Almost gave up on my Z30 yesterday.

Was all set to go back to ios, had the sim card slot open in iphone, went to take sim out of the otterbox case and when I did I said it was too nice of a phone to give it up.

The reason why is so pissed that some of the apps I use are not supported.

Facebook i the big one, have been using the mobile site but when I do that I cannot share on friends walls, always and I mean always have spelling mistakes, words missing when I type something tand post it on facebook.

Google + wont work on my phone any more. Have play installed but when I go to use google + it says play services are required and shuts down.

Always have problems with instagram. Tried different browse, opera, doesnt work. Had it work once but since then it just shuts down faster then it starts up.

What is everyone else doing to make things work?

Mywife is on ios and I buying her the 6 or 6s for Christmas so I was going to take her old 5s until I decided on a new phone for myself.
    12-14-15 12:24 PM
    If you love the keyboard and the Hub, then get the priv..... If you can live with no productivity, then get the iPhone..... We just got used to it and had a fun time with just getting things done and having all the "fun" apps on our tablets or laptops......

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    misscbrown likes this.
    12-14-15 12:26 PM
    I love my Z30 for what it is, rather than what it's not. The app issues haven't really bothered me (not a big social media user) and 90% of the apps I need are all available. Everything else is just simply more productive than other platforms. IOS is great for social media support, but is terrible for email and multitasking. Android has all the apps but feels slow and clunky.

Reasons I continue to use my Z30

-The Hub
    -The Keyboard
    -Swipe Gestures
    -Battery life
    -Speaker Quality
    -Privacy
    -Multitasking
    -Browser Speed
    -Smooth OS

For myself, these FAR outweigh any app issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 02:08 PM
    For Instagram, you can use igrann or inst10. Google+ I never used so not sure how about that. Facebook, we have Nemory studios about to launch a Facebook app soon. So it all boils down to, what do you mainly use your phone for? Social media or working? if social get another phone. If work welcome home.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 02:44 PM
    I had the same experience. I've used a 5s for two weeks and was very happy when turned my Z30 on
    BB OS 10 is far superior in any field compare to other systems but not for "app funs". That's true...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 02:54 PM
    Majority of your requirements can be used on the Web browser. Unfortunately with the apps either are not great, out dated and many inconsistent.

BlackBerry OS and Z30 had been great since I've moved to the device 2 years ago coming from hardcore android Nexus family.

In fact I barely use any apps and use the Web browsers for all my needs. Rest is all productivity work using hub, SMS, BBM and emails.

At the end of the day it's individual choice and requirements. I suppose you sound like a multimedia person who require social apps etc. IPhone are great for that.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2813
    12-14-15 07:15 PM
    I have always been a true BlackBerry supporter but unfortunately I agree that the apps aren't being supported anymore. I love my Z30 but I know that eventually I would have to move on. I can't stand the apple ecosystem so I will wait for the priv to get cheaper or the next android phone from BlackBerry.
    Unfortunately your choice now-a-days is apple or Google...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 07:34 PM
    Almost gave up on my Z30 yesterday.

Was all set to go back to ios, had the sim card slot open in iphone, went to take sim out of the otterbox case and when I did I said it was too nice of a phone to give it up.

The reason why is so pissed that some of the apps I use are not supported.

Facebook i the big one, have been using the mobile site but when I do that I cannot share on friends walls, always and I mean always have spelling mistakes, words missing when I type something tand post it on facebook.

Google + wont work on my phone any more. Have play installed but when I go to use google + it says play services are required and shuts down.

Always have problems with instagram. Tried different browse, opera, doesnt work. Had it work once but since then it just shuts down faster then it starts up.

What is everyone else doing to make things work?

Mywife is on ios and I buying her the 6 or 6s for Christmas so I was going to take her old 5s until I decided on a new phone for myself.
    Just get what works for you and that meet your needs... You will get a plethora of answers on this pro Blackberry site that will favor BB Handsets. I got a feeling that you do not want to switch or else you would not post here to get BB fans opinion. We will give all the Pros of the BB Handsets. Your cons are not my cons and vice versa. I have a Z30 and I love it. I need a efficient smooth OS, great battery life, I do not do social media, or need a ton of apps. BB10 is perfect for me. Like I said earlier...you know what works for you. If that IPHONE 5S is calling you...enjoy it.
    12-14-15 08:05 PM
    E

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 01:12 PM
    If you can live with no productivity, then get the iPhone
    I moved from a Z30 to an iP6s and couldn't be more productive with apps like Outlook and Todoist
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    12-16-15 01:28 AM
    I moved from a Z30 to an iP6s and couldn't be more productive with apps like Outlook and Todoist
    I'm looking at going to the iP6S. Not because I want to, I love the things about Z30 that most BB lovers do. I've never used any smart phone but BB, and I'm scared to even try another one. But, I'm so frustrated with mine since the last update (from Verizon for me). Now the basic function of talking on a phone is all screwed up. I've tried every fix I can find on CB. Some of them have worked for a time, but the issue always returns. I've taken pictures side by side with family that use iPhone and there is no comparison to how good their pictures look compared to mine. My video and sound seems to be better though. i"m a business owner and furnish BB's to two of my employees and my son is using one of my Z30's. Nobody is happy with the phones since the update. Battery life stinks now, which used to be my greatest bragging point to all of my Android and iPhone friends. Can you tell me some things that you like better about the iPhone?
    12-20-15 09:09 AM
    I used z30 strictly for my official purpose and did not install Facebook etc. But now Microsoft exchange mail service is also not supporting BlackBerry 10 and I have stopped getting the official mails. What do I do now?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 08:47 PM
    Well have decided tonight will be the last night with the z30.

