The blackberry Z 10 is sure looking sweet, but I'm really intrigued by the Aristo. I'm hoping the Aristo will be one of the six models they release this year. I'm due to upgrade with big red at the end of May so here's hoping the Aristo will be released not long after that. Anyone of my fellow cracked berry addicts have any information to share I will greatly appreciate it.
    01-19-13 12:33 AM
    You posted this in the wrong sub-forum.

No news about it.

Edit: Thanks to the mod that moved the thread.
    Last edited by jesseh; 01-19-13 at 11:48 PM. Reason: So I don't look crazy
    01-19-13 06:49 AM
    No news on the Aristo I agree. We will have to wait until the announcement date on the 30th for anything.
    01-19-13 07:22 AM
    Odds are that what evolves from those original Aristo specs won't be out until the end of the year.
    01-19-13 11:04 AM
    The blackberry Z 10 is sure looking sweet, but I'm really intrigued by the Aristo. I'm hoping the Aristo will be one of the six models they release this year. I'm due to upgrade with big red at the end of May so here's hoping the Aristo will be released not long after that. Anyone of my fellow cracked berry addicts have any information to share I will greatly appreciate it.
    Enjoy what's out today. Tomorrow is not promised.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thunderbuck and europolska00 like this.
    02-16-13 05:45 PM
    Let them get the kinks out of BB10 with the Z10 and the Q10. Apply lessons learned to the Aristo, then release, hopefully as a Christmas offering. That needs to the the superphone they've been talking about.
    02-17-13 05:38 AM
    I agree with qbnkelt. They need to clean out the OS first and make it "complete" before releasing the Aristo.

Even if they release a superphone with crazy specs, it won't do them any good if the OS still needs upgrading. First impression is very important! They have to make Aristo look perfect in the eyes of the consumers.

Meanwhile, just get the Z10/Q10. I am pretty sure they won't be releasing the Aristo until at least Q4 of 2013. Improving the OS takes time.
    02-17-13 02:56 PM
    Aristo should be low priority until they get the Curve equivalent out
    02-17-13 05:58 PM
    The BB10 simulator you can get to write apps for BB10 has settings for 1 core, 2 cores, 4 cores, etc. Same for memory. 1,2,4,8 GB. Whatever.

The ting is, it would be easy for BBRY to drop in a faster processor and more memory. Same hardware design for the most part. Just need to repackage it as things will be different sizes.

IMHO: I think they need to go to a 4.6" screen. 5" might be tooo big.
    02-17-13 10:00 PM
    I give it 12 months before the aristo is released. The z10 was just released. The aristo will take its place, and I'm guessing the shortest lifespan for a bb the will be no less than 12 months.
    02-17-13 10:06 PM
    I'm not sure why everyone is whining about the 'Aristo'. Even with the leaked specs it's not exactly gonna be top of the pile so what's this 'superphone' talk?

If you agree BB10 is all about the experience, why wait for an unspecified period in the future for something that you can have right now?

Finally with the assertion by BlackBerry that for a while to come we'll get only 4.2 inch screens, doesn't that put to rest any rumors of a big screen Aristo?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    02-17-13 10:08 PM
    I'm not sure why everyone is whining about the 'Aristo'. Even with the leaked specs it's not exactly gonna be top of the pile so what's this 'superphone' talk?

If you agree BB10 is all about the experience, why wait for an unspecified period in the future for something that you can have right now?

Finally with the assertion by BlackBerry that for a while to come we'll get only 4.2 inch screens, doesn't that put to rest any rumors of a big screen Aristo?

Good points.

Though I agree with everyone who says that getting bugs should be the priority....if they wait several months for Aristo....It won't be high spec'd anymore anyways :-(
    02-18-13 06:32 AM
    Besides the larger screen size and possibly better camera, what real measurable benefits do you expect? Has the Android spec war really resulted in any non-sales related benefits other than slightly smoother GUI transitions and a minor reduction in app load times? I'd be more interested in a multi-core CPU with a mixture of high/low performance cpu's to improve battery life.
    02-18-13 06:57 AM
    Besides the larger screen size and possibly better camera, what real measurable benefits do you expect? Has the Android spec war really resulted in any non-sales related benefits other than slightly smoother GUI transitions and a minor reduction in app load times? I'd be more interested in a multi-core CPU with a mixture of high/low performance cpu's to improve battery life.
    I agree, but it's human nature I suppose. It happens in all areas....cars for example. If you are driving responsibly, you never need a high HP car. In fact, any base model coupe comes with MORE than enough power you'd ever use while driving in front of a cop. (even though, ironically, their 220hp car is the same speed as that 120hp 1990 Civic, LOL)

How many drivers (old people for example) buy expensive cars, and look at HP when buying, even though they will never ever go anywhere near that cars limit?? In fact, you could argue, unlike phone specs, it's dangerous to everyone out there. Side note: Everybody and their Auntie thinks they are a "great" driver, but the truth is, at high speeds (and sometimes not so high), should something truly unexpected happen, be it black ice, animal or human unexpectedly jumping on road, another bad driver making an accident....these people would be instantly reduced to clutching the wheel and hammering on the brakes - they wouldn't have the slightest idea, let alone the reaction, to try to deal with the situation. Oh...another side note: if you dont' drive a manual transmission without a single thought, if driving one isn't like breathing or walking, you AREN'T a great driver! lol.

