatest bragging point to all my iPhone/Android friends. I would still have 40-50% at night when I went to bed. I'm having to charge it some days now. I'm not real tech saavy, so the wipe thing scares me. I see where to do it in Desktop Link. My question - Do I do a backup, wipe, and then restore from the backup? Will I lose anything from doing the wipe? Thanks.
    Before doing the factory wipe, I think you have to take out the SD card if you have one or else it may encrypt it.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 06:51 PM
    Thanks for pointing that out. I went to App Manager>App Permissions and turned off a bunch of things which were running in the background and when minimized. I did a hard reset as well. My batter life has drastically improved. I now have 50-55% left after 24 hrs use. This compares to previous life of just 10-15% by days end with a top up in between. Awesome!
    I tried this today. We'll see how it works. Up till today the battery life has gotten worse. I feel like I am using a stinking Android or iPhone right now Having to charge two times during the day.
    07-21-15 10:42 PM
    I have a z10 at&t with 10.3.2.680 and the phone lags when answered and locks up off and on. I didn't have this problem before this update.

Posted via CB10
    I also have two men in my company that are using Z10's. Their battery life has gone down tremendously too. I'm telling them to try these suggestions from this forum.
    07-21-15 10:43 PM
    I'm not factory wiping my phone. I'll just continue to put up with issues til I find another phone I like.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:41 PM
    I have a Verizon BB Z30. After installing the latest update, 10.3.2, I have really liked it overall. But so far, it seems that the battery isn't lasting quite as long. I'm also experiencing something that I never experienced with any of my other BlackBerrys.

When the phone rings, I slide over to answer, hold the phone to my mouth, say hello.....................silence................s ay hello again, and they hear me. I have been asked why there is silence when I first answer the phone. So, some kind of delay is happening between the time I connect to the caller and when the microphone actually works.

Has anybody experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    YES, I have exactly the same experience ! I answer the phone, and there's a LONG delay.... worse than with older OS 10.2!!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    07-22-15 03:51 PM
    I have a Verizon BB Z30. After installing the latest update, 10.3.2, I have really liked it overall. But so far, it seems that the battery isn't lasting quite as long. I'm also experiencing something that I never experienced with any of my other BlackBerrys.

When the phone rings, I slide over to answer, hold the phone to my mouth, say hello.....................silence................s ay hello again, and they hear me. I have been asked why there is silence when I first answer the phone. So, some kind of delay is happening between the time I connect to the caller and when the microphone actually works.

Has anybody experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Yes! I have the same thing. 10.3.2.2204

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 05:00 PM
    Have you tried to disable the "run as minimized" feature? Go to App manager>App permissions screen>Amazon. The "run as minimized" appears to be enabled by default.
    Amazon Shop App does not have this option.

Posted via CB10
    engmessam likes this.
    07-22-15 05:03 PM
    This is total BS! It's 6:30 PM and my phone just went into battery saving mode for being less than 20%. No surfing at all today, no Facebook, just normal texts, emails, and phone calls. I've tried everything but the wipe, and being a not tech guy, I'm scared to try that. Too much stuff I can't lose.

Now, me and the two Z10's discovered another problem today. I always text these two employees at the same time in MMS. We have a 3 way conversation going. Now, I send the text to both of them in MMS and each of their replies comes back only from them. They can't see the 3rd party anymore. Now, I'm seriously thinking about going back to the other OS.
    07-22-15 06:43 PM
    This is total BS! It's 6:30 PM and my phone just went into battery saving mode for being less than 20%. No surfing at all today, no Facebook, just normal texts, emails, and phone calls. I've tried everything but the wipe, and being a not tech guy, I'm scared to try that. Too much stuff I can't lose.

Now, me and the two Z10's discovered another problem today. I always text these two employees at the same time in MMS. We have a 3 way conversation going. Now, I send the text to both of them in MMS and each of their replies comes back only from them. They can't see the 3rd party anymore. Now, I'm seriously thinking about going back to the other OS.
    What does Device Monitor show is using the battery? Tap the cpu tab at the bottom and what is using the cpu?
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    07-22-15 08:48 PM
    Here's the Battery usage and CPU for the last 24 hours.
    Battery life and delay in answering phone after 10.3.2 update-bbz30-batt-usage.png
    Battery life and delay in answering phone after 10.3.2 update-bbz30-cpu.png
    07-22-15 11:06 PM
    Storeytime

Standby use is obviously way off. Do you have a lot of apps running in the background (headless)? Does it have a reasonably good connection to your carrier?

Have you rebooted/restarted (I apologize if I've missed a previous answer)? What OS and when was it last updated? What kind of apps do you generally run?

