I have a Verizon BB Z30. After installing the latest update, 10.3.2, I have really liked it overall. But so far, it seems that the battery isn't lasting quite as long. I'm also experiencing something that I never experienced with any of my other BlackBerrys.

When the phone rings, I slide over to answer, hold the phone to my mouth, say hello.....................silence................s ay hello again, and they hear me. I have been asked why there is silence when I first answer the phone. So, some kind of delay is happening between the time I connect to the caller and when the microphone actually works.

Has anybody experienced this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    07-15-15 12:38 PM
    I'm on a Verizon Z10.

I installed the latest leak (10.3.2.2339) which included Verizon versions 10-3-2-858-10-3-2-2339

And my battery life is pretty good.... but I too have that "delay" when answering the phone. No one has really mentioned it from what they hear from me... but I miss like the first syllable of when they say "hello".

Check you battery usage in device monitor and see what is using the most power. A usually good with a clean install and have pretty good success, but there are always little bugs. Do a backup and then wipe the device and see if there is any improvement... then maybe do a restore or a limited restore.
    storeytime likes this.
    07-15-15 01:20 PM
    Battery effects from updates are pretty common as are phone performance issues. Have you rebooted a few times? The OS needs to "settle" in.
    storeytime likes this.
    07-15-15 01:21 PM
    Yeah, my battery life was "dismal", at best after the update. Also, sometimes the device would not even ring when a call came in, and Visuall Voice Mail was gone.

After about 4/5 days, things started to settle in, Battery is coming back to is former glory, the phone does now ring when a call comes in, and my Visual VoiceMail, just "reappered", all by it's lonesome, all working as it did:

EXCEPT: the few Andyroid apps I have now take almost 4 times as long to open. At some point I will more than likely uninstall them and reload them to see if that helps resolve the issue.

But other wise, all is getting better.......
    storeytime and rotorwrench like this.
    07-15-15 01:50 PM
    Hello there I had a similar problem with you ... but in 10.3.1 in calls I "open" pick it up I say hello nothing silence I have to say hello again and then i hear the other side . seems to be something with the microphone or just a delay , I got used to it cause when I turn it on It also hangs and works so wired and unresponsive .
    storeytime likes this.
    07-15-15 02:04 PM
    Battery effects from updates are pretty common as are phone performance issues. Have you rebooted a few times? The OS needs to "settle" in.
    reboot you mean to restart it??? or what?
    storeytime likes this.
    07-15-15 02:05 PM
    I have not rebooted. Good idea. I'll try that.
    07-15-15 02:13 PM
    Scroll down to July 16th 2015 "Phone Lag", and check to see comments descibed is what you are experiencing.

Posted via CB10
    storeytime likes this.
    07-15-15 02:15 PM
    reboot you mean to restart it??? or what?
    Hard Reset:
    Hold the vol up and vol dwn buttons at the same time until the phone goes black, and then see the name "Blackberry".
    You will also/mayget a screen shot in the process.
    07-15-15 03:40 PM
    I did about 3 reboots today. The call lag seems to have stopped. I only had one call to check by, but it was an instant connection. The battery life is still lower than before the update. I'm going to give it some time to settle in and see if that helps restore the battery life to what it was pre update.
    07-15-15 11:25 PM
    In all my years of BB use I have to say this last update has had the longest settling in time for me. Within a day after update my battery life appeared better but by the 2nd and 3rd day it got progressively worse. I waited a couple of hours after update and performed a couple of soft resets and then a hard reset. The app response and general speed seemed snappier, but still worse than normal battery life.

I kept an eye on my device monitor and noted that my system, phone and PIM Services were well above normal in battery, cpu and memory use. That has been a fairly normal response in the past but only for a couple of days. As of three days ago, after another hard reset, all those consumptions have dropped back to normal and my battery life appears to be about 10 to 15% better for an average day.

