I just ordered a Z30 from Amazon. I was wondering if any old crackberry users or Z30 users had any suggestions, advice for my new adventure into BB 10.

Thank you in advance!
    anon(7808135) likes this.
    07-05-15 11:53 PM
    Just unbox it. Update it and use it..
    The z30 is an awesome device... enjoy!

Posted via my  z30/2708 
    07-06-15 02:51 AM
    The Z30 is a great device. One of my favorite features of this phone is the virtual keyboard and its predictive capabilities. I love the flicking of words and all of its auto-correct magic.

Also, get a 64GB micro SD for all your files including music, photos, and documents.

I got that classic leather holster for my Z30 just because I don't like having a case on my phone all the time and when my phone is not in use, the holster keeps it from being scratched or damaged from minor drops.

Have fun with your new BlackBerry Z30!

Posted via CB10
    DanPBB likes this.
    07-06-15 07:36 AM
    My advice is don't let it get between you and your Wife, or girlfriend. That can be problematic!

Rock'n the most Awesomest Z30!
    ronmrn and darkshin0b11 like this.
    07-06-15 07:44 AM
    I just ordered a Z30 from Amazon. I was wondering if any old crackberry users or Z30 users had any suggestions, advice for my new adventure into BB 10.

Thank you in advance!
    unbox it and use it! the z30 is a great device, congrats!
    07-06-15 08:04 AM
    Get an sd card, ghost armor screen protector, and the amzer bumper case (so you can still see the beautiful back cover of the Z30)
    Also get a hdmi to mini-hdmi cable so you can plug it into a tv or monitor so you can watch Netflix.
    Enjoy..best phone ever!

Posted via CB10
    skm67 likes this.
    07-06-15 08:09 AM
    My advice is don't let it get between you and your Wife, or girlfriend. That can be problematic!

In more ways than one. It may no longer be 'your' device anymore.

Posted via CB10
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    07-06-15 10:26 AM
    Usb to go cable and hdmi ti mini hdmi cable to tv hook up or get muracast cable for the TV connection.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    07-06-15 10:51 AM
    My advice is, send it to me so you dont drop it and I will keep it safe for ya!

Open turn it on, load the update or leak and its the Beast, Get It, Got It, Good!
    Carmels likes this.
    07-06-15 02:10 PM
    I'm an original launch date owner and back then no cases could be had, dropped a few times ended up with a nasty scratch on the bottom silver bezel ..I say cover this beast asap !!! keep it in the best possible shape and you won't regret your purchase.
    The updates just keep making it super smooth.
    Today I'm using my Z10 but switch to Q10 and Z30 for a different feel.
    All sweet devices.

Posted from my Dell Venue 8 16g tab
    07-06-15 09:18 PM
    Enjoy it. That is all.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    daveyw_nz likes this.
    07-06-15 09:40 PM
    Z30 owner for over a year. Best phone I had since the original iPhone at launch. I use like phones 100% naked but if you're a case/pouch/holster guy get it at the same time as your phone to avoid bumps. Mine has a few and I'm top quartile careful with phones. Don't bother with screen protector though. Scientifically proven they don't wirk.

Read about using Sachesi and get the latest official releases from carriers or the latest leaks. It's fun and allows you to always have the most advanced features.

Install spotify. This phone sounds great with speakers as well as headphones. If you really like music consider getting good headphones: think Westones, etymotic, etc. Check out headfi for that.

Download BlackBerry travel. It's awesome.

Keep your charger at home and charge overnight. You won't need to charge the phone for the whole day.

Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 11:54 AM
    My advice is to check it closely before you use it. I have been shipped a refurb and the wrong model (STA100-3 instead of the STA100-5). So placing orders for the Z30 STA100-5 three times via amazon resulted in two incorrect devices shipped. Stock at those amazon resellers are getting low and they are trying to ship junk they have left. Be careful.

Having said all that....amazon was awesome with the returns.
    07-07-15 12:52 PM
    Download BlackBerry travel. It's awesome.

Posted via CB10
    I highlighted that because I (we) just used it for 3 weeks in Europe including the flights and connectors, the rental car and return date, the various room reservations (about 6 different places) and the train from Paris to Geneva. It was slick and worked well. Of course, it was more cautious than we were - reminded me that we left more than a few open nights to stay wherever!

The fact that were was a web-interface for BB Travel made entering some data easier on a full size keyboard with some cut/paste. https://travel.blackberry.com/trips/login.html
    07-07-15 03:37 PM
    Awesome device... I enjoy all the features, but also it sports a free radio feature, plug in the headphones for reception... key in your favorite local stations, BOOM good background music while busy with other tasks... :-)

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    FF22 likes this.
    07-07-15 04:01 PM
    I have it in my hands now. I love this thing is pretty powerful. He hehe.. about to install 10.3.2. I am excited!!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 07:53 PM
    Don't bother with screen protector though. Scientifically proven they don't wirk.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure I agree here. I tend to keep most of my BB10s naked... but I always use a quality matte screen protector. Looks awesome on the Z30 and no grease/smudges/glare.

As for cracking the screen, not sure how much this type of protector would help, but the tempered glass ones definitely do. I just prefer matte on all of my devices.

Updated my Z10, Z30, and Passport today and I have to say I absolutely love the color saturation on the Z30 over the others. Black is actually black. Just something I noticed side by side.

Wish BlackBerry would have kept the Z30 in production and renamed it with a few minor changes instead of releasing the Leap. It's an awesome device... still!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:42 PM
    Definitely get a screen protector. I have the OEM one from BlackBerry, and it fits and works great.

I've never dropped my phone on hard surfaces, so I don't know if it will protect against a broken screen but it definitely protects against scratches and stuff like that.

I also like the Amzer bumper case as well as the Otterbox Commuter.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 11:03 PM

House rule, Wife gets a new BlackBerry when I get one. Worked well for the last 12 years.

@Op, Get a screen protector and a Amzer Border Case to help protect your BlackBerry against incidental drops. Before upgrading the OS, review the threads to make sure there will be no issues during or after the update. Other than that - enjoy!!
    07-07-15 11:24 PM
    I highlighted that because I (we) just used it for 3 weeks in Europe including the flights and connectors, the rental car and return date, the various room reservations (about 6 different places) and the train from Paris to Geneva. It was slick and worked well. Of course, it was more cautious than we were - reminded me that we left more than a few open nights to stay wherever!

The fact that were was a web-interface for BB Travel made entering some data easier on a full size keyboard with some cut/paste. https://travel.blackberry.com/trips/login.html
    I, too, have been using BlackBerry Travel app since I had my BlackBerry Bold 9930 and on my Z30 for the past 1.5 years and highly recommend it. I also use an Android app called Flight View Free. Enjoy your new BlackBerry!

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    07-08-15 09:55 AM
    This is my (or more accurately, the author's) logic for the no screen protector decision:

why-i-dont-use-screen-protectors-an-engineers-perspective

You can Google that, I can't post the link.

This is a bit like high end cables within the AV community. There are camps with very strong opposing views. I'm always on the skeptical side when the alternative involves spending money LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by HKondor; 07-08-15 at 11:33 AM.
    07-08-15 11:22 AM
    Save the original pre-installed screen protector. It'll hold you down for a little bit. The little red sticker comes off.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:25 AM