In any case, those tangents aside, even Apple, who's design phil. has been anti-spec, get's pulled into it to some extent. They try to stay out of the fray somewhat, but end up having to at least give out vague figures....this one is 28X faster than the last one! Android purveyors I think are the biggest catalyst for this stuff....and that may largely because they are constantly at battle to try to differentiate their phones from the others.
    shaydor likes this.
    02-18-13 01:47 PM
    The BB10 simulator you can get to write apps for BB10 has settings for 1 core, 2 cores, 4 cores, etc. Same for memory. 1,2,4,8 GB. Whatever.

The ting is, it would be easy for BBRY to drop in a faster processor and more memory. Same hardware design for the most part. Just need to repackage it as things will be different sizes.

IMHO: I think they need to go to a 4.6" screen. 5" might be tooo big.
    I wouldn't read too much into what the simulator can handle - the simulator is just VMWare, which supports those configuration options out of the box regardless of what OS you're running on it.
    02-18-13 03:57 PM
    At this stage I have my heart set on getting the Q10 but confirmation of a BB10 slider or Aristo?
    02-19-13 01:32 AM
    At this stage I have my heart set on getting the Q10 but confirmation of a BB10 slider or Aristo?
    No confirmation whatsoever on a slider. The Aristo was referred to on a single "leaked" data sheet. We have no clue how valid it was or if plans might change.
    02-19-13 01:41 AM
    I might have this wrong, but I thought I read that BlackBerry was going to release 6 BB10 devices in 2013? We know of 2, the Z10 and Q10. What else is coming?
    02-20-13 11:47 AM
    There were talks of at least one mid-range BB10 device.
    02-20-13 01:46 PM
    The bigger battery (2800 mAH vs the Z10's 1800 mAh) and larger screen (4.6" vs the Z10's 4.2") alone might make the Aristo a better product out the box for lots of people. I wouldn't be surprised if it's out by December in Canada and the UK.

Not to mention Android's runtime will be at Jelly Bean at that point and perhaps even BlackBery 10.2 (or 11?).
    02-20-13 09:28 PM
    The bigger battery (2800 mAH vs the Z10's 1800 mAh) and larger screen (4.6" vs the Z10's 4.2") alone might make the Aristo a better product out the box for lots of people. I wouldn't be surprised if it's out by December in Canada and the UK.

Not to mention Android's runtime will be at Jelly Bean at that point and perhaps even BlackBery 10.2 (or 11?).
    And again I remind you that BlackBerry is committed to keeping these screen sizes fixed at 4.2 for at least this year.

Any talk of a 4.6 inch Aristo is just plain hogwash.

02-23-13 01:35 AM
    And again I remind you that BlackBerry is committed to keeping these screen sizes fixed at 4.2 for at least this year.

Any talk of a 4.6 inch Aristo is just plain hogwash.

Why is that again? I know they committed a resolution to game/app developers after the Z10, but did they commit to a screen size? Do you have a link?
    02-23-13 04:39 PM
    I don't know why people keep talking about the Aristo.
    What is already in the Z10 is pretty good already.

I also don't see anything that is that amazing with the Aristo.
    Slightly bigger screen, faster processor?
    Screen size wise, it's a good size right now, faster processor isn't that great because it's pretty smooth already. The faster processor is only going to help when they start to do mobile computer stuff, which is only going to come out later in the year or maybe next year.

The only moderately good point is the bigger battery since some have been complaining about battery life.

But at the end of the day, these are all incremental upgrades to the phone. Nothing that is earth shatteringly amazing.
    Also, stop asking if there is any news or not. If we had news, it'd be posted! In fact, if there was any news, most people would rush to post it and you would probably find it on the front page of CrackBerry, or some other BlackBerry fan pages.
    02-23-13 11:05 PM
    The only thing I really care for about this rumoured Aristo is the AMOLED screen. I really like those real blacks and saturated colours.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 04:57 AM
    I don't know why people keep talking about the Aristo.
    What is already in the Z10 is pretty good already.

I also don't see anything that is that amazing with the Aristo.
    Slightly bigger screen, faster processor?
    Screen size wise, it's a good size right now, faster processor isn't that great because it's pretty smooth already. The faster processor is only going to help when they start to do mobile computer stuff, which is only going to come out later in the year or maybe next year.

The only moderately good point is the bigger battery since some have been complaining about battery life.

But at the end of the day, these are all incremental upgrades to the phone. Nothing that is earth shatteringly amazing.
    Also, stop asking if there is any news or not. If we had news, it'd be posted! In fact, if there was any news, most people would rush to post it and you would probably find it on the front page of CrackBerry, or some other BlackBerry fan pages.
    Can't anyone dream/salivate? besides everyone has a wishlist. and also, specs can change because they haven't written anything in stone.
    02-27-13 07:26 AM
46 12