May I ask how you guys have resolved this issue?

My Z suddenly will freeze up after a couple of minutes and won't respond to anything. The only thing it responds to, is when the screen timeout limit reaches and the display turns off, then i can swipe to wake. But after that swipe it is frozen again and will only do the aforementioned after the timeout limit. Volume button reset doesn't work and it will only turn off by holding the power button for a couple of seconds. Does the same when it boots up again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I PM'd YOU! Check your messages!
    eldricho likes this.
    11-01-15 12:35 PM
    Today is the day I do it, but which do I run? A factory reset or an autoloader.

I want to wipe my Verizon Z30 of everything and start it over. The problems I am having are waaaay too numerous to mention but it is practically unusable.

So, which is it. Do I do a factory reset or an autoloader?

BlackBerry Link does see the device but won't make a backup. However I don't care. My contacts should be on the Exchange server (I hope.) Photos don't really matter.

Thanks for you input!
    12-05-15 04:40 PM
    I'm looking in BlackBerry Link.

What's the difference between "Factory Reset" under "Backup & Restore" versus "Reload Device Software" under preferences?

It seems that "Reload Device Software" would be the more thorough zap of my Z30 and would the one that I want.
    12-05-15 04:59 PM
    I _THINK_ a Factory Reset will merely wipe out your data and probably Settings but not alter the OS. Whereas the other would also REload the OS. An Autoloader is DESTRUCTIVE and will delete everything on the phone and start it fresh with the OS in the Autoloader.

You can copy photos/music/videos/etc - that is DATA files to you computer or cloud. Restoring those items should not impair the device.

I have not tried reloading the OS via BBlink since I got a new, faster isp, and, therefore, faster Internet. The last time, BBLink was so slow trying to download the OS via the internet. I used an Autoloader. At least, that way, I knew the Autoloader was being downloaded and could monitor its progress. Via BBLink, you only get a progress bar which was pretty slow and meaningless. I was also able to download the Autoloader at a Starbucks using their faster wifi service (than my isp).

With an Autoloader you can select the OS you want to install. Otherwise you will get the OS offered by your carrier (via sim card).

Good luck
    12-05-15 05:08 PM
    Thanks to the input provided here from F2 and LostBoy5151, I did the factory reset which wiped the device, zapped all BlackBerry processes, plugged it in and ran the AutoLoader and five minutes later, I have what I believe to be a factory fresh Z30.

Yeahhhh!!!!!!!!! And the top power /lock button is working again !!!!!!!!!!!!! I was fixin to dig in and replace the frame and button assembly but something inside me said it was not a hardware issue. This alone will make my mobile life better!

Again, thanks to all for the help.

I'll post back here to this thread of the problems return or need additional assistance.

Cheerios!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-05-15 06:49 PM
    For those so interested, this is the CrackBerry page from which I downloaded 10.3.2.2813

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1051879/

Specifically, I obtained the file Z30_10.3.02.2813_STA100-1-2-3-4-5-6.7z from:

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/Qf2R4...5nyziAuKM76a-v

One interesting tidbit is that on Verizon, my phone now has the data usage monitor. General observation suggests that Verizon turned this feature off.

And, BTW, everything is still working quite nicely.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-05-15 10:49 PM
    For those so interested, this is the CrackBerry page from which I downloaded 10.3.2.2813

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1051879/

Specifically, I obtained the file Z30_10.3.02.2813_STA100-1-2-3-4-5-6.7z from:

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/Qf2R4...5nyziAuKM76a-v

One interesting tidbit is that on Verizon, my phone now has the data usage monitor. General observation suggests that Verizon turned this feature off.

And, BTW, everything is still working quite nicely.
    That is very interesting.
    12-05-15 11:34 PM
    I received some direct feedback suggesting that I made this up therefore I submit here two screen shots as evidence:

Autoloader or Factory Reset on VZW Z30?-img_20151207_182327.png Autoloader or Factory Reset on VZW Z30?-img_20151207_182344.png

Clearly I am on WiFi most of the time.

I had swiped up partially to get the carrier to show at the top and maintain the content as large as possible.
    12-07-15 06:30 PM
    I PM'd YOU! Check your messages!
    Guess what, Lostboy5151 .... It's back !

I just had a call that I could not answer from the alarm company. I've got to do something about this.

The delays started progressively. Symptoms include:
    • Taking anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds to get the information for a contact to display
    • Searches take start at 15 seconds; even loading the "Search" feature takes 15 seconds on its own
    • The top power button quit working reliably (long holds still power the phone off but shorter presses will not 'lock' the device; the is no in between)
    • The panorama feature of the stock camera doesn't work anymore
    • GPS does not work
    • The "Swipe-Up" gesture is often unresponsive.
    • and now the delays placing and receiving calls is back with a vengeance.

If I reboot the device, the GPS works again for a while but sometimes the symptoms are lessened, but they do not take long to return.

To recap, I used the autoloader as described, I have set up two email accounts, one IMAP and one ActiveSync and I have installed three applications:

1. GasBuddy
    2. Weather Radar USA
    3. Camera++
    4. Paper Pusher Scanner

I believe that the last three are native applications. Otherwise, no side-loaded applications. No Google Play or Snap.

According to the device monitor:
    • Battery life is okay.
    • There is 9.89 GB of free space
    • Since the reinstall, I have used about 80 Megs of mobile data
    • WiFi data usage includes:
      • About 1 GB by "Standby"
      • About 100 MB by "PIM Services"
      • About 85 MB by "Browser"

What is "Standby" using so much data for? True that it is WiFi, but still.

Anyhow, that's about all of the information that I can think of providing here.

Do you have any suggestions as to what my next step should be?
    12-27-15 02:01 PM
34 12