I've had my z30 for almost 4 weeks and I'm still using it with the glass protector that it shipped with (with the little red lift tab in the bottom right)

Ben debating going with a screen protector in my device. I remember having one on my Bold 9900 and remember the clarity difference when I finally tore it off but mind you it did take a few scratches that the screen would have taken without it but I an so debating in whether or not to slap a screen protector on my z30.

What are you all doing? Going naked or with a screen protector? Interested in the community's thoughts.

Cheers

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-25-14 08:02 AM
    I always use a screen protector. My Z10 is clear and bright and a screen protector does not dull it at all. And it has saved countless scratches and digs from accidents....even the kind that happen in my purse.
    02-25-14 09:53 AM
    I use one on mine. Better safe than sorry. I honestly don't even notice it. Once you get used to them it's like they aren't there. I really don't like scratches on screens so I take the steps to protect them. I usually replace the screen protector every couple years depending how well it lasts. My last phone I replaced it twice in the 3 years it was my daily driver. Screen is still 100%

Posted via my Z30
    02-25-14 12:47 PM
    The factory protection that came with the phone doesn't go high enough to offer good protection so if I were you I'd get a good quality screen protector pronto.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 01:31 PM
    Naked! Just removed the factory protector on the weekend after having the phone for a month. I think you'll be fine without a screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:18 PM
    I've had my z30 for almost 4 weeks and I'm still using it with the glass protector that it shipped with (with the little red lift tab in the bottom right)

Ben debating going with a screen protector in my device. I remember having one on my Bold 9900 and remember the clarity difference when I finally tore it off but mind you it did take a few scratches that the screen would have taken without it but I an so debating in whether or not to slap a screen protector on my z30.

What are you all doing? Going naked or with a screen protector? Interested in the community's thoughts.

Cheers

Get a screen protector. It's worth it.

Posted from my awesome Z30 using CB10
    02-25-14 08:46 PM
    I never use a screen protector anymore. Imo, the Q looks way better without one; no dullness, no bubbles, no dust getting caught in the edges... Never used one on my 9900 either, I had it for 2 years, screen is in excellent condition still. Only thing to watch out for is putting the phone in the same pocket as keys. And dropping it on its face lol, thats a no-no too...

I dont use cases either, just a pouch when the phone is being transported. But the trade-off is having to be more careful with your device.
    02-26-14 08:16 AM
    I run a Tech Armor anti glare/anti fingerprint protector and love it. They are not as expensive. The screen is not as bright but I never have to wipe my phone off and it is great when outdoors in the sun. I also have it on my Surface Pro 2. Best Screen Protector | Tech Armor
    02-26-14 08:24 AM
    Naked on my Z10, and on all of my previous BlackBerry devices, as well as on my Playbook. My teen daughter has a protector on her Z10.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-26-14 09:03 AM
    Thank you to all for your responses. Always nice to see what others are doing with their devices.

02-27-14 12:02 AM
    Had my Z30 since November without a screen protector and not a single scratch on the screen. Before that had my Z10 since February also without a screen protector and also no scratches.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:32 AM
    I've never used a screen protector on any of my BB devices, and so far that's been one of the parts that has held up the best. I don't recommend not using a screen cover, as they do prevent scratches, I just never liked any of the ones I'd tried on my earlier phones.

I also don't put anything but my phone in my left front pocket unless it's a piece of paper or something equally harmless, and even then it's only for a short period of time.
    02-27-14 01:35 AM
    I'm using the one that came with my otterbox commuter. It does a pretty good job and does not distort the display, though I do find that it smudges and shows finger grease quite easy and requires constant cleaning. Still worth it though.

I used Zagg invisible shield products previously on my iPhone and loved those as well. I may end up ordering one eventually.

Posted on CB10 via my Z30
    02-27-14 04:55 AM
    Just do it. It will gives you little more 'weight', but it feels like there's nothing on your phone.
    Better safe than sorry.
    I use the normal one (no anti glare or anything), but I would like to try the glass tempered one.
    Anyone use the tempered glass?
    Any feedback will be very welcome
    Last edited by chrizrun30; 02-27-14 at 06:23 AM.
    02-27-14 05:36 AM
    For me the factory one only lasted a few days before it was easy scuffed up. I got the BlackBerry screen protector pack of 2

From the Z30
    02-27-14 06:08 AM
    I have a screen protector....but sadly am totally incapable of putting one on either straight or without so many bubbles it resembles something alien.

I bought a screen protector from a 'phone accessory barrow' seller in the local precinct at Burton on Trent. I asked the young lad if he could put screen protectors on with not too many bubbles.....and he offered to do it for me. Honestly, I cannot tell it is there, except for the cut outs at the top.
    02-27-14 06:19 AM
    That red triangle will peel off eh so it looks seamless. I just found that out the other day. I'm still using the factory one under the built-in Otterbox case

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:30 AM
    One thing no one has mentioned is finger print smudges. Those drive me crazy. I got my screen protector more for that than to prevent scratches. In the year I've had my z10 never had to clean the screen once.

Also, if you get one get someone who knows what they're doing to install it for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 06:35 AM
    I guess to each their own but I personally would never use my phone without one. If I got even one noticeable scratch on my screen I would be pretty upset.

Sent from my Z10 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-27-14 06:41 AM
    It really is a personal preference. I always had one on my Z10, but now with my Z30 I'm a bit obsessed with the feel of the glass, and the device as a whole. So I'm running naked for now and loving it!
    02-27-14 07:25 AM
    Naked but get a pocket pouch or flip case to protect the screen. I had a an otterbox and screen protector on for a month and when I took it off the phone felt and looks 100x better. Went back to the pocket pouch and naked phone. The reason I left it in the first place is the screen came on when the top button was pressed even while in the pouch causing reboots. That is fixed now....

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:48 AM