Of note is that I never had the phone lag that the OP describes, but I did lose Visual Voice Mail on the 3rd day after the update . I have since gotten it back after the last hard reset. Just sharing.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 12:53 AM
    Yeah, if your system is at 30-40% in device manager, that is not right. Should be < 10%.
    storeytime likes this.
    07-16-15 03:20 AM
    Yeah, if your system is at 30-40% in device manager, that is not right. Should be < 10%.
    My SYSTEM has generally been high on a variety of OS's including the latest 10.3.2 from Verizon. Now it seems to run reasonably during most of the day but then in the mid-evening it suddenly shows about 17-20%. I don't have any idea what causes it. NO LAG though in any of the OS's I've had loaded.
    storeytime likes this.
    07-16-15 08:36 AM
    My SYSTEM has generally been high on a variety of OS's including the latest 10.3.2 from Verizon. Now it seems to run reasonably during most of the day but then in the mid-evening it suddenly shows about 17-20%. I don't have any idea what causes it. NO LAG though in any of the OS's I've had loaded.
    You would get better battery life if you could figure that out. Of course if you are not using it extensively and it should be at rest. Mine's currently 1.6% System on battery and 5-10% System on CPU with a 1 day 7 hr battery life. 94% battery left and took it off the charger at 7 am. I typically run worse battery at the office because I have bad signal and it is going from 1X to 3G. I've not messed around with leaks.
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 07-16-15 at 10:15 AM.
    storeytime, Carl Estes and FF22 like this.
    07-16-15 08:56 AM
    I had lagginess with 10.3.2.580. I upgraded to 10.3.2.2205 and I don't have a single complaint. Battery was not great. But it has gotten noticeably better after a week. One thing that has annoyed my with 10.3.2 upgrade is that it comes with Amazon Shop. It is an Android port and it does not work very well. And to top it off, it keeps running in the background along with the Amazon app store. I can not stop it. I can not delete either of them. I already have a native Amazon search App which I like a lot.

Posted via CB10
    storeytime likes this.
    07-16-15 11:32 AM
    I had lagginess with 10.3.2.580. I upgraded to 10.3.2.2205 and I don't have a single complaint. Battery was not great. But it has gotten noticeably better after a week. One thing that has annoyed my with 10.3.2 upgrade is that it comes with Amazon Shop. It is an Android port and it does not work very well. And to top it off, it keeps running in the background along with the Amazon app store. I can not stop it. I can not delete either of them. I already have a native Amazon search App which I like a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried to disable the "run as minimized" feature? Go to App manager>App permissions screen>Amazon. The "run as minimized" appears to be enabled by default.
    07-16-15 11:41 AM
    some info that may be useful for you guys
    A Hard Reset cannot be performed on BlackBerry 10 smartphones that do not have a removable battery, such as

BlackBerry Z30
    BlackBerry Q5
    BlackBerry Z3
    BlackBerry Leap
    BlackBerry Classic

To perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:

Remove the battery cover from the back of the smartphone.
    Remove the battery, and then reinsert it after a few seconds.
    Replace the battery cover.

Soft Reset

To perform a soft reset on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete one of the following:

Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds.
    Press and hold the Volume up key and the Volume down key at the same time for 10 seconds.
    storeytime likes this.
    07-16-15 12:23 PM
    That's what the BlackBerry website says (KB02141) but when my company was dealing with BB Tech, we've had two of their go-to guys tell us that the website is incorrect. The results of a volume key reset and battery pull are exactly the same. As a matter of fact, our IT guy disagreed they were the same, so one of the techs had him pull the battery on one of our Q10s and time the reboot. Then he had him perform what the kb describes as a 'soft reset' on the same phone and note the screen going immediately black (power removed) and time it from there. Same duration, and note that the phone power was immediately removed with no normal shutdown procedure or screen notices. Virtually the same process and results are achieved. He said that a normal restart is what should actually be termed as a soft reset. Our IT guy was convinced and so am I.

