Hello All. I just did a search for this update in the forums and nothing was returned. (I got a non-SIM notification today from BB of this update.)

Has anyone been running this and has it screwed up anything that my current stable 10.3.2.440 already resolved? I'm looking at you clickety-click keyboard! Has it made Wi-Fi better?!

I generally like to run the latest OS, but only when the good it does outweighs its "evils"!

TIA.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 04:11 PM
    I have been running it for a while now and have no problems. It is the best radio for me on ATT in the USA on my Z30.
    07-07-15 04:35 PM
    OK; thanks.

I'm taking the plunge now because I'm "sure" my battery on .440 isn't as good as it was on the previous update.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 07:40 PM
    I just got it a couple hours ago, and haven't had any problems.

The battery seems to be draining a little quicker than usual, but I hope it's just because the OS is "indexing" and "settling in."

Oh, and maybe it's all in my head, but the keyboard seems to be the best it's ever been on this OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 11:14 PM
    So, it's a done deal. I don't know about this "settling in" deal, but it seems to be a popular notion on these here forums. We'll see how it goes.

I think my battery was just fine initially on .440, so I could attribute it's higher usage these past couple weeks to an app update - perhaps. Or maybe I'm just not working it as I'm supposed to. Funny thing I've noticed: I get better battery life the harder I work the BB device (not so with Android :-)). Hmmm.....
    (I've just been using my Android device more these past weeks, that's all.)

And they didn't screw-up the keyboard; yes!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 11:59 PM
    I just installed the. 2226 and found that it's slow at loading my apps. I'm going to wait and see if it settles down because the 440 install drained my battery fast at the initial install but became the best battery use install, yet. Perhaps this new install will be quicker. I did notice I have better internal memory usage, now.

Z30STA100-5/OS Ver10.3.2.680 / Software release
    07-08-15 05:45 AM
    So, it's a done deal. I don't know about this "settling in" deal, but it seems to be a popular notion on these here forums. We'll see how it goes.
    Posted via CB10
    Whenever a new OS or patch to an existing OS is applied, the system must "re-tweak and calibrate" all the core files.
    This process can sometimes take up to a few days to complete.
    During that time, it is perfectly normal to experience higher than normal system load, battery usage, and temperatures, as basically the CPU and system are constantly working in the background at a higher that normal rate.
    This is the "settling in" mentioned here and elsewhere.
    It is a normal process and one shouldn't judge performance and battery life on a new/patched OS until after a few days.
    All you need to do is be more aware of the battery level and begin charging it sooner for a few days max.

If, however, this CPU/battery load persists after a few days, then there may be an issue with the OS or an app that will need to be addressed.
    delgadom likes this.
    07-08-15 06:29 AM
    Only issue I have is that it isn't out yet in the UK... still waiting ;-) and hoping my current problems will be resolved with this new update...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 06:33 AM
    I just updated last night, and so far, I’m seeing no issues with it. I'll keep monitoring tho. I'm with T-Mobile USA

UPDATE (3:47 PM) I've had this thing off of the charger since 8:00 this morning..been replying to Facebook notifications, etc...and streaming all day...and my battery is at 59 %. I think that's pretty good....

Posted via CB10, using my Z30
    Last edited by Eli_B; 07-08-15 at 02:46 PM.
    07-08-15 08:05 AM
    A few times it didn't recognize my unlock password ,fixed by rebooting
    07-08-15 08:13 AM
    @DaFoxGrey
    I've never noticed this OS "settling in" talked about on other sites re: other OSes, especially Android.
    (This includes CB's sister site, Android Central.) But let's just agree that bears no relevance to BB's OS.

At any rate, I don't like it; I don't like it at all! My Z30 has NEVER behaved this way in all the 4-5 updates it's received. I now understand others' complaints/frustrations .

Just one more thing:
    I already mentioned this: I'm thinking this drain is due to an app update, as my battery initially behaved well on .440. So, I need to revisit the app updates I did.

In the meantime, I will do more frequent charges (which I don't usually do), restart at least once/day, and just hope it goes back to its incredible battery performance glory!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 08:33 AM
    In my personal experience, with several different BlackBerry devices over many years, I have always had "settling in" on OS install/upgrades to a degree.
    I don't own or have had any other smart devices, so first hand I can't say about Android or iOS, however friends who have those devices have also mentioned them "settling in".

As, in my experience, the settling in period varied greatly across devices and OS's, I can report:
    • Sometimes it would clear up after less than an hour, sometimes after a couple days.
    • Sometimes it was barely noticeable, sometimes I had to sweat it getting to a charger quickly.

If you have never experienced it before, count yourself lucky

My suggestion is to just leave the device be for a day, let it sit on charge, then start checking things out on it.
    When I do an OS install or upgrade, I generally do it in the evening, so I can then leave the device on charge over night to let it do it's thing.

If it's still acting up after a few days, then start looking at an app or setting issue.
    07-08-15 08:49 AM
    Updated yesterday afternoon both of mine (Passport and Z30); both on ATT and from shopBlackberry.com
    OTA download and no issues. All apps working better than expected.
    Solid update here
    07-08-15 08:57 AM
    All 100% working fine. AT&T and Rogers - unlocked Z30.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    07-08-15 09:27 AM
    Verizon 10.3.2.858 has been great so far which to be honest I've been using (obsessively) for only two days. My only issue has been with the android version of the Waze app which had an update yesterday that caused to the app to crash repeatedly. I reinstalled the previous version and it's working fine now.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    07-08-15 09:47 AM
    @DaFoxGrey
    OK. So you say overnight charging, eh? Another thing I don't do, but am willing to try - if needs be.

