Since I know most of us would like this feature but can't get a hold of the Verizon model. Well since these have now been out for sometime, does anyone have dead one they're willing To take a screw driver to and figure out what was added to this model to make it different? If you have one but don't know enough to identify parts, are you will into give it to someone who can?
    09-27-14 10:00 AM
    I love my wireless charging. Isn't there a case you can buy that allows you to add wireless charging to your device?
    09-27-14 10:24 AM
    I haven't seen any cases, I'll do a Google search now though.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    09-27-14 11:11 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...models-916858/

Here is an option
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-27-14 11:28 AM
    I've got a Tylt vu wireless charger that heats up my Verizon Z30 phone and battery so much I don't use it anymore. Have anyone else using a wireless charger had this problem and what type of wireless charger are you using?

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    lift likes this.
    09-27-14 11:39 AM
    I love my wireless charging. Isn't there a case you can buy that allows you to add wireless charging to your device?
    What type of wireless charger are you using? Do you find it heats up the phone?

jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-27-14 11:40 AM
    I've got a Tylt vu wireless charger that heats up my Verizon Z30 phone and battery so much I don't use it anymore. Have anyone else using a wireless charger had this problem and what type of wireless charger are you using?

I have the same one. Phone does get pretty warm but I have had no issues.
    lady of the lake likes this.
    09-27-14 11:45 AM
    The phones are physically different in a few ways. The back cover is not interchangeable from the GSM to the Verizon unit. The screens are also not interchangeable. There are 8 screws to remove the Verizon screen and 10 screws for the GSM unit. Also, the Verizon unit is said to be slightly thicker. I don't have a GSM unit to compare mine to. So there is no quick or easy way to just add into a GSM unit the wireless charging that is built into the Verizon Z30.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-14 12:24 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 01:43 PM
    I have a Tylt and love it
    kbz1960 and lady of the lake like this.
    09-27-14 02:33 PM
    The phones are physically different in a few ways. The back cover is not interchangeable from the GSM to the Verizon unit. The screens are also not interchangeable. There are 8 screws to remove the Verizon screen and 10 screws for the GSM unit. Also, the Verizon unit is said to be slightly thicker. I don't have a GSM unit to compare mine to. So there is no quick or easy way to just add into a GSM unit the wireless charging that is built into the Verizon Z30.
    Ah ok. It would be nice if someone did a hardware breakdown (on a dead unit) to show the parts etc. Once we see the physical parts, the techies can figure out if they can make them fit.

The USB charging device shown above is interesting and I've seen this before but forgot about it. I wonder how it compares to the built in wireless charging as far as rate of charge.

09-27-14 02:51 PM
    Duh, it is the best ever !
    09-27-14 06:58 PM
    I use the Incipio Ghost 100 wireless charger that I got at the VZW store and I love it. It doesn't get too terribly hot, just a little warm but it charges at 1.0 A so it's fairly decent.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:06 PM
    The Tylt works great with my VZW Z30. No heat whatsoever. Could be because I use my trusty BlackBerry blue/black case.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    09-27-14 08:00 PM

I found the same thing. After doing some research on wireless charging I learned that's it's not battery friendly. It's a nice convenience but one that will lead to eventual battery degradation because of the heat created, no matter how much that may be.

Because the Z30 is a fixed battery, I chose to go back to regular USB charging. A bit more work but at least it maximizes battery life.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.0.1154
    09-28-14 09:02 AM
    I have a "PowerBot" wireless charger that I found on Amazon for like $12.00! It gets the job done with no issues like overheating.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:14 PM
    I found the same thing. After doing some research on wireless charging I learned that's it's not battery friendly. It's a nice convenience but one that will lead to eventual battery degradation because of the heat created, no matter how much that may be.

Because the Z30 is a fixed battery, I chose to go back to regular USB charging. A bit more work but at least it maximizes battery life.

Heat is a battery killer. I also don't use wireless charging because of the heat issue.
    howards likes this.
    09-28-14 08:58 PM

I don't want to hear this! I so prefer wireless charging... say it ain't so

Would the OEM verizon version be subject to the same issue/concern? Or if there is no heat, there is no issue?

09-28-14 09:03 PM
    I have a Verizon Z30. When I use wireless charging (I have tried 2 different ones) the back of the phone gets pretty warm. When I use the wall charger there is no heat at all on the back of the phone. I am playing it safe and stopped using wireless charging.
    09-28-14 09:30 PM

I have two Tylt Vu chargers (one at home and one at work) and I just bought my sister one for her birthday. No issues with our Vu's and our Z30's.
    09-29-14 11:55 AM
    I have two Tylt Vu chargers (one at home and one at work) and I just bought my sister one for her birthday. No issues with our Vu's and our Z30's.
    Are you using the built in verizon receiver or did you have to add one? If so, which did you add?

Anyone know if the Qi works with the Tylt? I assume there's a new standard now that powermat doesn't use?

09-29-14 12:40 PM
    What type of wireless charger are you using? Do you find it heats up the phone?

mine does not heat up my phone at all. I will get you the link to what I bought....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9B7ALK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
    09-29-14 07:29 PM
    I have a Verizon Z30. When I use wireless charging (I have tried 2 different ones) the back of the phone gets pretty warm. When I use the wall charger there is no heat at all on the back of the phone. I am playing it safe and stopped using wireless charging.
    I leave mine on the charger all night. I never notice any extra heat....
    09-29-14 07:31 PM
    While checking out jaydee5799's link to her wireless charger on Amazon I noticed the Tylt Vu wireless charger has a newer version called TMVEL T2 Qi wireless charger that turns itself off once the phone is charged which may help with the overheating of the battery. Any thoughts?
    Anyway To Add Wireless Charging To A Non VZW Z30?-img_20140930_070215.png

09-30-14 09:05 AM
    While checking out jaydee5799's link to her wireless charger on Amazon I noticed the Tylt Vu wireless charger has a newer version called TMVEL T2 Qi wireless charger that turns itself off once the phone is charged which may help with the overheating of the battery. Any thoughts?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140930_070215.png 
Views:	431 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	301810

You have a VZW phone that's overheating when on a wireless charger???
    09-30-14 10:28 AM
52 123