Call it what you want, the phone actions and results are identical, battery pull or volume key procedure.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 04:18 PM
    My battery life wasn't terrible, but did seem degraded since the upgrade. I also had the same issue with answering the phone.

Seeing as how my OS has now been upgraded a third time since I unboxed it, I decided not to mess around. I did a complete factory data reset. I guess that's an Android term. "Security Wipe" in BlackBerry parlance.

So far, so good. Answering is back to normal, and I'm 15 hours into this cycle and still have 40% battery, which included at least four hours of talk time.

Posted via CB10
    storeytime likes this.
    07-19-15 01:05 AM
    My battery life wasn't terrible, but did seem degraded since the upgrade. I also had the same issue with answering the phone.

Seeing as how my OS has now been upgraded a third time since I unboxed it, I decided not to mess around. I did a complete factory data reset. I guess that's an Android term. "Security Wipe" in BlackBerry parlance.

So far, so good. Answering is back to normal, and I'm 15 hours into this cycle and still have 40% battery, which included at least four hours of talk time.

Posted via CB10
    Slow:

What OS are you now on?

Since you are posting using CB10, just type

myver (then press the Spacebar)

It will fill in your OS.
    07-19-15 08:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    I thought mine was going to be better after settling in. But the phone lag is still happening and the battery life is almost like an Android. I'm not using the phone any more than I ever did. Before the upgrade it was my greatest bragging point to all my iPhone/Android friends. I would still have 40-50% at night when I went to bed. I'm having to charge it some days now. I'm not real tech saavy, so the wipe thing scares me. I see where to do it in Desktop Link. My question - Do I do a backup, wipe, and then restore from the backup? Will I lose anything from doing the wipe? Thanks.
    07-20-15 02:20 PM
    I thought mine was going to be better after settling in. But the phone lag is still happening and the battery life is almost like an Android. I'm not using the phone any more than I ever did. Before the upgrade it was my greatest bragging point to all my iPhone/Android friends. I would still have 40-50% at night when I went to bed. I'm having to charge it some days now. I'm not real tech saavy, so the wipe thing scares me. I see where to do it in Desktop Link. My question - Do I do a backup, wipe, and then restore from the backup? Will I lose anything from doing the wipe? Thanks.
    You should not lose anything BUT.... I would manually backup unique files/items like Photos, music, docs, etc using a computer by copy/paste. If you sync your contacts and calendar with Gmail or yahoo or outlook.com, you should also not have any issues when you reestablish those accounts. I also use Backup Pro to provide myself extra backup protection.

What you can also do it, if you have patience, not restore everything immediately and see how it runs for a day or two and then restore. I would restore email and calendar, contacts to make the phone useful.

Others may have additional suggestions.
    07-20-15 03:26 PM
    You can set up Verizon Cloud to backup your pictures, videos, etc. It doesn't do to well with contacts unless you have made the contact or edited it on the phone. The point is to have multiple restore options just in case one doesn't work. Test out the backup/restore options before you wipe. You can rebuild the device in terms of apps. You may lose game status if they aren't installed on the SD card. Not sure if the whole system can be imaged but you probably don't want to restore that as your problems may come back.
    FF22 and storeytime like this.
    07-21-15 07:14 AM
    I have a z10 at&t with 10.3.2.680 and the phone lags when answered and locks up off and on. I didn't have this problem before this update.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 01:57 PM
    Have you tried to disable the "run as minimized" feature? Go to App manager>App permissions screen>Amazon. The "run as minimized" appears to be enabled by default.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I went to App Manager>App Permissions and turned off a bunch of things which were running in the background and when minimized. I did a hard reset as well. My batter life has drastically improved. I now have 50-55% left after 24 hrs use. This compares to previous life of just 10-15% by days end with a top up in between. Awesome!
    07-21-15 04:11 PM
76 123 ...