Which model of Z30 works in Canada with Bell? STA100-5 right?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Yes, I have STA100-5 on Bell, originally locked to Telus.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:21 PM
    Ah, that did the trick. Clicking on the icon, not the word. Unfortunately, that one-click action only gives you Silent or Vibrate, plus Normal. It doesn't allow you to toggle among the 3 modes, which I do do often. Example: I don't like my phone to even vibrate when I'm in meetings or going to sleep, want every ring and notification to go off when I'm out on the road and want stuff to vibrate if I'm, say, watching TV. As you can see, I toggle through these modes throughout the day. Sounds like the only way to do this (unless there's an app that makes it easier) is to go into the actual settings and switch it there. True?

Thank you!
    Upgrade to 10.3.1.938 you can toggle more than 2. I never liked 10.3 on my z30, so when 10.3.1 leak came out I switched os quickly and it's way better for 10.3. I heard 10.3 wasn't optimized for our devices anyway, so makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:26 PM
    Yes, I have STA100-5 on Bell, originally locked to Telus.

Posted via CB10
    Updates are based on your sim not the original network the phone was on right? So you would get the OTA updates when Bell puts them out?

10-25-14 12:28 PM
    Updates are based on your sim not the original network the phone was on right? So you would get the OTA updates when Bell puts them out?

Correct

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:35 PM
    Correct
    That wouldn't make a lot of sense. There's many phones not all carriers offer (most, actually). Why would AT&T, for example, come up with an AT&T firmware for the Z30 when they didn't sell the device to begin with? That would mean they would need to create AT&T firmwares for any device that takes a SIM card out there, including CDMA ones from Verizon and Sprint.
    10-25-14 03:47 PM
    - No dedicated hardware camera button, but I admit I'm spoiled by Lumias.
    Hmm use the volume buttons?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:57 PM
    A lot of the issues you are having seems to be because of the 10.3 OS you loaded. It was never designed for the Z30 but 10.3.1 is. The screenshot notifications work properly in 10.2.1, the no app install on SD card is a security limitation not a OS limitation. The rest of your issues seem carrier specific or haven't discovered some of the settings to change things such as font size.

Posted via CB10
    diesel0110 likes this.
    10-25-14 04:02 PM
    That wouldn't make a lot of sense. There's many phones not all carriers offer (most, actually). Why would AT&T, for example, come up with an AT&T firmware for the Z30 when they didn't sell the device to begin with? That would mean they would need to create AT&T firmwares for any device that takes a SIM card out there, including CDMA ones from Verizon and Sprint.
    There's plenty of threads that explain how to work around this issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:08 PM
    Hopefully you can get a hold if the guy if there are any "unforseen" issues like insurance fraud. I got burnt when my daughters phone got blacklisted after 3 months. I was lucky to get my money back

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:22 PM
    - Font in the messaging application is too damn small, even compared to other types of messages, like e-mails. I can't easily text and drive. hahaha That's a joke.
    You could change the font go to settings - display - font size

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-25-14 05:20 PM
    No other feedback on my gripes? I was expecting to read "you're doing it wrong, here's how you do it", "true, but here's a workaround" or "unfortunately, that's the way it is with BB10".
    Honestly I think a lot of the glitchy sounding things are coming from the fact that you immediately installed 10.3, which is an OS version that won't ever even be released for the Z30. I can't comment on those problems since I haven't tried 10.3.

I'd recommend updating to 10.3.1 if you're going to try a leaked OS. Or just downgrade to the official 10.2.1 software and wait for the official update which should come by the end of the year.

Many people run into problems when installing a leaked OS, and it's usually hard to pinpoint why. That's the risk of incomplete software builds.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:59 PM
    To follow up on my post, I think that the bad data speeds, volume indicator, laggyness, dial pad issues and screenshot indicator are OS related. They're not normal Z30 problems, that's for sure.

Earlier when someone mentioned bad radio on 10.3 they weren't talking about the AM/FM radio you're thinking of; they're talking about the phone radio signal receptor which determines connectivity and data speed etc. You'll get much better speed and signal on an official OS.

Good luck with the phone!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 12:04 AM

- I can't seem to master that swipe up. Many times, it just won't do anything until the second, third, fourth try.
    - No volume indicator when I press the volume buttons. I did see it a couple of times, but now, I can't seem to see it whenever I change the volume. And the volume does change when I press the buttons. Odd.
    Swipe to unlock: just be confident and keep swiping. I've noticed in latest 10.3 nothing seems to happen until you've swiped like one third of the screen.

