I have been having major issues with my phone over the last few weeks and am running out of ideas.

I had posted about PIM issues before and made some changes but still running into issues.

I charged my phone last night at 12:30 it was at 100% and I woke up at 7 and it was down to 50%. PIM services have used up 24% and text messaging is at 12% which is strange because I was a sleep. I received 2-3 texts overnight.

I have changed the sync times on the accounts that would allow it, most are set to manual or 24 hours. I have a Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook, linkedin and twitter. What else could cause this, usually I notice the drain because the phone gets abnormally hot. I need to reboot and things settle down.

The other issue is I delete mass emails from my Hotmail account, I have it set to delete from handheld and server. A day later I will see notifications on the screen and some of the emails are back and I need to delete them again. This issue is starting to drive me insane.

I had done a security wipe a month ago, may need to do that again and perhaps load 10.3.

Anyone have any suggestions, I have attached some screen shots.
    Battery issues - Help - Losing 50% in 6 hours when phone is idle-img_20140728_073240.png
    Battery issues - Help - Losing 50% in 6 hours when phone is idle-img_20140728_073253.png

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    07-28-14 09:33 AM
    I noticed only one picture here is the other.
    Battery issues - Help - Losing 50% in 6 hours when phone is idle-img_20140728_073240.png

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 09:34 AM
    I never had this issue with My Z30. Do you download Android apps? Check those as some Android apps contain malware and one of the signs of an infection is overheating and large data consumption without user's knowledge. Otherwise it seems like a hardware issue.
    07-28-14 09:40 AM
    I've got a few android apps installed as well as snap and amazon app store.

The Android apps I have are Reebee, Lync, Concur, netflix, speedtest and Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 10:14 AM
    I don't know about the Android apps that you mentioned but I would delete WhatsApp and see if that fixes the issue. It's a known battery killer.

I would also do a hard boot... hold down both up/down volume keys until you see the BlackBerry logo.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 05:55 PM
    I don't know about the Android apps that you mentioned but I would delete WhatsApp and see if that fixes the issue. It's a known battery killer.

I would also do a hard boot... hold down both up/down volume keys until you see the BlackBerry logo.

Posted via CB10
    Whatsapp is not the culprit here!!..if it was so Whatsapp battery consumption would not be 0.16 %..

You can definitely see its PIM and text messaging service that is causing the battery drain.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    07-28-14 06:24 PM
    I noticed only one picture here is the other.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140728_073240.png 
Views:	1069 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	287423

Posted via CB10
    Try the following,

1. Check application permissions and make sure "Email and PIN messages" as well as "Text Messages" are not turned on for applications that don't need it..like Whatsapp for example. Only give access to things that apps only need. So go check every apps applications permissions and turn off what is not needed for the app.

2. Make sure your Gmail and got mail account settings are set to sync every 24 hrs or manually.

3. Also once the above 2 are done you can also try and do a hard reset.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    07-28-14 06:29 PM
    In device monitor, scroll down to mobile and wifi usage and see if they are high. If so, it might help to turn those off or maybe even check the GPS because ads some apps with location-based Ads will keep it on.
    07-28-14 06:40 PM
    Try having data services off for one night.
    You still get phone calls and sms but not mms.

For PIM services, how many email account do you have?
    What are their sync intervals?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions I will go through the app permissions to see if anything there is the culprit.

Sync is turned to manual for most accounts and where manual was not an option I set it to 24 hours.

I have already done a hard boot with the volume buttons. I will also try turning off data and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 08:08 PM
    My Z30 went from 2 days to 6 hours before draining completely.

Eventually found the culprit. I bought a new SD card, then I change my 'connect to dropbox' app settings. I think the app was confused trying to sync data only via wifi, but not being on wifi (I had turned wifi on to sync, then off to save battery).

Now 'Battery' tab in device monitor was showing dropbox using 2.6%, which wasn't really that much. Finally checked CPU tab and it was 24%.
    Deleted the app and hard rebooted, back to 2 days!

Thought I'd share.
    08-13-14 06:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually it's not necessary to hold to the logo, just hold until the screen goes black. The logo appears at the beginning of boot up, after the actual shutdown.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 03:41 PM
    Just delete and re-add the accounts (if you haven't already done so). This worked for me. Give it a shot and let us know if it worked out for you or not.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 03:47 PM
    Thanks for all the responses, what I did was deleted and 're added all the accounts and then didn't sync contacts.
    Waited a day then added the contract syncing. Everything appeared to work fine. I am now using a different phone but for a week after the change, battery life was still good.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-15-14 12:58 PM