In my quest to find a means to purchase a Z30, I'm wondering if anyone has managed to import a STA100-5 in the US, and run it on either T-Mobile or AT&T. If so, what carrier or shop did you purchase it at? Are you finding it fully compatible with LTE?
    10-20-13 05:40 PM
    I am very interested in the answer to this thread as well...
    10-20-13 06:07 PM
    As am I...someone must have tried this...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:11 PM
    I've tried to search the meanings behind the different model numbers. I know it is partly to do with different regions, but does anyone know what else it means? I want to get the best one in accordance to Canadian cell towers.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:16 PM
    From my understanding, all models work with any carrier's 3g. However LTE is what makes it tricky. - 4 is supposed to work with AT&T and Verizon LTE.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    10-20-13 06:33 PM
    From my understanding, all models work with any carrier's 3g. However LTE is what makes it tricky. - 4 is supposed to work with AT&T and Verizon LTE.

Posted via CB10
    Personally, I'm on T-Mobile and wish to stay with them. So I'm going to hold out for the -5 for the LTE. From what I've gathered, AT&T and T-Mobile may or may not carry them. The BlackBerry store will likely wait for a period of time after the Verizon variant is in stores. So it could potentially be a long wait for the -5 to be officially available in the US.

With Bell Canada and Telus shipping the -5, I figure some may make it to the US, but unfortunately I don't have a contact in Canada to ship me one. Actually at this time with the open ended question of US availability I'd be happy to pay a $100 premium over cost, to get one. That may change in the future if a date becomes known, but at the moment, I'd gladly pay that if the opportunity presents itself.
    10-20-13 07:00 PM
    I've tried to search the meanings behind the different model numbers. I know it is partly to do with different regions, but does anyone know what else it means? I want to get the best one in accordance to Canadian cell towers.

Posted via CB10
    Check out raino's thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/
    xBURK and tryfe like this.
    10-20-13 07:06 PM
    Thank you, I was trying to find something like this on the net.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:19 PM
    I live in Florida. My STA100-5 will be here with the mail in the next hour or so. I'm on t-mobile. I'll update here when I have some something to share.
    10-21-13 10:11 AM

With Bell Canada and Telus shipping the -5, I figure some may make it to the US, but unfortunately I don't have a contact in Canada to ship me one. Actually at this time with the open ended question of US availability I'd be happy to pay a $100 premium over cost, to get one. That may change in the future if a date becomes known, but at the moment, I'd gladly pay that if the opportunity presents itself.
    I like the cut of your jib. No fear and focused.
    jupiter8 likes this.
    10-21-13 10:23 AM
    I would be interested as well, as I posted a similar request but I didn't get a good response. Any additional information (e.g. carrier, LTE support, etc.) from users with a BB z30 being used in the US this would be greatly appreciated.
    10-21-13 10:42 AM
    I live in Florida. My STA100-5 will be here with the mail in the next hour or so. I'm on t-mobile. I'll update here when I have some something to share.
    Yes, please keep us updated. May I ask where you purchased it from?
    10-21-13 12:15 PM
    Yes, please keep us updated. May I ask where you purchased it from?
    A fellow crackberry forums member made the purchase for me and shipped it here. I paid him via paypal. I'll direct him to this thread in case he wants to do it for someone else.
    10-21-13 12:23 PM
    A fellow crackberry forums member made the purchase for me and shipped it here. I paid him via paypal. I'll direct him to this thread in case he wants to do it for someone else.
    Yup, I'm willing to do this at cost. Let's spread some BlackBerry love.

I'm tied up with an important interview until Wednesday afternoon, but if anyone is interested, I can check with the local Telus store on Thursday. If they have stock, it'll be around 4 business days shipped to the states. Otherwise, I'd have to order online, which adds another 3 days to a week to the delivery time.
    10-21-13 01:35 PM
    Yup, I'm willing to do this at cost. Let's spread some BlackBerry love.

I'm tied up with an important interview until Wednesday afternoon, but if anyone is interested, I can check with the local Telus store on Thursday. If they have stock, it'll be around 4 business days shipped to the states. Otherwise, I'd have to order online, which adds another 3 days to a week to the delivery time.
    Hey everyone. I know it can be a little scary sending someone money on paypal trusting that a phone will arrive in the mail a few days later. I can vouch for BravoZuluDelta ^^. After a few messages back and forth he sent me an invoice, I paid it, and a few days later my phone arrived. He's a good man, and an asset to our crackberry community.
    James
    10-21-13 10:15 PM
    As far as how the device is working here in Florida on t-mobile; I can attest that the STA100-5 from Telus works great. Today I got LTE in places I never new LTE existed. Just keep in mind that you'll have to find a way to unlock it. I don't think that's too difficult though.
    10-21-13 10:18 PM
    Thank you BravoZuluDelta and JJStripes for being so willing to help a forum member out to get a Z30! PM sent.
    10-21-13 10:41 PM
    Ok great, so STA 100-5 is the one I will have to keep my eyes open for. I'd prefer to buy one through T-Mobile so I can actually use their new upgrade program pricing for once, but it is good to know that one will work on T-Mobile LTE here in the states. Thanks for the update!
    10-22-13 07:14 AM
    Thanks to BravoZuluDelta and JJStripes for letting us know the outcome and what us US BB users have in terms of options for getting the z30. If nothing is released before the holidays, BravoZuluDelta I may be hitting you up for a z30.

Thanks again for the good informaiton
    10-22-13 09:20 AM
    I went and got an extra Z30 today, in case they changed the pricing or stopped selling off-contract. If anyone else wants one shipped to the states, it's 4 days with tracking. Otherwise, I'll hang onto this one as my own.
    10-29-13 12:11 PM
    I just BBMed my Canadian contact and offered a bonus if my Z30 ships before COB Thursday. Hopefully that will get things moving a bit faster. It will be an unlocked Bell. I don't want to wait for white so I'm getting black.
    I need your contact and I'm willing to pay to play

Q10/Z10/iPhone
    10-29-13 12:26 PM
    Meeeeeee

Q10/Z10/iPhone
    10-29-13 12:27 PM
    I went and got an extra Z30 today, in case they changed the pricing or stopped selling off-contract. If anyone else wants one shipped to the states, it's 4 days with tracking. Otherwise, I'll hang onto this one as my own.
    Meeeeeee PIN: 7BA074CC

Q10/Z10/iPhone
    10-29-13 12:27 PM
    Meeeeeee PIN: 7BA074CC

Q10/Z10/iPhone
    Do you know if the STA100-5 works with Verizon? All other phones I have sent out have been to T-Mobile customers. If it works for you, I have no problem sending one out.
    10-29-13 12:47 PM
    I'm looking for one to work with tmobile!!!!!!

Q10/Z10/iPhone
    10-29-13 12:50 PM
101 123 ...