Also, System is a bit high and mine does that and I still can't fully figure out why. But Standby is off the charts.
    07-23-15 12:08 AM
    Storeytime

Standby use is obviously way off. Do you have a lot of apps running in the background (headless)? Does it have a reasonably good connection to your carrier?

Have you rebooted/restarted (I apologize if I've missed a previous answer)? What OS and when was it last updated? What kind of apps do you generally run?

Also, System is a bit high and mine does that and I still can't fully figure out why. But Standby is off the charts.
    That's the thing. I don't know what Standby is or how to control it. I don't have a whole lot of apps running. I went to CPU and turned off anything that wasn't necessary.

OS is 10.3.2.556. I am on Verizon, so we just got the 10.3 update. Apps - Facebook, tunein, Pandora occasionally, Maps. I have Snap with some Android apps. Those are all run occasionally. Average use is text, phone, 2 email accounts, browser for information during the day. I very rarely just surf other than a nightly reading of the Houston Astros news. But, here's the thing, I haven't changed my usage one bit from the old OS to the update. Old OS, battery life was incredible. When I would charge at night, usually about midnight, I was over 50% most of the time. New OS - terrible. I'm charging 1-3 times a day.

So, what is Standby and how do I reduce it?
    07-23-15 12:58 AM
    Amazon Shop App does not have this option.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm. Both the Amazon Appstore and Shopping Cart have the option on my VZW 10.3 Z30. Scroll down. It is kind of at the bottom of the list.
    07-23-15 07:22 AM
    That's the thing. I don't know what Standby is or how to control it. I don't have a whole lot of apps running. I went to CPU and turned off anything that wasn't necessary.

OS is 10.3.2.556. I am on Verizon, so we just got the 10.3 update. Apps - Facebook, tunein, Pandora occasionally, Maps. I have Snap with some Android apps. Those are all run occasionally. Average use is text, phone, 2 email accounts, browser for information during the day. I very rarely just surf other than a nightly reading of the Houston Astros news. But, here's the thing, I haven't changed my usage one bit from the old OS to the update. Old OS, battery life was incredible. When I would charge at night, usually about midnight, I was over 50% most of the time. New OS - terrible. I'm charging 1-3 times a day.

I'm not sure what is happening in Standby either. I have the same update from Verizon. But I did have some version of 10.3.1 before Verizon forced the upgrade on me.

May I suggest possibly downloading another program. It is an Android app which shows which other Android apps are still running even when not shown on the active icons. It is TaskManager by Bytehamster. When you run it it shows what Android apps are running. It has two methods to KILL the apps. Just tap the app's name and it will "kill" it. I tend to find that even when "killed" the app might run again in a while. But you can also PRESS on the app and you get a small menu. If you select SETTINGS, you can then FORCE STOP the app. I find it tends to "kill" them for a longer period. Again, they might still reopen (or run or whatever they are doing in the background) but they stay "gone" for a longer period.

I check periodically during the day and will again Force Stop things that come back.

Now, I don't know if this is what is happening on your Z30 but it might provide more info and might help.

Or you can backup and try installing the same verizon OS again using BBlink or even one of the other and slightly newer versions of 10.3.2.xxx. A few Verizon friends that I bbm-chat with have loaded a newer version and have found somewhat improved battery life. I'm kind of waiting a bit.

Good luck.

Oh, how old is the phone? Still warranty or possibly Verizon insurance?

edited further to add: The suggestion is to use an Autoloader to either reinstall the Verizon version or to load a newer OS and do a very limited restore to avoid restoring something that might be glitchy. I admit that can be a pain manually restoring apps, etc but it would be cleaner.
    Last edited by F2; 07-23-15 at 08:34 AM.
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    07-23-15 08:05 AM

Good question on what "Standby" is. I'd assume that it is "headless apps" running in background. Anyway, your "system" is very high as well. If you longpress System and Standby, you can get an idea of activity through the graphic plot. Similarly, you can do this for your apps. See when the activity "peaks" for system and standby and correlate them with your apps. If you can uninstall the offending app(s), e.g. android or headless apps, do so for testing purposes to improve battery life. You can always reinstall them later if you really want/need them.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-23-15 08:41 AM
    Hmmm. Both the Amazon Appstore and Shopping Cart have the option on my VZW 10.3 Z30. Scroll down. It is kind of at the bottom of the list.
    I have nothing at the bottom of the list that accesses app settings. Normally I access it from the top but it's an android app.