I just finished doing a full charge. It needed an additional ~30 to fully reach100% (without the "additional x minutes" to fully charge indication).

I'll see how it plays out these next few days then try the overnight charge if needed. I hope I don't have to go through the laborious task of app troubleshooting! Thanks.

BTW, I have had both iOS and Android (still do) and though their OS updates (like ALL others) introduces their own issues, a required "settling in" was never a factor. They always just run right off the bat.

Yes, I'm counting myself lucky with my BB10 updates too, as I never had any issues up until now. And mind you, at this timeI'm not faulting this OS update; it could still very well be a bloody misbehaving app!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 12:07 PM
    So far the Verizon mandatory10.3.2.556 upgrade has drained my Z30 battery to 27%. I've only performed a few text and email task.
    07-08-15 02:39 PM
    Let the device run down until it shuts off, then charge it fully. I had to do this after the forced update as my battery meter seemed to be reading "wrong". I did this, and now it shows what "should be in the battery", but it still drains faster than before the update, giving it a few days to settle in......Still to soon to tell, but my "guard hairs" are up on this update....
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    07-08-15 03:45 PM
    StephenZ30, the devices have there own regulator and float mode for charging.
    Float mode means once the device has reached full charge, it turns off the charger power to the battery.
    Once the device senses the battery level has dropped below full, it turns the power back on.
    They don't over charge if left on a charger.

If your device is a STA100-3, it also has built in QI charging capacity.
    This further enhances the float mode as it will also turn off the smart QI chargers until it senses the battery level is below full.
    At work, my Z30 is setting on my desk on a TYLT Vu QI charger and same at night in bedside mode.
    Once my Z30 reaches full charge, the LED goes out on the charger. After awhile, it comes back on for a bit.

Carl Estes, thanks for the info.
    I was wondering if this OS build may have had that bug from an earlier one were it could shut down the regulator if the battery drained flat, requiring a PB style "jump start". I get into the high country on occasion and always run into instances of eating through the battery if I forget to switch over to Airplane Mode.
    I haven't allowed the upgrade yet, but will most likely do so fairly soon.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-08-15 04:28 PM
    First day on this version of 10.3.2 and my battery life is significantly worst then the previous version. Hardly used my phone today, off the charger at 7:30 AM and I'm down to 35%.

Normally I still have about 50%+ battery in and around this time of the day. Hopefully the OS settles down soon.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    07-08-15 06:15 PM
    Had to perform several reboots, one hard, after the Screen Reader took over my Z30. It froze everything and I believe when I was messing with the settings I activated it for the first time. It wouldn't let me turn it off or do anything at all. After the hard reboot a message popped up asking me if I wanted to turn the screen reader off..once I did it finally turned off. Weird thing was that after the 3rd reboot I received a bunch of
    emails, which I hadn't been getting since the update yesterday. I hope things start settling down now.i have noticed my battery life is much better today.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    07-08-15 09:38 PM
    Any of you who are suffering battery drain problems, try and delete all your Android apps and see if the problem goes away. Native droids are notorious for having worse battery life as you install more apps because they constantly monitor device usage and transmit that information to developers.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 05:41 AM
    Any of you who are suffering battery drain problems, try and delete all your Android apps and see if the problem goes away. Native droids are notorious for having worse battery life as you install more apps because they constantly monitor device usage and transmit that information to developers.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not about to delete all my android apps that are working fine and didn't drain my battery to the degree being experienced on other versions of the BB10 OS, included a previous version of 10.3.2.

Either the OS needs time to settle in or this particular version of 10.3.2 is the cause and will continue to provide poor battery life. I'll reserve my conclusion as I'm only 2 days in on this update and in terms of operation my phone is working fine minus the battery performance.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-09-15 06:07 AM
    @Carl Estes
    I'm willing to do a full drain, but I had already done so just a few days before I updated (as part of my monthly drain routine), so I don't want to do another just yet.
    There is no rule that says I shouldn't /couldn't, but I prefer not to.

@DaFoxGrey
    I understand that modern batteries cannot be overcharged. I just prefer to be able to keep an eye on the devices I'm charging though. One too many horror stories! That's all. (Also, just a touch of the old habit; admittedly! :-))

@lady of the lake
    That just sounds like a bunch of anomalies! I'm glad it seems to have settled though.

@Carmels @Old_Mills
    Old_Mills, I agree with Carmels: I wouldn't want to delete ALL those possibly (not) offending apps that didn't previously drain my battery.
    In any event, I've only got a single Android app, which is shut down as long as I'm not running it - Android battery drain and all! (I know this very well, as I also run an Android alternately.)
    My other apps are upwards of 95% B4BB; I just think they *may* be more solid.

I think the consensus is to give the new code some time to fully integrate with the hardware, or "settle in", and not take drastic actions - unless those are known, proven ones.
    It's just so frustrating though to see new code mess up your beautiful hardware, wanting an immediate solution! Thanks All!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 08:35 AM
    For battery drain issues I've reduced the number of apps that have permission to run in the background and I close apps that sit idle in my device monitor . It worked for me.

Z30STA100-5/OS Ver10.3.2.680 / Software release
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-15 09:05 AM
36 12