Here's a little something I tried.

I love the naked feel(rubbery back), but I don't want to drop and damage it. I got a transform case, but it's slippery in my shirt pocket.

Soooo...I got a can of plastidip glossifier. If anyone's messed with plastidip, you'd know it's a very nice rubbery feel(rubber coat in a spray can)

I sprayed 3 layers.

I wasn't too concerned cosmetically how it would look. I just needed it to be functional, so I taped off a big rectangle. Will update this post tomorrow after it sits and dries. Btw, the back now has a nice glossy look.

Anyone tired of z30 falling outta pocket?-img_20140407_223629.jpg
    Anyone tired of z30 falling outta pocket?-img_20140407_223916.jpg
    Anyone tired of z30 falling outta pocket?-img_20140407_225037.jpg
    Anyone tired of z30 falling outta pocket?-img_20140407_223942.jpg

Posted via CB10
    VR6 and heading4tomorrow like this.
    04-07-14 10:55 PM
    And, the end product pictures? What does it look like? It's tomorrow already.. --Edit, oops, didn't realize it's pass midnight already..
    Also, any reason you had to mask it into a big rectangle and not just spray all over on the back?
    04-07-14 11:08 PM
    Kinda dicey

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:23 PM
    Yes very interesting..looking forward to the end result pics?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:24 PM
    Looking forward to seeing the results!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 02:13 AM
    Plasti dip is the bees knees, can't wait to see the final result.
    04-08-14 04:15 AM
    Anyone tired of z30 falling outta pocket?-img_20140408_063554.jpg

It has a very nice rubbery feel. Not like the z30's back cover, but definitely will grab on to whatever you need it to.

On the left side, I peeled it to show plastidip doesn't do any harm. Comes right off. Sprays as a liquid and dries into a rubber coating. The letters lifted, but I imagine that's Cuz I left it in the cold garage. Btw, I use this on my car. As a matter a fact, if you YouTube dipmycar, you'd see cars fully dipped in plastidip, front to rear. This should be done around room temperature.

I didn't wanna have any issues with camera, that's why I didn't spray the whole thing, but now I'm contemplating it. Plus, I did this at 11 o'clock just cause my ADD kicked in. I probably will spray the whole thing today

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-08-14 06:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140408_063554.jpg 
Views:	1357 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	261503

It has a very nice rubbery feel. Not like the z30's back cover, but definitely will grab on to whatever you need it to.

On the left side, I peeled it to show plastidip doesn't do any harm. Comes right off. Sprays as a liquid and dries into a rubber coating. The letters lifted, but I imagine that's Cuz I left it in the cold garage. Btw, I use this on my car. As a matter a fact, if you YouTube dipmycar, you'd see cars fully dipped in plastidip, front to rear. This should be done around room temperature.

I didn't wanna have any issues with camera, that's why I didn't spray the whole thing, but now I'm contemplating it. Plus, I did this at 11 o'clock just cause my ADD kicked in. I probably will spray the whole thing today

Posted via CB10
    I thought it would be more "plasticy" compared to what you have above, it does look like a very thin coat.
    I have a heck load of cases around and I don't mind mutilating or experimenting on them. Especially the bumper I have, I hate the glossy finish, definitely would love to make it less slippery and matte using all sort of sprays.

PS: There are also "liner in a can" type of products that you can use, the end result is rougher surface that's a lot more grippy, depending on the softness you choose.
    04-08-14 12:20 PM
    This is what it's going to look like. I coated the whole case with 6 coats.
    Anyone tired of z30 falling outta pocket?-img_20140408_130449.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 01:23 PM
    Anyone tired of z30 falling outta pocket?-img_20140408_140233.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 02:03 PM
    Nice! Love your idea. I'm thinking of doing this
    But idk I love my Z30 naked but the dear of seeing a scratch on it is even bigger so I use a case on it.