Battery life and delay in answering phone after 10.3.2 update-img_20150724_133304.png
    Battery life and delay in answering phone after 10.3.2 update-img_20150724_133251.png

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 12:34 PM
    Battery effects from updates are pretty common as are phone performance issues. Have you rebooted a few times? The OS needs to "settle" in.
    So this is definitely a real thing? I do remember having the same exact call issue with my Q10 when I went to 10.2, there would be initial silence before being able to hear the other person...it DID actually fix itself after about a week. Do other OS systems go through this?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 02:33 PM
    I have nothing at the bottom of the list that accesses app settings. Normally I access it from the top but it's an android app.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150724_133304.png 
Views:	1098 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	363982
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150724_133251.png 
Views:	1098 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	363983

Posted via CB10
    Oh, you are in the wrong place. Not the settings for the Amazon app. It is the system settings (the gear wheel), then app manager, then there is some blue lettering to access app permissions, then select the Amazon cart app.
    07-26-15 07:18 AM
    May I suggest possibly downloading another program. It is an Android app which shows which other Android apps are still running even when not shown on the active icons. It is TaskManager by Bytehamster. When you run it it shows what Android apps are running. It has two methods to KILL the apps. Just tap the app's name and it will "kill" it. I tend to find that even when "killed" the app might run again in a while. But you can also PRESS on the app and you get a small menu. If you select SETTINGS, you can then FORCE STOP the app. I find it tends to "kill" them for a longer period. Again, they might still reopen (or run or whatever they are doing in the background) but they stay "gone" for a longer period.

I check periodically during the day and will again Force Stop things that come back.

Now, I don't know if this is what is happening on your Z30 but it might provide more info and might help.

Oh, how old is the phone? Still warranty or possibly Verizon insurance?

edited further to add: The suggestion is to use an Autoloader to either reinstall the Verizon version or to load a newer OS and do a very limited restore to avoid restoring something that might be glitchy. I admit that can be a pain manually restoring apps, etc but it would be cleaner.
    I downloaded the Task Manager and am trying that. I've noticed that the Amazon Store app comes right back, so I did the Force Stop. So far, it didn't come back. I'm going to try deleting Amazon Store since it's something I never use anyway and see if that helps on the high standby and system.
    07-26-15 06:19 PM
    I downloaded the Verizon update and noticed a degradation of my battery life. I'm so used to bragging about having a day and a half. Now I need to find a charger around 9pm. I know, not awful, but my iPhone could do that. Battery life was the #1 reason I switched.

I've disabled that BlackBerry security thing where I can locate my phone if it's stolen. That helped today get me to the 9pm. (it was 7pm yesterday.) hopefully the rebooting that was suggested early in this thread works as well. There's no point in keeping this thing if it can't reliably give me a day and a half again.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:46 PM
    I downloaded the Verizon update and noticed a degradation of my battery life. I'm so used to bragging about having a day and a half. Now I need to find a charger around 9pm. I know, not awful, but my iPhone could do that. Battery life was the #1 reason I switched.

I've disabled that BlackBerry security thing where I can locate my phone if it's stolen. That helped today get me to the 9pm. (it was 7pm yesterday.) hopefully the rebooting that was suggested early in this thread works as well. There's no point in keeping this thing if it can't reliably give me a day and a half again.

Posted via CB10
    Go into App Permissions and toggle off the "Run when minimized" permission on every app that you don't need to have running when in active frame mode. Particularly Android apps don't need this because they don't use active frame technology. This will save you some battery life. Also, I suggest rebooting your device once a day.

Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    Slow Joe likes this.
    07-30-15 07:31 AM
    Yes! I have the same thing. 10.3.2.2204

Posted via CB10
    Same here.... delay in answering phones with new OS 10.3.2.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    07-30-15 10:27 AM
    I downloaded the Task Manager and that has helped battery life. It's still frustrating that I have to do this now on a Blackberry that I never had to do before the update. If I had wanted to have to kill apps, I could have just gotten an Android.

Phone answer lag has never improved. I guess I'm stuck with that issue unless someone can solve that one.
    08-22-15 03:50 PM
    I did a security wipe then restored my contacts and calendar with BlackBerry Link. Phone call lag is gone. When I press answer I can say hello instantly and I feel the battery life is better now then it was with10.2

I downloaded the Task Manager and that has helped battery life. It's still frustrating that I have to do this now on a Blackberry that I never had to do before the update. If I had wanted to have to kill apps, I could have just gotten an Android.

Phone answer lag has never improved. I guess I'm stuck with that issue unless someone can solve that one.

Posted via CB10
    methodinsane and Hoty Huerta like this.
    08-22-15 04:13 PM
    I did a security wipe then restored my contacts and calendar with BlackBerry Link. Phone call lag is gone. When I press answer I can say hello instantly and I feel the battery life is better now then it was with10.2

I'm a little nervous about doing the wipe. I guess I've read too many stories from non-techie people like me on this site. If I do it, will I have to reinstall all my apps and snap, etc.? Can you give a brief description of how I would do what you did in case maybe I'm misunderstanding exactly what a security wipe is?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by storeytime; 08-22-15 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    08-22-15 04:52 PM
76 1234