Got my wife iPhone 6 so I am going to take over her old 5s so I can try it again and decide before buying myself a new phone.

The tipping point was yesterday the lag while trying to make a call is getting to me!

In my opinion BlackBerry makes the most beautiful phones, hands down the best os, there is nothing out there that compares to BlackBerry Hub but the support is just not there for it any more. I wish people would just smarten up and realize that about BlackBerry and give them another chance then the support would be there.

Plus, being Canadian I liked supporting a Canadian company.

Had an android phone prior to the z30 but found there is a lag with Android as well, especially when u compare it to ios.

So, unfortunately will be giving ios another go for a bit. The priv might be in my future but not a huge fan of Android.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 07:18 AM
    Well, decided against going back to iOS. Just like my z30 too much compared to iOS.

Have 6 months left on contract, will decide then if I will go with priv or maybe a windows phone.
    12-26-15 03:14 PM
    Well, decided against going back to iOS. Just like my z30 too much compared to iOS.

Have 6 months left on contract, will decide then if I will go with priv or maybe a windows phone.
    How is the WINDOWS store for apps?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 04:04 PM
    6 months ago I got rid of my Z10 and got a Galaxy S6. I hate the thing. Typing on it right now and I actually need to slow down to not make spelling mistakes. Order a Z30 today and can't wait for it to come! Apps don't impress me. People always asked why I use a Blackberry, I show them, and they're impressed. But people are dumb, they always want the phone that specs better and is cooler than their's. F that! I want a phone that works! That i can use

I had to correct so many mistakes in this post. Sorry if if I missed some...
    12-26-15 09:44 PM
    How is the WINDOWS store for apps?

Posted via CB10
    I do have personal experience with 8.1 (not os 10), but I've read some articles about WP10 and the app gap is existing too. And the quality of the apps are not so good, eg iOS Skype app much better than WP version... Some folks told that android can help it as BlackBerry did it. I thought WP would be the next but currently even worse than BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 06:35 AM
    I used z30 strictly for my official purpose and did not install Facebook etc. But now Microsoft exchange mail service is also not supporting BlackBerry 10 and I have stopped getting the official mails. What do I do now?

Posted via CB10
    This is untrue. I have 3 Microsoft Exchange activesync accounts on my Z30. Email, contacts, and calendars all syncing properly.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2813
    12-27-15 09:00 AM
    Alternative app for Facebook = Face10 you need Beta Zone for that. For instagram I use IGrann.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 10:37 AM
    Alternative app for Facebook = Face10 you need Beta Zone for that. For instagram I use IGrann.

Posted via CB10
    Alternative OS for Apps would be Android. Buy a Priv, it's almost 2016.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 12:39 PM
    Seriously, guys, where do you get your devices? What do you do with the OS on it, so it start to behave like you describe? Why do you, guys, wait, that some third party apps that belongs to a different OS would behave like native on your devices? WTF?!

I have got my Q10 right after it has appeared on the market. Went through a few OS updates and participated the OS beta testing program. Never. NEVER I had any serious problem with an OS or missing apps. A bit later the Snap app appeared. It's a fine native app for a third party app store. Never had any serious issue with the apps installed from it. It just solved all my problems, like an Instagram or Expedia apps missing.

Why do you even buy BlackBerry if you need something like Apple or Android? What do you use your phone for, that can not be solved with a BlackBerry OS?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 12:56 PM
    Going to echo what gugomat says above, what do you guys do to your phones to make them crap out on you?

Been running 10.3.2.2474 on my Q5 smooth without ANY issues as well as Snap v 2.9.9.2 with a bunch of android apps that never crash or anything (including instagram)

Are you guys running the beta builds (and expecting solid perfomance) or something? That could be the only explanation

Running official releases of BBOS 10 have always been solid to me

OP --> maybe you need to take your z30 and do a fresh install of an official release (non alpha or beta)
    gugomat likes this.
    12-27-15 01:04 PM
    i have never done a beta install, always wait for my carrier release.

I am running google play services and gogle play. Is snap the better way to go? I used to get android apps off of snap but once we were able to use play store I went that route instead.
    12-28-15 08:46 AM
    How productive can it be to have to maintain all those workarounds to keep your apps functioning when they just work on other platforms?
    12-28-15 08:56 AM
    Have the option of running Android apps on the best os available is why it is worth it. Ios, Android and Windows can't touch BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 05:07 PM