From my White Z30
    04-08-14 02:12 PM
    I thought it would be more "plasticy" compared to what you have above, it does look like a very thin coat.
    I have a heck load of cases around and I don't mind mutilating or experimenting on them. Especially the bumper I have, I hate the glossy finish, definitely would love to make it less slippery and matte using all sort of sprays.

PS: There are also "liner in a can" type of products that you can use, the end result is rougher surface that's a lot more grippy, depending on the softness you choose.
    This stuff is pretty Damn sticky. It doesn't slide into my pocket anymore. I have to give it a little nudge, but it ain't going nowhere!

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    04-08-14 02:39 PM
    Nice! Love your idea. I'm thinking of doing this
    But idk I love my Z30 naked but the dear of seeing a scratch on it is even bigger so I use a case on it.

From my White Z30
    After seeing one post after another with shattered screens on Z30, I really prefer ugly looking but functional device to a beautiful sexy sleek device that can get smashed into pieces with a fall.
    Time to time I remove it from it's case (at home, on carpeted floor, sitting on a fluffy couch) and use it like that for a few minutes than slap the case back on. Enough thrill ride for the day.
    04-08-14 03:49 PM
    Nope the Z30 is only for people with deep pockets:-)
    04-08-14 03:54 PM
    I don't believe you need a protective case all the time. That's why I got the leather pocket for the Z30.

When I am at home..it's naked..only use the leather pocket when I go out.

So I get the flexibility of protection when I need it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 04:39 PM
    I don't believe you need a protective case all the time. That's why I got the leather pocket for the Z30.

When I am at home..it's naked..only use the leather pocket when I go out.

So I get the flexibility of protection when I need it.

Posted via CB10
    But you still have to take it out of leather pocket to take a call, and when your hands are full it's really a whole production to answer the phone, especially outside. Which adds to the risk of dropping it. I find the bumper to be the best of both worlds, I still can stroke that back whenever I feel like it and it doesn't add that much bulk. I wonder if one of those super shields work against drops, the ones that you cover the whole phone in plastic film.
    04-08-14 04:46 PM
    My hands are never "full" when I use my phone..

Why would I pick up my phone and use it if my hands are occupied with something else..actually one should never do that.

In fact it's quiet easy. When I take my phone out of the leather pocket the screen turns on..I don't need to swipe to turn it on the device.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-08-14 04:49 PM
    My hands are never "full" when I use my phone..

Why would I pick up my phone and use it if my hands are occupied with something else..actually one should never do that.

In fact it's quiet easy. When I take my phone out of the leather pocket the screen turns on..I don't need to swipe to turn it on the device.

Posted via CB10
    Can you pull out the phone out of pouch with one hand and answer it?
    Also, I understand you don't use a password. Even without a password, it requires two hands. So you pretty much never answer the phone unless you have both hands available. Don't get me wrong, I loved the pouch when I had it for my all other blackberries in the past, but with Z30 it just doesn't seem to work that well anymore for some reason, maybe I use the phone whole lot more now.
    04-08-14 07:23 PM
    Can you pull out the phone out of pouch with one hand and answer it?
    Also, I understand you don't use a password. Even without a password, it requires two hands. So you pretty much never answer the phone unless you have both hands available. Don't get me wrong, I loved the pouch when I had it for my all other blackberries in the past, but with Z30 it just doesn't seem to work that well anymore for some reason, maybe I use the phone whole lot more now.
    Depends on hand size and preference. I can enter my password and answer a call with one hand. Mind you I use the leather case so I have to use two hands to take it out.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 07:30 PM
    Depends on hand size and preference. I can enter my password and answer a call with one hand. Mind you I use the leather case so I have to use two hands to take it out.

Posted via CB10
    Right, I was referring to RafiqK's response about not using the phone and how the phone is on when taken out of pouch. So you still need two hands to answer it basically, unless BT earpiece is used most of the time.
    04-08-14 11:23 PM