Volume indication: on mine repeated short presses show volume bar, long press shows nothing but gives fast forward / rewind. Cannot remember if this was some setting I changed somewhere tho...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:00 AM
    I totally agree with webber27. +1

Posted via CB1.8.2.0
    10-26-14 07:01 AM
    I will be honest. I don't know if it was these "shortcomings" or the fact that I'm so used to Windows Phone (have been using since version 7 was released and the OS continues to improve quickly) that I went back to my Lumias a day after posting this. However, I am not one to give up and I always give everything a chance, which is why I wanted to try BB10 and spent almost $300 on it. So, based on feedback offered here, I plan on upgrading to 10.3.1 and trying again. Maybe as early as tonight.

Another two gripes I have (neither of which will be solved by installing a different build, obviously) and didn't mention before are:
    - Paid apps are usually more expensive than those on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. $1.99 sounds like the norm, whereas $0.99 is a very common price on the other platforms.
    - BB10 is like iOS in that the "home screen" is a static canvas full of icons. Android improves on this by providing dynamic widgets. Windows Phone goes one step further with their active tiles and live view, which I find very nice. Whenever I unlock my phone, my screen looks different, I see latest news, Facebook feeds, a cool photo posted by a friend on Twitter, a delicious recipe, etc. And you can resize these "icons" as you please and the contents will adapt to the size of your liking. I find this very convenient.
    10-27-14 04:12 PM
    I will be honest. I don't know if it was these "shortcomings" or the fact that I'm so used to Windows Phone (have been using since version 7 was released and the OS continues to improve quickly) that I went back to my Lumias a day after posting this. However, I am not one to give up and I always give everything a chance, which is why I wanted to try BB10 and spent almost $300 on it. So, based on feedback offered here, I plan on upgrading to 10.3.1 and trying again. Maybe as early as tonight.

Another two gripes I have (neither of which will be solved by installing a different build, obviously) and didn't mention before are:
    - Paid apps are usually more expensive than those on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. $1.99 sounds like the norm, whereas $0.99 is a very common price on the other platforms.
    - BB10 is like iOS in that the "home screen" is a static canvas full of icons. Android improves on this by providing dynamic widgets. Windows Phone goes one step further with their active tiles and live view, which I find very nice. Whenever I unlock my phone, my screen looks different, I see latest news, Facebook feeds, a cool photo posted by a friend on Twitter, a delicious recipe, etc. And you can resize these "icons" as you please and the contents will adapt to the size of your liking. I find this very convenient.
    Windows Phone has been improving steadily and is a compelling offering for potential BlackBerry converts (ahem... turncoats!). I've found the lack of file management (outside of the media card), lack of a unified notification center (since remedied), lack of Miracast support on relatively current devices (Lumia 1020), and an overall lack of device availability in Canada has made it a hard sell for me.

Mind you, if things continue to develop at the pace so far (bearing in mind that BB10 development pace is crazy fast), my next all touch device may turn out to be a Microsoft Lumia flagship.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:42 AM
    All those have since been solved.
    10-28-14 11:52 AM
    I just traded my Galaxy note 3 for a black Z30 that was like new. Still had the plastic on the screen. Came with a black otter box defender case.

I used to have a Z10 and traded it. Ever since I have been kicking myself in the **** for getting rid of it. I tried to get the Z30 at the Verizon store when I upgraded and they laughed at me. They didn't have any blackberry phones in stock. So I settled for the note.

I have been trying to find a Z30 to trade for but no luck until now. It was between the Z30 and the Nokia icon. But I went with the blackberry and couldn't be happier. I'll be keeping this phone until there is a better blackberry to upgrade to.

I'm new to this site but am enjoying reading the forums.

Posted via CB10
    Easy-G likes this.
    10-30-14 08:55 AM
    I just traded my Galaxy note 3 for a black Z30 that was like new. Still had the plastic on the screen. Came with a black otter box defender case.

I used to have a Z10 and traded it. Ever since I have been kicking myself in the **** for getting rid of it. I tried to get the Z30 at the Verizon store when I upgraded and they laughed at me. They didn't have any blackberry phones in stock. So I settled for the note.

I have been trying to find a Z30 to trade for but no luck until now. It was between the Z30 and the Nokia icon. But I went with the blackberry and couldn't be happier. I'll be keeping this phone until there is a better blackberry to upgrade to.

I'm new to this site but am enjoying reading the forums.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome These forums are great to read useful things and to have some fun!

Posted via CB1.8.2.0
    10-30-14 01:44 PM
44 12