It really is all carrier dependent on which one will work for you. Just have to try some.
    tried one and killed mine
    had to reload complete OS...
    but seems a daily morning reboot enhances the battery life somehow...
    03-19-15 07:44 AM
    tried one and killed mine
    had to reload complete OS...
    but seems a daily morning reboot enhances the battery life somehow...
    Did you make sure it was for your model? I have never had a radio autoloader kill my phone.
    03-19-15 07:53 AM
    Security wipe and reload, it worked to me
    03-19-15 08:40 AM
    I'm having terrible battery drain with 10.3

Before I would often have > 50% at the end of the day. Now, even on days when I hardly use it, the battery dies by mid-afternoon. I've tried various things suggested - waiting 3 days (it's been over a week now), turning off this and that, killing Android apps and it hasn't made much difference.

I'm now looking at the security wipe and reload option. But before I do it, I'd like to understand a bit more about what's involved.

If I do a backup, security wipe, reload and restore - what actually gets restored? Everything - including 3party apps? I have Snap and a bunch of stuff from there - would I have all those back again? What about apps from Amazon loaded since 10.3?

Does all my customisation of home screen, display etc get restored too? I spent forever sorting out my icons and groups and things.

And what about the contents of the SD card? Can I just remove the card and reinsert it after everything's done, or does it also need to be wiped and restored?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions. I'm very new to all this. Thanks
    03-20-15 06:27 PM
    I am "glad" to read I am not the only one... I really feel there is a significantly more drain on battery after latest update...

Battery on 10.3.1-img_20150321_103220.png

Posted via CB10 / Z30 10.3.1.1767
    03-20-15 09:44 PM
    I'm having terrible battery drain with 10.3

Before I would often have > 50% at the end of the day. Now, even on days when I hardly use it, the battery dies by mid-afternoon. I've tried various things suggested - waiting 3 days (it's been over a week now), turning off this and that, killing Android apps and it hasn't made much difference.

I'm now looking at the security wipe and reload option. But before I do it, I'd like to understand a bit more about what's involved.

If I do a backup, security wipe, reload and restore - what actually gets restored? Everything - including 3party apps? I have Snap and a bunch of stuff from there - would I have all those back again? What about apps from Amazon loaded since 10.3?

Does all my customisation of home screen, display etc get restored too? I spent forever sorting out my icons and groups and things.

And what about the contents of the SD card? Can I just remove the card and reinsert it after everything's done, or does it also need to be wiped and restored?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions. I'm very new to all this. Thanks
    I can't swear to it but when I used an Autoloader about a week ago, I believe most of my apps including ones purchased or download from Amazon were restored when I did do the restore. BUT SNAP was not restored. And possibly others that I don't recall. But it did restore the Icon order and many other settings. It did not restore my Static IP address.which I set up for wifi. I believe some other tweaks also needed restoration.

Have you looked at Device Monitor and determined what is running and using the battery? At the bottom of that screen you can tap CPU and see what is running that way, too.
    wibble-the-womble likes this.
    03-21-15 12:23 AM
    Could be better

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-21-15 01:31 AM
    Did you make sure it was for your model? I have never had a radio autoloader kill my phone.
    It usually happens if you have had previously upgraded via Blitz.

To fix it, you need to autoload just the core OS.

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582
    03-21-15 01:37 AM
    Could anyone share the link??

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 01:51 AM
    Yes, device monitor doesn't shed much light. There are no rogue apps shown there - right now I'm at 16% after 8 hours from full charge and system is showing the highest battery usage at 21% and screen at 19% (although it's set on lowest brightness).

The other thing - and maybe this is not surprising - is that it consistently underperforms its own predictions. Right now (and just dropped to 15%) it's saying 3 hours remaining. I'll be surprised if I get another hour out of it, even if I don't do much more than check the monitor every now and again.

In terms of CPU, system is again the highest at 57% over the last 12 hours.

