Negative, positive, divided and committed to the success of BB10, our community in a nut shell.
    This is such a focussed community and the hottest topic of conversation is with out a doubt the spec's or lack there of on
    the A series phone from Blackberry.

I myself have served notice of my disappointment with the A10 (thread disappointed BGR reveals specs for A10)
    I have recently seen the light, and I thank the community for sharing there thoughts and ideas with me and all other readers.
    This is what I have discovered while reading through all the negative and positive post related to the A10. A simple theme
    has opened my eyes to the potential of this phone.

So here it is. First Blackberry needs to market this phone as a Video game playing social monster ( thanks to the quad core GPU)
    Second. Blackberry needs to make this phone 32 GB memory instead of 16. ( to take advantage of this gaming monster)
    Third, price this phone at the same price your competition prices there 16 GB phones at. (Keep removable battery)
    And last but not least educate those sales reps, and give them some cash as an incentive to sell like hell.

Thanks Crackberry reading all of your comments and insight has made me a little less upset about this phone.
    If BackBerry makes these small changes this is my next phone for sure.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-16-13 04:17 PM
    Really...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:19 PM
    Yes really.
    07-16-13 04:37 PM
    Really...

Posted via CB10
    Very useful discussion, thanks for your contribution.

Here are my thoughts:

Since we almost know for sure that the A10 will have last year's specs, do something crazy with the OS that will make people talk about it. Something new and innovative. Make TAT work their butts off.

Get some more big developers on board who will announce their phones at launch. And none of this "committed" stuff, the apps should be there on launch day. I'm also not talking about port-a-thons, I'm talking some of the apps people complain about here every day.

Do some cool marketing.
    07-16-13 04:54 PM
    I think the A10 will be an aweome phone, it doesnt need the best specs to be a great device. And if BlackBerry keeps working on the OS to make it the best it can be, the A10 can be hella sucessful.
    SDTRMG and moonfalle like this.
    07-16-13 05:00 PM
    Yep to me the only thing lacking is the internal storage.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-16-13 05:02 PM
    I think the A10 will be an aweome phone, it doesnt need the best specs to be a great device. And if BlackBerry keeps working on the OS to make it the best it can be, the A10 can be hella sucessful.
    I agree with you...I'd get it with the rumored specs

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:53 PM
    Yep to me the only thing lacking is the internal storage.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    +1

Should be 64 gigs
    07-16-13 06:36 PM
    Very useful discussion, thanks for your contribution.

Here are my thoughts:

Since we almost know for sure that the A10 will have last year's specs, do something crazy with the OS that will make people talk about it. Something new and innovative. Make TAT work their butts off.

Get some more big developers on board who will announce their phones at launch. And none of this "committed" stuff, the apps should be there on launch day. I'm also not talking about port-a-thons, I'm talking some of the apps people complain about here every day.

Do some cool marketing.
    Last years specs? Why use a quad core cu if no apps even utilizes it today, most computer programs/applications don't even use quad core CPU and we expect are phones to come with them?

Android oems are the only people using pointless specs to compete with each other, Apple uses retina, Microsoft 720p, even Google uses 720p (motox/nexus).

People sound spoiled in this day and age.
    07-16-13 11:58 PM
    I would very much like to see more ram. I don't really want a bigger screen but more ram on 10.2 with headless, miracast etc might get me to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:28 AM
    Rumours are that Nokia is working in a 6'' phablet, they are waiting the third update of WP8 "GDR3" that brings support for quad-core and 1080p.
    07-17-13 12:43 AM
    More RAM would have been cool for bragging rights.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-17-13 01:28 AM
    Last years specs? Why use a quad core cu if no apps even utilizes it today, most computer programs/applications don't even use quad core CPU and we expect are phones to come with them?
    Whether individual apps use it or not, the fact that the OS has "true multitasking" as a big feature means they wouldn't have to in order to get the

Android oems are the only people using pointless specs to compete with each other, Apple uses retina, Microsoft 720p, even Google uses 720p (motox/nexus).
    Microsoft will have 5" 1080p tablets this fall. Apple doesn't have 5" phones, so the pixel density is roughly similar. Nobody complained about the Z10 resolution because it's a 4" phone.

Nexus 4 is also a 4" phone (not to mention a year old), compare A10 to the Nexus 5 which will probably be coming out around the same time. Nexus 5 has 1080p.

AFAIK, nobody knows what Moto X will have. I've seen conflicting opinions, some say 720p and some say 1080p. If you have more definite information I'd like to know.
    07-17-13 11:49 AM