I'm using the phone about as much as usual, doing all the same sort of things and the battery is literally lasting about half as long. I think I will have to do the reload/restore thing, even though I'm a bit wary of what I might lose. Right now I can't really cope with a phone that only lasts 2/3 of my day. Charging during the day isn't always that easy for me and I need to be able to rely on my phone.
    03-21-15 10:11 AM
    Yes, device monitor doesn't shed much light. There are no rogue apps shown there - right now I'm at 16% after 8 hours from full charge and system is showing the highest battery usage at 21% and screen at 19% (although it's set on lowest brightness).

The other thing - and maybe this is not surprising - is that it consistently underperforms its own predictions. Right now (and just dropped to 15%) it's saying 3 hours remaining. I'll be surprised if I get another hour out of it, even if I don't do much more than check the monitor every now and again.

In terms of CPU, system is again the highest at 57% over the last 12 hours.

I'm using the phone about as much as usual, doing all the same sort of things and the battery is literally lasting about half as long. I think I will have to do the reload/restore thing, even though I'm a bit wary of what I might lose. Right now I can't really cope with a phone that only lasts 2/3 of my day. Charging during the day isn't always that easy for me and I need to be able to rely on my phone.
    What 10.3 are you using?

I don't recall which OS I had but SYSTEM was chomping on the battery, too. For a while it kind of cycled. Normal for a day or two. Then CHOMP for a day or two (40% System), back to normal. Finally, it just stayed awful. That's when I loaded a newer 10.3 OS and it has been fine (fingers crossed) since. I think the one that fixed it was the OS that caused BLACK SCREEN failures for some users. Being a bit scared of that one I loaded a different 10.3.1 and just two days ago loaded the most recent (highest number!!!) OS. So far, so good.

But I have to say, your mileage may vary. I never did get any good explanation of what is happening under SYSTEM (I did create a thread).

Good luck
    wibble-the-womble likes this.
    03-21-15 12:49 PM
    According to BB Link I'm running software release 10.3.1.1784 and OS 10.3.1.2582 (not sure which number is significant?).

Mine has just been awful for quite a few days now - but I don't remember exactly when it updated. How did you reload? I'm slightly confused by autoloading, security wipes, sachesi and reloads.

From googling, it seems several people strongly recommend autoloading and I'm downloading the file now but it's a lower number (2558) than above so not sure if that's wise or not. I presume that a simple reload from BB Link isn't enough - or do you think that's worth a try? I'm not sure I want to go through the restore and rebuilding effort twice, so hence choosing the biggest hammer to (hopefully) crack this nut.

And - I'm slightly puzzled about the security wipe. Given I'm not getting rid of the phone, but will be reinstating everything (hopefully!) is there any point in doing this? Or is it a sensible step to cure whatever gremlin I have?
    03-21-15 03:42 PM
    My batterie is also draining so fast.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 02:44 AM
    My batterie is also draining so fast.

Posted via CB10
    Since you are using CB10 to post, type

myver (and then press the spacebar)

It will autocorrect and provide your Model and OS version

Next

Open Device Monitor and see what is using the Battery. Then tap the CPU tab at the bottom and what is using the cpu?
    03-22-15 08:57 AM
    Just to report back - I have done the autoload of 10.3.1.2582, followed by a security wipe and a restore.

The restore brought back all my apps except Snap, which I loaded up, and then spent a while updating most of my apps.

Since then, battery life has still been poor, but I'm still in that early 48 hour period so am hopeful it may settle down over the next few days as so many report.

To anyone thinking of doing a reload of the OS, I was a complete novice to all this stuff but found it very straightforward to do. The instructions linked earlier are very clear and everything happened just as it said.
    03-24-15 05:42 PM
    I finally had a chance to to wipe my device and re install. It fixed the isuue! I have Fantastic battery life again, I was going to update to the leaked os but it didn't take for some reason. Maybe for the better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-24-15 06:06 PM
    Two days now on the 2582 and battery life feels again like "the old days"...
    Also, phone does not feel so hot anymore.

Posted via CB10 / Z30 10.3.1.2582
    03-25-15 07:27 AM
92 ... 234